Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Bush's Final Approval Rating: 22 Percent

(CBS) President Bush will leave office as one of the most unpopular departing presidents in history, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll showing Mr. Bush's final approval rating at 22 percent.

Seventy-three percent say they disapprove of the way Mr. Bush has handled his job as president over the last eight years.

Mr. Bush's final approval rating is the lowest final rating for an outgoing president since Gallup began asking about presidential approval more than 70 years ago.

The rating is far below the final ratings of recent two-term presidents Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan, who both ended their terms with a 68 percent approval rating, according to CBS News polling.
    Source: CBS News

I dont consider myself a "Bush-hater", i have disagreed with quite a few of his decisions but this is ridiculous.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    What's ridiculous? That 73% of people disapprove of the way he handled the country for eight years, or that there are still people out there that think he did an average/above average job?
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    What's ridiculous? That 73% of people disapprove of the way he handled the country for eight years, or that there are still people out there that think he did an average/above average job?
    Not that kind of ridiculous, the wow that is huge ridiculous. Kind of like looking at something like the world's largest ball of yarn and being surprised.

vCash

Oh ... THAT kind of ridiculous.

vCash

Oh ... THAT kind of ridiculous.
    Yea, another example i can think of is those giant 40/60/80 ounce steaks that you can get and if you eat the whole thing its free. That kind of ridiculous.

vCash
    Chet Ripley and the 'Ole 96er' -- "There's nothin' on that plate but gristle and fat!"

That would be a Great Outdoors reference ...

vCash
    Chet Ripley and the 'Ole 96er' -- "There's nothin' on that plate but gristle and fat!"

That would be a Great Outdoors reference ...
    Haha, Akroyd and Candy are great, i think i have seen that but i really dont remember.

vCash
    Love that movie. The bald butt bear.

Anyhoo -- with the Bush legacy re-write that's been happening this week, I'm surprised to see it down at 22. I believe I just saw it at 31 (ish) earlier this week.

vCash
    Love that movie. The bald butt bear.

Anyhoo -- with the Bush legacy re-write that's been happening this week, I'm surprised to see it down at 22. I believe I just saw it at 31 (ish) earlier this week.
    Didn't you hear? He kind of half-hinted at a half-assed apology for stuff he didn't really admit to, so his criminal activities are just water under the bridge now.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Eh. Put me in that 22% then. I like GW.

with the Bush legacy re-write that's been happening this week
    There has been some of that coming from the administration. But a lot of media outlets are getting in parting shots.

vCash
    He had a chance to be great and blew it. I'm glad he's gone.

vCash
    I think he'd be a great guy to have a beer with and talk baseball.

I'm not surprised at the low approval rating though, I suppose it's to be expected when you simultaneously leave the country engaged in politico-military debacles and major economic crises, degrade the constitution, massively bumble natural disaster relief efforts, and stunt environmental protection. I suppose doing all that gets you a 22% approval rating.

I heard a funny quote about this somewhere, I forget where:

"You know W must have been preeeetty bad when everyday Americans were willing to elect a black guy with an Islamic name as President because he's offering change."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Source: CBS News

I dont consider myself a "Bush-hater", i have disagreed with quite a few of his decisions but this is ridiculous.
    Obama's approval is sitting at 78%. 78+22 = 100.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Obama's approval is sitting at 78%. 78+22 = 100.
    I think anyone that gets elected has a pretty high approval rating before they are sworn in. If they didn't have a high approval rating they wouldn't get elected. Especially when everyone believes in his campaign on "hope"

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Its amazing what the media can do.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast