Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Caps fan with a Pronger trade idea...

Saw that the Ducks are shopping Pronger pretty hard while debating whether to stay in the playoff race? What is Anaheim looking for in return?

The Caps would love to have him as he fills our biggest need. Since we're up against the cap, salary swap would have to be close to even - what do you think of this offer;

Pronger ($6.25 mil) for

Nylander ($4.875 mil) - any deal we do, he will most likely have to be included purely because of his salary cap #. He's still a good center, just stuck behind Backstrom and Federov in Washington.
    + Morrison ($1.975 mil) - top 4 d-man (will keep anaheim competitive for the playoff run) who's contract is expiring at the end of the year.
    + Schultz ($760K) - young prospect in his second year in the pros. (read: still a great d-man prospect). Getting almost 20 min. a game. Org. loves him, i dont and we have many more d prospects in our farm system ready.
    + high draft pick - I doubt Ana would give up Pronger w/o getting something that helps the future. You got it now in a #1 or 2 pick + Schultz.

Thoughts? Counter?

vCash
    There arent really any Ducks fans on PSD but I assure you that this makes no sense for hte Ducks. They dont really get all that much younger so they wouldnt be rebuilding and they have no need for Nylander and Morrison+Schultz doesnt equal Pronger in any way shape or form so they dont get any better for a playoff push either.

It doesnt make any sense for the Ducks you are basically throwing your garbage at them hoping they find something they like.

vCash

i say no to that trade pronger is to good to let go LETS GO DUCKS

vCash
    I dont see the ducks making this deal for a couple of reasons. first with pronger the only D-man under contract for next year picking up another d-man that needs a new contract doesnt make alot of sense. a first round pick and a prospect that is NHL ready like shultz is a good foundation for a trade for Pronger assuming Shultz has a contract for next year. Nylander has been brought up in rumors for a while now if they did this deal a couple days before the draft and had some time to move nylander for aditional assets that makes some sense and if morrison is a qualty top four d-man he could also be traded for another young D-man with potential.

all in all i think that the ducks will try to move Neidermayer who is a free agent at the end of the year and he should bring in a nice package if he doesnt have a no trade clause. maybe put Neidermayer in Prongers place and this deal might work but it might be a bit much for a rental.

vCash
    there is no way that the Ducks trading Pronger makes any sense

vCash
    pronger doesnt want to leave and if he has a NTC he wont be going anywhere

vCash
    This deal is terrible like the plague for the Ducks.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    the deal I see is fleichman and a first

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigity b View Post
    Saw that the Ducks are shopping Pronger pretty hard while debating whether to stay in the playoff race? What is Anaheim looking for in return?

The Caps would love to have him as he fills our biggest need. Since we're up against the cap, salary swap would have to be close to even - what do you think of this offer;

Pronger ($6.25 mil) for

Nylander ($4.875 mil) - any deal we do, he will most likely have to be included purely because of his salary cap #. He's still a good center, just stuck behind Backstrom and Federov in Washington.
    + Morrison ($1.975 mil) - top 4 d-man (will keep anaheim competitive for the playoff run) who's contract is expiring at the end of the year.
    + Schultz ($760K) - young prospect in his second year in the pros. (read: still a great d-man prospect). Getting almost 20 min. a game. Org. loves him, i dont and we have many more d prospects in our farm system ready.
    + high draft pick - I doubt Ana would give up Pronger w/o getting something that helps the future. You got it now in a #1 or 2 pick + Schultz.

Thoughts? Counter?
    That sounds like one team trying to dump a salary and not willing to give anything up for a great player. If you want a pronger you have to be willing to deal a semin or backstrom or greene. I am pretty sure the caps won't be making any deals at the deadline. Especially not this one.

vCash
    All three of those plaers are better than pronger so whats your point

vCash
    i think they can get better go to philly especially if the dont get bouwmeester, they got upshall, briere, lupul all availabe one or 2 plus picks nylander is on the decline too old to much money, even go to the rangers look at dubinsky

vCash
    i really wish there were more ducks fans on psd because i cant find any rumors anywhere

i keep hearing things that they might really unload at the deadline and it could all go to the flyers

Pronger or the Niedermayers and JSG for phillys prospects and one of there goalies expriring contracts

we got a young kid name jvr who should fit in good with the younger ducks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantakins View Post
    That sounds like one team trying to dump a salary and not willing to give anything up for a great player. If you want a pronger you have to be willing to deal a semin or backstrom or greene. I am pretty sure the caps won't be making any deals at the deadline. Especially not this one.
    Crazy, thats what it sounds like to me too.