Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 96
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,816
    vCash
    1500
    Let's not veer off into a right to life debate.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    33,315
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Cue in the abortion debate. Where does life being!
    the thing is, while there is a debate regarding whether or not life begins pre or post delivery, there is NO debate about the "life" of an already living child

    thus, brewers' attempt to use the abortion debate in regards to the health care issue at hand is both invalid and utterly flawed
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,816
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    the thing is, while there is a debate regarding whether or not life begins pre or post delivery, there is NO debate about the "life" of an already living child

    thus, brewers' attempt to use the abortion debate in regards to the health care issue at hand is both invalid and utterly flawed
    And off topic.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    519
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    you just compared health care to paying for cable

    your logic fails
    They are both services. Services are things that are bought, not given to you for free. If you can't afford it, that's your problem.
    Who Is John Galt? Atlas is Shrugging.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,816
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    35 billion is a tough pill to swallow.
    Over 5 years that's 7 billion per year. Considering what it achieves, it's really not that high.

  6. #36
    Zep's Avatar
    Zep is offline Another Caucasian, Gary.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,784
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Let's not veer off into a right to life debate.
    Killjoy

    joking, joking


    Thanks to vick27m for the userbar.

    A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    33,315
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersin08 View Post
    They are both services. Services are things that are bought, not given to you for free. If you can't afford it, that's your problem.
    what part of the bill of rights do you not understand? health falls directly under that whole "the right to life..." part. cable... not so much.

    i think you'd be better served living in ancient india with a system of classes... that seems to better suit your mentality and outlook on life.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    519
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    It's the fallback option for any Talk Radio listener. Once their leader has been shown to be incompetent, they'll drag out their social values and say that anyone who disagrees is giving them "liberal ********."
    He claimed that "life" is an inalienable right. If he truly believed that, he would be against abortion, since it prevents a baby from living its life. Also, I am a senior at a public high school, not home schooled. I strongly disagree with the public school system, and think people should pay for school themselves, not depend on Uncle Sam. Free school lunches piss me off even more. You honestly can't afford to pay the $2.10 for lunch? If that's the case the kid should be taken from the home, because they can't be getting fed to well at home. And if the government is going to give away free lunch, they better give it to everyone.
    Who Is John Galt? Atlas is Shrugging.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    33,315
    vCash
    1500
    so young, and such a bleak outlook at life...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,816
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersin08 View Post
    He claimed that "life" is an inalienable right. If he truly believed that, he would be against abortion, since it prevents a baby from living its life. Also, I am a senior at a public high school, not home schooled. I strongly disagree with the public school system, and think people should pay for school themselves, not depend on Uncle Sam. Free school lunches piss me off even more. You honestly can't afford to pay the $2.10 for lunch? If that's the case the kid should be taken from the home, because they can't be getting fed to well at home. And if the government is going to give away free lunch, they better give it to everyone.
    Sounds like you're cribbing from Charles Dickens characters.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    519
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Sounds like you're cribbing from Charles Dickens characters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaKkuJVy2YA

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvICN...eature=related
    Who Is John Galt? Atlas is Shrugging.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,045
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Over 5 years that's 7 billion per year. Considering what it achieves, it's really not that high.
    it's 25 bucks a year for every person in this country.


    Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,816
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    it's 25 bucks a year for every person in this country.
    Where do I send my check? That's peanuts. I've spent more on coffee in a week ...

  14. #44
    Zep's Avatar
    Zep is offline Another Caucasian, Gary.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,784
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Where do I send my check? That's peanuts. I've spent more on coffee in a week ...
    The best way to send them is to make them out to cash:

    c/o Zep
    PSD Political Sub-Forum


    I will also accept payment in the form of Dunkin Donuts coffee, so....bonus.


    Thanks to vick27m for the userbar.

    A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    9,701
    vCash
    1500
    Mmmm ... coffee.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •