Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Pelosi says birth control will help economy

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi boldly defended a move to add birth control funding to the new economic "stimulus" package, claiming "contraception will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government."

Pelosi, the mother of 5 children and 6 grandchildren, who once said, "Nothing in my life will ever, ever compare to being a mom," seemed to imply babies are somehow a burden on the treasury.

The revelation came during an exchange Sunday morning on ABC's THIS WEEK.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Hundreds of millions of dollars to expand family planning services. How is that stimulus?

PELOSI: Well, the family planning services reduce cost. They reduce cost. The states are in terrible fiscal budget crises now and part of what we do for children's health, education and some of those elements are to help the states meet their financial needs. One of those - one of the initiatives you mentioned, the contraception, will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So no apologies for that?

PELOSI: No apologies. No. we have to deal with the consequences of the downturn in our economy.

Developing...
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    Hmm, I sort of see where she's going, but i'm not there. I mean I love me some birth control, but am not a fan of government paying for it like cheese.

Secondary focus. God I hate condoms.

vCash
    Unwanted children are a burden on society. So I can see where they are going with this.

Also, condoms do suck but they help you last longer. Almost as good as being drunk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    Unwanted children are a burden on society. So I can see where they are going with this.

Also, condoms do suck but they help you last longer. Almost as good as being drunk.
    ha, almost, except when I get real drunk, my body doesn't work.

vCash
    Not government's job, cant defend this.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I'm glad that family planning services exist, but I really dislike the fact that every time a new president is elected, the very first thing that we waste time on is abortion.

It's time we prioritize. It's clear that birth control and abortion are issues that don't really have a right or wrong answer depending on whom you're talking to. So let people make their own choices and be done with it. We spend way too much valuable time with this "issue" and not nearly enough time working out important domestic policy that keeps the country running.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    I'm glad that family planning services exist, but I really dislike the fact that every time a new president is elected, the very first thing that we waste time on is abortion.

It's time we prioritize. It's clear that birth control and abortion are issues that don't really have a right or wrong answer depending on whom you're talking to. So let people make their own choices and be done with it. We spend way too much valuable time with this "issue" and not nearly enough time working out important domestic policy that keeps the country running.
    I completely agree. I can't see why this can't just be simplified to an "if you don't like it, don't do it" issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsGirl View Post
    I completely agree. I can't see why this can't just be simplified to an "if you don't like it, don't do it" issue.
    I agree with that on abortion as stated in the above post, but also tobacco, booze, and hookers.

vCash
    Because then the baby-killers win!

lol nothing matters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkShizzle View Post
    Because then the baby-killers win!

How many adopted children are you raising?

vCash
    Good call

I quit listening to Pelosi long ago.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post

I've been having this convo with Smithblu, and just had it with my fiances very liberal friend yesterday. It's odd, i'm a strong conservative, and her friend and her fiance are strong liberals, except when it comes to abortion. They are anti abortion, due to being catholic. I'm more of who cares, if you don't want an abortion or don't think it's right, don't do one.

I'm starting to think republicans in general are only fighting this fight, because it's been so huge of a fight, and we've latched on for so long, we dont' want to give up and lose the fight. I'm ready to just drop the issue from our platform, and go about our day to bigger, better, and more needed fights. I mean I don't want the government paying for abortions, or birth control, but could care less they are available.

vCash
    As a funny aside, I was watching that show about the Duggars (the family with 18 kids) last night, and it was sponsored by Plan B, I **** you not.

vCash
    This isn't government's issue.

vCash
    Pelosi is a joke

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast