Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zep View Post
    The best way to send them is to make them out to cash:

c/o Zep
    PSD Political Sub-Forum

I will also accept payment in the form of Dunkin Donuts coffee, so....bonus.

vCash
    I understand where you are coming from ink. But its' 25 bucks per person here, 40 bucks here 3 bucks here etc. Now granted that is not factoring in corp profits at all. Thank god for Exxon and their 40 billion a year tax contribution.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    You know that's one thing I hate about the left, and the general population. They are quick to say look at Exxon making so much money, they dont' say look at how much they are paying in taxes.

I think certain programs should be Insert federal program to help insert something brougth to you by Exxon.

As long as that program isn't anything to do with booze, tankers, or oil spills.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    They are quick to say look at Exxon making so much money, they dont' say look at how much they are paying in taxes.
    Funny you should mention Exxon ... they've partnered with a Vancouver-based fuel cell company called Questair to develop an on-vehicle hydrogen production system for use in fuel cell-powered trucks. On their way to becoming the good guys ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersin08 View Post
    He claimed that "life" is an inalienable right. If he truly believed that, he would be against abortion, since it prevents a baby from living its life. Also, I am a senior at a public high school, not home schooled. I strongly disagree with the public school system, and think people should pay for school themselves, not depend on Uncle Sam. Free school lunches piss me off even more. You honestly can't afford to pay the $2.10 for lunch? If that's the case the kid should be taken from the home, because they can't be getting fed to well at home. And if the government is going to give away free lunch, they better give it to everyone.
    Such hypocrisy from you.

When you have to face the world for yourself you'll see things in a different light. Most Democrats AND Republicans have a completely different set of priorities than 14-18 year old high school kids.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    health is not a privilege... it's part of that whole "LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" thingamajig
    No it's not.

You can argue that it's a right, but not based on that. That's not what those mean.

The health care as a right argument belongs in the "liberty vs. security" debate. Which means...you give up a bit of liberty to have the government control and distribute health care.
    Oh, you're right. I forgot we had a caste system here in the U.S.
    We do. It's called college.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    No it's not.

You can argue that it's a right, but not based on that. That's not what those mean.

The health care as a right argument belongs in the "liberty vs. security" debate. Which means...you give up a bit of liberty to have the government control and distribute health care.

Who says the government has to provide it? Why can't we simply let the government negotiate prices for us to make HC more affordable?

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Who says the government has to provide it? Why can't we simply let the government negotiate prices for us to make HC more affordable?
    We can, if we want. But that wouldn't fall under "life, liberty and pursuit of happiness".

But is what you're suggesting, with one giant buyer.....they can have more influence on prices? And you suggest making that buyer the Federal government?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Funny you should mention Exxon ... they've partnered with a Vancouver-based fuel cell company called Questair to develop an on-vehicle hydrogen production system for use in fuel cell-powered trucks. On their way to becoming the good guys ...
    no they are just such a great company they know when to make money off a situation.

vCash
    We can, if we want. But that wouldn't fall under "life, liberty and pursuit of happiness".

But is what you're suggesting, with one giant buyer.....they can have more influence on prices? And you suggest making that buyer the Federal government?
    Yes. When a family buys health insurance they pay less per person than they would if each individual got it alone.

It's much cheaper for the insurance companies to have groups of buyers than individual buyers. That's part of the reason that they're able to charge us less when we buy collectively at our workplaces.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    no they are just such a great company they know when to make money off a situation.
    That's my thought. They know that there's probably only a few more decades of profit to be made from oil. So why not get a head start on the next source of energy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    That's my thought. They know that there's probably only a few more decades of profit to be made from oil. So why not get a head start on the next source of energy?
    That's what I was getting at with my comment ... that and they don't want to become the Underwood Typewriters of the energy sector.

vCash
    And this relates to healthcare how?

As for college being a caste system, there's a reason it's called higher education. There's nothing stopping you from going all the way through high school on federal funding and then earning a scholarship to a college (also free). The difference is basic education should be provided; higher education is up to the individual.
    Cubs Bears Bulls Blackhawks FOREVER

I told Jerry Angelo how to land Jay Cutler, and he obliged.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CuseDude87 View Post
    And this relates to healthcare how?

As for college being a caste system, there's a reason it's called higher education. There's nothing stopping you from going all the way through high school on federal funding and then earning a scholarship to a college (also free). The difference is basic education should be provided; higher education is up to the individual.
    Some would argue that a country that wants to compete in the global marketplace would ensure that higher education is provided (or at least made affordable) too. But that's a topic for another thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Some would argue that a country that wants to compete in the global marketplace would ensure that higher education is provided (or at least made affordable) too. But that's a topic for another thread.
    Haha, of course. I really didn't want to put that in though, because I didn't want to see Brewersin08's reaction. I suppose his response would be something to the effect of, "If you work really hard, regardless of your environment, you'll get in to any college you want" or some other BS.
    Cubs Bears Bulls Blackhawks FOREVER

I told Jerry Angelo how to land Jay Cutler, and he obliged.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast