Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    I did see an article on the inauguration breaking records of internet traffic and straining servers and whatnot. I can't remember where now. But if you combine TV and internet viewership, I'd imagine it would be a safe bet that more eyes were on Obama.
    I would hope that it broke internet records. No one was on the internet in 1992, and what a 1/10 of what we have now were on in 2000?

Not counting reelections because fewer people care about those. I doubt Obama's party will be as big in 2012 as 08 if he wins.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    I don't think he means internet records specifically for the inauguration, I think he's going for internet traffic in general.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Oh.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    There are a couple reasons that Election Day is when it is.

It's held in November so it doesn't conflict with the growing/harvesting season. It was 1845 (I believe) that they officially determined that -- and you have to think that the vast majority of the nation at that time was agricultural.

It's held on a Tuesday due to the fact that the vast majority of the nation was also rural. In order to get to your polling place, you would have to travel. If election day had been held on a Monday, people would have likely missed church on Sunday in order to make it in time.

They also wanted to make it as early in the week as they could -- not sure why.
    You know, I think I heard that thing about having to travel so they couldn't miss church. Thanks a lot!
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    No problem.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    I watched it on my cell phone TV.

vCash

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12