Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

This is the month...

This is the month (Feb) when we need to get things rolling. We have 10 home games, and have just finished our western Canadian road trip with a 2-1 record. The goal for 91 points (predicted by Pete Webber and Terry Crisp) would mean we would have to win 24 games and only lose 12 after the all-star break. Now nobody knows for sure if 91 points will be the cutoff for the 8th seed in the West but it sounds reasonable and that's a pretty good goal to try to reach. So far we're 2-1 since the All-Star break and we actually get to play some consecutive home games this month. If Pekka keeps playing the way he's been playing for most of the season, and after the all-star break, we should be good "goaltender" wise. Now we really, really, really, need to work on our offensive game plan. I know some nights the chances are there but we just don't capitalize, or we run into a hot goaltender. Sully still isn't at full stride yet and I really hope when he gets all his mechanics down to how they used to be that will help out our first line, and powerplay (because it's been awful all season for the most part) get an energy boost. Also keep in mind we play Detroit three times this month, so right now it just seems like it's do or die time for the Preds. If we don't capitalize on having the home ice advantage for February than I doubt we'll have a chance at getting into the playoffs.

I know I didn't word everything the best, it's 6:34 AM here and I'm pretty groggy.

Nashville Predators: 22-24-3 | Next Game vs Phoenix
    Tennessee Titans: 13-3 | Off-season Rebuilding

vCash
    I hope the Preds can pull off a comeback and get themselves into the thick of things...I am really becoming a fan of the Predators...I really love the way they play...and Rinne is a beast!

vCash
    Predators really putting themselves in a position to make the playoffs...there is something to be said about David Poile and the job he has done in Nashville...almost everyone says that they shouldnt even have a team yet somehow every year they seem to be right there on the verge of doing something...even after trading Kimmo and Hartnell to the Flyers...

vCash
    Get ready for the us on saturday. After they played like **** last night the flyers are gonna be ready to go.