Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Michelle Obama backlash

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0109/17938.html

LOTUS's inaugural outfits sent designers to their drafting tables to design knockoffs and droves went to J.Crew to get those snazzy leather green gloves. But not everyone is happy with her choices. The Black Artists Association is chiding FLOTUS for not choosing any African-American designers.

They will send a letter to FLOTUS's office and appeal to her to include items from black designers in her wardrobe. BAA Cofounder Amnau Eele, who was a former runway model told Women's Wear Daily:

"It's fine and good if you want to be all 'Kumbaya' and 'We Are the World' by representing all different countries. But if you are going to have Isabel Toledo do the inauguration dress, and Jason Wu do the evening gown, why not have Kevan Hall, B Michael, Stephen Burrows or any of the other black designers do something too?"

Wu didn't find out Michelle O. was wearing his dress until he saw her on television Tuesday night. And aides said FLOTUS didn't even decide until hours before her big night.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    First off I didn't like either of her dresses, the yellow one or this, but I have little to zero fashion taste, so my opinion matters so little. I've heard many liked her evening gown dress for the ball.

But I think this is over the top. Why is it a big deal that she used whitey to make her dress? This whole thing reeks of we see color first in all things.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    I didn't like her first dress, but that's because I don't think yellow looks good on anyone. I think her second dress was gorgeous, even though it wasn't the best shape for her body.

But I completely agree with you. It's so stupid for anyone to make an issue out of not choosing a black designer, shut up about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    First off I didn't like either of her dresses, the yellow one or this, but I have little to zero fashion taste, so my opinion matters so little. I've heard many liked her evening gown dress for the ball.

But I think this is over the top. Why is it a big deal that she used whitey to make her dress? This whole thing reeks of we see color first in all things.
    Some people can find faults in anything. Isabel Toledo and Jason Wu don't exactly sound very waspy to me. But honestly, who cares?
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    some causeheads need to learn to pick their battles
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Didn't see either dress

What people will come up with to complain about
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012