Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Blue Jacket Deadline Wish List

What kind of player/What specific players do you think the Jackets need most before the 2009 trade deadline?

Jackets fans, you can express your secret wish list, or Hockey fans, you can give us advice on how to actually get to the goddamn playoffs!

Go Jackets!
    Yeah it's a palindrome
    Go Cubs Go! O-H! Go CBJ! Go Phins!

vCash
    My top wish is for a puck moving defenseman. Specifically Bouwmeester if he can be had without giving up one of our young stars. Florida will move him cause they don't want him to leave for nothing, and he's a FA after the season.

A first line C would be nice too, but Bouwmeester makes me see playoffs.
    Yeah it's a palindrome

vCash
    Go check the mock trade deadline Jackets and tell me what you think of my club. I think I've put together a pretty young formidable blueline.

The only problem is, just like in real life, I can't find a first line C!!

P.S. - I'm kinda in rebuilding but I think I made the rights moves for the long run.

vCash

CBJ Wish List

It is painfully obvious that the CBJ need a first line center. The problem is those type of players don't come cheap. This has been an a weakness for the CBJ for years, and really cost us a good defenseman when we traded beauchman to Anaheim for a washed up Federov who did not fill that hole of being a first line center.

Nash would be unbelieveable with a quality center on his line, and Huselius would definately benefit as well. But fans should be realistic, the CBJ don't have the assets to aquire a Spezza, or Vinny L, if Howson sticks to his guns regarding not trading any of our best prospects.

I think a more realistic target should be Matthew Lombardi from Calgary, Antropov from Toronto, or as a last resort a rental like Weight or Tkachuk. While it may be frustrating to think Howson is dragging his feet when it comes to making a move, he has the right idea in trying to aquire someone relatively young who can also grow with this hockey club.

vCash
    do you guys want nylander?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashtary View Post
    do you guys want nylander?
    I really doubt it. Howson has repeatedly said he wants to aquire someone who can help in the long run as well as help in a playoff drive. Isn't Nylander on the books for more than 4 mil for this year and next? Also he is a little old for what the CBJ are trying to do.

An interesting name I read may be available is Nathan Horton from FLA. But the panthers have been playing well lately and may not be sellers at the deadline. Horton would be perfect next to Nash.

vCash
    Heres a few people I think they should go after

Nik Andropov-He could help out , big power forward who plays center

Prospal- Can score and pass really good maybe only a 2nd Round draft pick too

Keith Tkachck-Even though this team needs a center top another power forward

Pavel Kubina-He's right handed with a hard 103mph slapshot

Erik Christenson/Colby Armstrom-Both young kids on Atlanta who could help this teams depth

Marek Svatos-Hes a right handed winger who is still a great young player

Kuba-Ottawas top defence could help this teams PP.

Jason Blake-Who is having a bounce back year for Toronto

Ollie Jokienen- HERES YOUR TOP CENTER A GUY WHO CAN GET THE 50ASSITS AND 30GOALS PER YEAR HES BIG AND A LEADER..

Other mentionbals are : Reinprect,Rechi,Penner,Kaberlai,Boucher

vCash
    Antropov, blake , and pogge for nash and mason sound good??
    hahaha,..

vCash
    haha.. why would Columbus give up their 2 franchise players for those 3 players who are solid players but not great players.

I am new on this side... Michigan native who hates the Red Wings and loves the Blue Jackets. anyway.. i think that the Blue Jackets need two things. They need a playmaking defensemen like Bouwmeester and they need a center. I think that if it is for the right player, then Columbus should consider throwing all their chips in. If Spezza was available then i think they should consider going after him, even if that means giving up a 1st rounder or 2 to get him. I think he is signed for a few more years, so it wouldn't be a bad idea. I know he isn't really on the wish list... but why not consider going after a guy like Gaborik too? I know he has been injury prone.. but you may be able to buy low on him.. and i have read that he has already started skating on his own after the surgery and should only be out another few weeks.. would be perfect to get him back right in time for a playoff surge down the stretch.. then you would have Nash on the leftwing and Gaborik on the rightwing.. but it still leaves a hole at center but with those two on the wings you wouldn't need a great center

vCash
    I know I'm in the minority, but I'd be truly disappointed if the BJs gave up a first rounder for a rental player, even if they're of Bouwmeester's quality. The Jackets are decent now, but with the developing line of Filatov, Brassard, Voracek plus Nash in front of Mason, the future is much brighter than the present.

C-bus would go nuts for playoffs, but adding young significant pieces to the core for the long term would be much better than throwing the chips in for an 8 seed IMO.

That said I love the Jokinen idea if he can be had for something like a 3rd rounder and a mid-range prospect (i.e. Sestito).
    Yeah it's a palindrome

vCash
    Let me guess it goes like this

Connolly
    Prospal
    Morris
    Jovinoski
    Boyes
    Hartnell

vCash
    I am saying that i would do a 1st rounder if it is a player that can be part of the future as well. Spezza is under contract for a few more years.. so it wouldn't be all that bad because you would have him for a bit.. i agree though.. no 1st rounder for a rental player

vCash
    I think Boyes and Nash could be successful, but I think you could use a big name on the blueline, maybe the Jovocop, or maybe even a guy like Ohlund could get the job done, but I think your blueline needs some more stability or at least some better assurance and I think you need to somehow find a centerman for the big guy, maybe a Ollie Jokinen.