Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Al Qaeda Vs. Obama Round 1

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28835452

He is really making the Al Qaeda nervous because they are scared that the President will begin to gain support from the Muslim world.

Zawahiri called him a House Negroe and now this in response to the bombings in the Waziristan tribal region in Pakistan.

Without good ol George W. to help promote their Anti-U.S. propaganda, this could be the curtain call for Al Qaeda.
    Last edited by Gangreenseason; 01-27-2009 at 10:01 AM.

vCash
    Maybe Republicans will love him now...
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I had heard that Al Qaeda is already pretty much a shell of what it was.

That being said, anything that hurts terrorist recruitment, is a good thing.

There is an inference I could make from that article though, that wouldn't be too kind....so I won't make it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Maybe Republicans will love him now...
    Maybe Republicans will stop using the qualifier, "Bush was good because we didn't have another terrorist attack after 9/11" now.
    Cubs Bears Bulls Blackhawks FOREVER

I told Jerry Angelo how to land Jay Cutler, and he obliged.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreenseason View Post
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28835452

He is really making the Al Qaeda nervous because they are scared that the President will begin to gain support from the Muslim world.

Zawahiri called him a House Negroe and now this in response to the bombings in Waziristan tribal region in Pakistan.

Without good ol George W. to help promote their Anti-U.S. propaganda, this could be the curtain call for Al Qaeda.
    He didn't call him a House Negro. Whoever translated that Arabic did a horrible job. Calling him an aved = slave.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    He didn't call him a House Negro. Whoever translated that Arabic did a horrible job. Calling him an aved = slave.
    Interesting,

there were only two kinds of slaves in america the house negroe and the field negroe.

Maybe that is where they got the translation from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreenseason View Post
    Interesting,

there were only two kinds of slaves in america the house negroe and the field negroe.

Maybe that is where they got the translation from.
    I think it was to add drama. They probably figured that a "loose translation" would get better ratings.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CuseDude87 View Post
    Maybe Republicans will stop using the qualifier, "Bush was good because we didn't have another terrorist attack after 9/11" now.
    That's being pretty pathological since 9/11 was their terrorist attack.

vCash
    There was also the anthrax attacks ...
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Well nothing we can do about those years now. I am content with trying to do my part to make the next 8 years the best they can be. Because that is what it comes down to, everyone of us doing what we should do. If everyone did what they should do then it wouldnt matter who the president was (in fact we wouldnt even need one).
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietWyatt View Post
    That's being pretty pathological since 9/11 was their terrorist attack.
    No kidding. Do the other past Presidents say, "Hey, I'm an awesome President then because no one ever attacked the U.S. during my term!"

No, no they do not.

vCash
    No kidding. Do the other past Presidents say, "Hey, I'm an awesome President then because no one ever attacked the U.S. during my term!"

No, no they do not.
    Come on now. You have to at least admit that the post 9/11 world is greatly different than the pre 9/11 world and therefore the threat of getting attacked has become very real. Other Presidents didn't have to deal with that. I'm not even arguing that Bush did a good job or a bad job, just that the playing field has certainly changed compared to past Presidents. If you think that in 4 or 8 years that Obama won't mention not getting attacked (hopefully he'd be able to say that) as one of his accomplishments, I think your wrong. Hopefully he will have a lot more accomplishments as well to point to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    Come on now. You have to at least admit that the post 9/11 world is greatly different than the pre 9/11 world and therefore the threat of getting attacked has become very real. Other Presidents didn't have to deal with that. I'm not even arguing that Bush did a good job or a bad job, just that the playing field has certainly changed compared to past Presidents. If you think that in 4 or 8 years that Obama won't mention not getting attacked (hopefully he'd be able to say that) as one of his accomplishments, I think your wrong. Hopefully he will have a lot more accomplishments as well to point to.
    your joking right...please?

there had been terrorist groups,and people wanting to attack the u.s. before 9/11..9/10,the threats were real then to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    Do you know the last time a foreign entity attacked the U.S. on its own soil? Pearl Harbor. How many presidents have there been since then? Do/did any of them use the fact that no one had attacked since as an accomplishment? No.

Being the United States of America and the self-proclaimed leader of the free world, we have a target on our backs that many groups would love to attack. The fact that there was an attack during Bush's presidency was more an indication of how lax our security had become, rather than anything related to Bush. Sure, he stepped up our security, but that's what any president would do. Instead of leaving it at that, he used the attack as a reason to launch into a full scale war. We all know how that has ended up.

So to use the mantra that no other terrorist attacks have occurred on his watch as a staple of his legacy is more than a little illogical and absurd.

vCash
    Do you know the last time a foreign entity attacked the U.S. on its own soil? Pearl Harbor. How many presidents have there been since then? Do/did any of them use the fact that no one had attacked since as an accomplishment? No.

Being the United States of America and the self-proclaimed leader of the free world, we have a target on our backs that many groups would love to attack. The fact that there was an attack during Bush's presidency was more an indication of how lax our security had become, rather than anything related to Bush. Sure, he stepped up our security, but that's what any president would do. Instead of leaving it at that, he used the attack as a reason to launch into a full scale war. We all know how that has ended up.

So to use the mantra that no other terrorist attacks have occurred on his watch as a staple of his legacy is more than a little illogical and absurd.
    We will agree to disagree, but I will just say that I think there is a huge difference in being attacked by a country when they (as well as most of the rest of the world is already at war) and the terrorists attacks of 9/11.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast