Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    It is amazing that alot of repubican posters can't wrap their brains around the fact Bush twisted the truth (lied) about those WMD. During the 70s', there were republicans who believed that Nixon was framed/or didn't do anything wrong. It's normal for republicans to ignore truths that don't fit their world view.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-20-2009 at 07:50 AM.

vCash
    i'll give an analogy,i'm assuming your a reb soo..lets say back during clinton.you would have been ok with china or iran invading the u.s. to "liberate us"
    Clinton was a dictator? That's news to me.
    It is amazing that alot of repubican posters can't wrap their brains around the fact Bush twisted the truth (lied) about those WMD
    Not quite. There was a lot of evidence pointing to Saddam having WMDs.
    It's normal for republicans to ignore truths that don't fit their world view.
    I think that's true of everyone, not just Republicans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    The improvements made in Iraq after the surge.

About misreporting...I thought the whole Scooter Libby thing was horribly misreported, and misunderstood.

I thought the financial crisis was misreported as well, and ended up getting lumped into "Damn that Bush!!!" type stuff.

Not all that much though.

No. It's the idea that they have the potential to get better.

We've been decimating their country for a while now. It didn't start with the invasion.
    I'll accept that. That was the only thing that I was really thinking about -- and even that was pushed back because of all the problems we were having domestically at the time. Housing and gas prices were the big news story at that point... And were then replaced by the primaries. But yes, as I typed out that post, I had a feeling the surge was going to be the first thing brought up.

How about anything on the domestic front? I really can't remember anything good Bush did that didn't garner any national attention. Maybe the marine park?
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Clinton was a dictator? That's news to me.

I think that's true of everyone, not just Republicans.
    How in the hell do one learn from ones mistakes if that last statment is true?

vCash
    I agree there were plenty of evidence of that, but it was all fake evidence.

vCash
    Here's a graph from WSJ, about starting and ending of approval ratings, for Truman going forward.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resourc...pp0605-31.html
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    Clinton's is the only one that ended up higher than when it started.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    I think that's been the norm for ever. Everyone has high optimism, and hope (no pun intended) on a new president. That an everyone likes new things.

vCash
    Likely.

vCash
    It really shows a hat off to Clinton though. To be able to raise that, it also shows how weak of a candidate Al Gore is as well. To have that kind of momentum and boom to lose.

vCash
    If Al Gore had utilized Bill Clinton instead of trying to distance himself, he would've walked away with the 2000 election. As it was, however, he felt the need to separate himself in order to speak to the "family and values" trait.

But, that's (politically) ancient history.

vCash
    while i dont think bush was a particular good president, i think the media..and the entertainment world in general.. had a lot to do with that poor rating. i dont think anyone can deny that. Bush was pretty much a human punching bag. Anything done wrong or anything done stupidly by anyone could somehow be traced back to bush. It is going to be interesting watching the news now. I think the media will miss bush.

vCash
    Eh -- I think a lot of Bush's poor policy decisions lead to the approval rating (or lack thereof).

I think it (the media excuse) would be more believable had Bush had a consistently low approval rating. But, at a point, he had a higher approval rating than his father, Reagan, Nixon ... well, the highest approval rating since early in Truman's first term (when the war ended).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tomno00 View Post
    Anything done wrong or anything done stupidly by anyone could somehow be traced back to bush.
    In fairness, a lot of the wrongdoing in his administration happened as a result of him prioritizing loyalty over competence in choosing his staff, and in creating a workplace philosophy/culture in the White House of "everything we do is always absolutely right, and every criticism of it is always absolutely wrong". So it's not as if tracing wrongdoing and stupidity back to Bush is inappropriate. He populated his own administration, he owns it and is responsible for it.

And should be held accountable.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    I think Bush blew, but no matter the president, I do not feel anyone else could have looked "good" if put in his term.

He had to deal with 9-11 and much more, not to mention this falling economy during the end. I doubt anyone would have handled it so much better that people would have viewed them as a great president. Just my stand.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast