Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

After OJ's rookie contract ends, Do you think he will want to play in a bigr Market?

OJ Mayo is obviosly going to become the next Michael Jordan with the performaces he is having as a rookie. People wants to be haters and hate on his early successes and beleive he had no NBA game well they were wrong.
    I think due to Gasol's much improved game so quickly and other players such as Arthur, and Warrick, the Grizzlies have a greater opportunity into turning into a winning formula next season. Do you think that if the Grizzlies are a playoff bound team within the next 2 years, that he will stay with the smaller market team or go to a bigger market since hes gonna be a CHAMPIONNNN regardless.

O.J. Mayo will 100% leave Memphis after his rookie contract ends. The only way the Grizzlies can keep him is if they offer him $15 million+, which is not gonna happen lol.

I think the Jordan comparison is a bit far fetched. Mayo's 6'4" and is primarily a jump shooter, but, he's got great game and will become a star. It's the Grizzlies choice as to whether he walks or not. In 2011, he's a restricted free agent, so we have the ability to give him more money than another team. At that point, the organization would be better informed as to whether or not he is worth a max contract. He could take less money to play elsewhere, but that usually doesn't happen in the NBA.

Mayo = Memphis

Memphis will automatically resign him but he might leave when he becomes a unrestricted free agent after his new contract is done. Or if he ask for a trade which might be likely

No, we're going to have a new 3M company.....Mayo,Marc and Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Memphis will automatically resign him but he might leave when he becomes a unrestricted free agent after his new contract is done. Or if he ask for a trade which might be likely
    Ok if he resigns in 2011. He will resign for max money and years which is 6 more years. And that would be 2017. That would have him as grizz for 9 years. What would be the point of leaving then?

Mayo will be in Memphis for the next ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by patevish View Post
    OJ Mayo is obviously going to become the next Michael Jordan with the performaces he is having as a rookie. People wants to be haters and hate on his early successes and beleive he had no NBA game well they were wrong.
    I think due to Gasol's much improved game so quickly and other players such as Arthur, and Warrick, the Grizzlies have a greater opportunity into turning into a winning formula next season. Do you think that if the Grizzlies are a playoff bound team within the next 2 years, that he will stay with the smaller market team or go to a bigger market since hes gonna be a CHAMPIONNNN regardless.
    yeah, obviously.

Eric Gordon has been putting up similar numbers since he began starting and is a little more than a year younger and has more scorers (ballhogs) around him.
    Gordon will be better imo.

Clippers' savior?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Quett View Post
    Ok if he resigns in 2011. He will resign for max money and years which is 6 more years. And that would be 2017. That would have him as grizz for 9 years. What would be the point of leaving then?

Mayo will be in Memphis for the next ten years.
    Exactly. The point is, the Grizz will have Mayo when he is in his prime. We will get the best years out of him. Even if he does leave in 10 years or so, he will be around 30 years old.

Yes no chance he resigns.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerzfan44 View Post
    yeah, obviously.

Eric Gordon has been putting up similar numbers since he began starting and is a little more than a year younger and has more scorers (ballhogs) around him.
    Gordon will be better imo.
    Eric Gordon sure impressed the hell out of me last night. Great fun to watch. I guess the same question can be asked of him????

i think he would wanna play in a bigger market because he wants a championship, and no disrespect to grizzle fans, but i dont see them as contenders in the west, i hope he comes 2 the east

Quote Originally Posted by Mcnabb_vision View Post
    i think he would wanna play in a bigger market because he wants a championship, and no disrespect to grizzle fans, but i dont see them as contenders in the west, i hope he comes 2 the east
    Big markets don't necessarily win championships. 5 of the last 10 have gone to SA or DET (not large markets) and 4 of the other 5 winners had a guy named Shaq.

The Grizz aren't contenders now, nor will they be next year; they do however have one of the best young cores in the league, something no team in the East can really say.

he won't leave.
    he went to USC because he didnt want to be the "next good player at duke"
    it dosent matter to him if he plays for the best place.
    he showed the world that when he went to USC and not Duke or something.
    and he knows how good this team can and will be.