Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Eh I don't think Schumer will be that hard to re-elect, I mean hes the third in line democrat in the Senate. Hes been a senator in New York since 1999, I think they'll have the money for her.

Also as a point for conservatives to vote for her (well some), she voted against the bailout a big plus for some. She's somewhat fiscally conservative more than other democrats, so if she gets out enough in New York the next year she could gain popularity.

vCash
    Gillibrand's appointment today

Nice tie, Patterson!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    It's gonna be about money not statewide appeal. And outside of Kennedy, it's gonna be really hard for someone to fund back to back statewide elections. Especially when in 2010 Chuck Schumer is also up for re-election, so the Democratic Party will be donating to both campaigns... and probably giving more to Schumer.
    Why would they have to fund Schumer at all? And even then, why give him more than her?

Nobody in their right mind would run against Schumer. The GOP has no shot at that seat.

Gillibrand outraised her opponent in the second-most conservative district in NY two cycles in a row. Trust me when I say it's not going to be a problem for her.

King might put up a good fight, but he's going to fall short. Upstaters will definitely support her, and aside from King's district, everyone downstate will vote party-line.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaowowrocket11 View Post
    Gillibrand's appointment today

Nice tie, Patterson!
    You know he's blind, right?

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yboord028 View Post
    Eh I don't think Schumer will be that hard to re-elect, I mean hes the third in line democrat in the Senate. Hes been a senator in New York since 1999, I think they'll have the money for her.

Also as a point for conservatives to vote for her (well some), she voted against the bailout a big plus for some. She's somewhat fiscally conservative more than other democrats, so if she gets out enough in New York the next year she could gain popularity.
    Yeah she'll face a bigger battle in her primary than against the GOP. She's far more conservative than the average political NY Dem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    You know he's blind, right?
    has to be to wear that.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    has to be to wear that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12