Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Should Huet be a buy out possiblity

Would Huet have any trade value right now or should the Hawks buy him out this summer like the Stars will do with Avery.

I never was a big fan of the huet signing because it seemed it would block the way for Crawford. We had Habby for another year and could have eased Crawford into the starters role. Now I think resigning Habby to a two year 8 mill deal would be good for both sides. He had a couple of bad years on a very young inexpirenced defensive team.

vCash
    I like Crawford but I really think hes starting to be overhyped.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    You want to buy Huet out? Are you crazy?! When you buy a player out you screw yourself over BIG TIME with the cap for years to come. Just look at what buying out meaningless players like Brown and Barnaby did to us. Brown has cost us a cap hit of approximately 500,000 for the last four years...and his contract was smaller than Huet's. Huet's may not be a great contract, but it isn't ridiculous and if he can be a number one goalie then you wouldn't buy it out...we didn't buy out Khabi did we?

vCash
    BOOM raises a great point. Buying out a contract does not simply releave the team salary. You still take cap hits so if for no other reason, that is a piss poor buisness move. And having watched Crawf a lot I wouldn't say he is overhyped at all, he just hasn't been given a chance to make an impact. It's not that he isn't earning a chance there just isn't any room for upward movement in the Hawks system for goaltenders.

vCash
    buyout wont happen. if anything, crawford will come up when a goalie is or if dealt or next year when bulin is gone to FA where I see crawford taking huets job.

vCash
    everyone makes a good point about the cap hit, but i see where sieve was going. I wouldn't mind trying to trade huet if we could persuade anyone to take him (wsh), then resigning bulin for a year or two.

over the past few years, bulin has given us reason to doubt his signing. But i think that if he had this D in front of him the whole time, we would have never had to sign huet. so i wouldnt mind attempting to trade huet... but buying him out is a no no

vCash
    keep him, worry about this "problem" after we win the Stanley Cup!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by proCHIsox View Post
    keep him, worry about this "problem" after we win the Stanley Cup!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    everyone makes a good point about the cap hit, but i see where sieve was going. I wouldn't mind trying to trade huet if we could persuade anyone to take him (wsh), then resigning bulin for a year or two.

over the past few years, bulin has given us reason to doubt his signing. But i think that if he had this D in front of him the whole time, we would have never had to sign huet. so i wouldnt mind attempting to trade huet... but buying him out is a no no
    perfectly put

vCash
    Correct me if Im wrong, but when you buy out a contract, isn't that contract off the books? It wouldn't really be a buyout if it counted against the cap.
    If you straight up release/waive the player, you are on the hook and a good chunk goes on the cap.
    That's how it works in basketball.

I can't believe no team would take him off our hands if we really tried though.

vCash
    DS, it is the other way around.

When you waive a player, if another team picks him up, they pay for his full salary and you are off the books. Unless it is re-entry waivers then you are on the hook for half.

When you buy out a player you still have a cap hit for what you had to pay them to get them off your roster. Go to nhlnumbers.com and click on the Blackhawks. Scroll down and you will still see that Brown is counting against our cap, even though he hasn't played for us for 4 years. Buying out is a last ditch effort move, you never want to do it. Huet could be traded, someone would take him, that is a more possible move than buying him out, that is for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    DS, it is the other way around.

When you waive a player, if another team picks him up, they pay for his full salary and you are off the books. Unless it is re-entry waivers then you are on the hook for half.

When you buy out a player you still have a cap hit for what you had to pay them to get them off your roster. Go to nhlnumbers.com and click on the Blackhawks. Scroll down and you will still see that Brown is counting against our cap, even though he hasn't played for us for 4 years. Buying out is a last ditch effort move, you never want to do it. Huet could be traded, someone would take him, that is a more possible move than buying him out, that is for sure.
    I would love to know what team would take huets contract. i think he is unmoveable

vCash
    When I said that Huet could be traded, I was focusing more on the summer not during the year. There are teams this summer that would trade for Huet, you better believe that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    When I said that Huet could be traded, I was focusing more on the summer not during the year. There are teams this summer that would trade for Huet, you better believe that.
    im sure there are teams that would have huet as an upgrade to what they have, but the team(s) may not want to take on that contract.

vCash
    We managed to trade Adrian Aucoin in the summer, he was playing brutal and had a terrible contract.
    Here, Huet is playing pretty solid and has an unfavorable contract. If the Blackhawks wanted to trade him this summer they would be able to find a taker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast