Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500

    Reagan Beats Obama

    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    You can have your power and your control over the country, we have the neilson ratings.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,957
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    You can have your power and your control over the country, we have the neilson ratings.
    in the US, not worldwide

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,773
    vCash
    1500
    I was quite suprised by seeing this. I'm only 27, but the level of interest and excitment generated by Obama was nothing I'd ever seen in my lifetime.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Three letters: DVR

    I would have watched live, but I had to teach so I DVRed it. I'm sure that a lot of other people were in a similar situation to me. Why is everything political always on a freaking Tuesday?
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    45,536
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Three letters: DVR

    I would have watched live, but I had to teach so I DVRed it. I'm sure that a lot of other people were in a similar situation to me. Why is everything political always on a freaking Tuesday?
    Exactly. DVR and the likes of that are revolutionizing live television. I did the same thing as you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,592
    vCash
    1500
    You got the internet now, and stuff like that.

    in the US, not worldwide
    Don't understand what your point would be.

    Also. Reagan's name is misspelled in the thread title.

    I didn't watch. I've seen like 30 seconds of replayed footage.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    HAHHA woops I posted it quickly before I left work.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Three letters: DVR

    I would have watched live, but I had to teach so I DVRed it. I'm sure that a lot of other people were in a similar situation to me. Why is everything political always on a freaking Tuesday?
    Yes but who cares we won!

    Typical MSNBC spin.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,268
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Yes but who cares we won!

    Typical MSNBC spin.
    You did win, however we are winning now!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Andyville
    Posts
    2,854
    vCash
    1500
    Doesn't count watching it online?

    My office had to block the news sites because too much bandwidth was being taken up with everyone watching it.
    lol nothing matters

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Yes but who cares we won!

    Typical MSNBC spin.
    Dammit! BMD just uncovered the Vast Leftwing Conspiracy.
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Wait, why is everything political on a Tuesday? I don't get it... it's not in the constitution. While the constitution says the inauguration must take place on January 20th (so that's not always on a Tuesday), why is everything else? Just precedent?
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    9,701
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Wait, why is everything political on a Tuesday? I don't get it... it's not in the constitution. While the constitution says the inauguration must take place on January 20th (so that's not always on a Tuesday), why is everything else? Just precedent?
    There are a couple reasons that Election Day is when it is.

    It's held in November so it doesn't conflict with the growing/harvesting season. It was 1845 (I believe) that they officially determined that -- and you have to think that the vast majority of the nation at that time was agricultural.

    It's held on a Tuesday due to the fact that the vast majority of the nation was also rural. In order to get to your polling place, you would have to travel. If election day had been held on a Monday, people would have likely missed church on Sunday in order to make it in time.

    They also wanted to make it as early in the week as they could -- not sure why.
    Last edited by SmthBluCitrus; 01-22-2009 at 11:37 PM.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,292
    vCash
    1500
    I did see an article on the inauguration breaking records of internet traffic and straining servers and whatnot. I can't remember where now. But if you combine TV and internet viewership, I'd imagine it would be a safe bet that more eyes were on Obama.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •