Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    Why would it? What sort of plans has Obama been able to institute.

Frankly, it's been one of the smoothest and most successful transition periods that we've seen. ESPECIALLY considering the economic crisis.

What else do you people want?!
    My stocks to go up damnit.

Major props to rdwilliamson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsrule View Post
    Are you being sarcastic?
    I'm laughing -- I think it's hilarious. Overall, it hasn't been a super day. It's colder than hell and I think I'm getting the flu. This helped.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    I'm laughing -- I think it's hilarious. Overall, it hasn't been a super day. It's colder than hell and I think I'm getting the flu. This helped.
    What's hilarious?

vCash
    That all of a sudden the economy was supposed to do a complete 180 on November 5; simply because Obama got elected.

It's comical.

vCash
    Colder than hell, that would be an oxymoron. Humor is running in the SBC family tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    Colder than hell, that would be an oxymoron. Humor is running in the SBC family tonight
    As oxymoronic as a 12 oz pound cake.

vCash
    That all of a sudden the economy was supposed to do a complete 180 on November 5; simply because Obama got elected.

It's comical.
    Never said 180, but I did expect stocks to do a little better and people to spend more money after he was elected. What's so wrong with that?

vCash
    No, a lot of people including my liberal friends expected the stock market and confidence in the economy to get a lot better after it was announced he won and it just hasn't happened.
    Don't put words in my mouth, all I said was my LIBERAL friends expected the stock market and confidence in the economy to get better after he was announced the winner.
    Never said 180, but I did expect stocks to do a little better and people to spend more money after he was elected. What's so wrong with that?
    You've really dulled down your standpoint over a number of posts. First it was about the economy rebounding and now it's the stock market and consumer confidence.

First is was your liberal friends -- now we've transferred the expectation to you.

Obama isn't even President yet -- you've still got until Tuesday. There's not a whole lot he can do except make appointments to key positions. You can look at the polls and see that people are behind his economic stimulus. I actually created a thread based on that and a number of people shot that down as people just behind the new POTUS. So, if you want to look at that, confidence is up.

But, what else do you want? The man is mortal. Just being elected doesn't actually do anything.
    Last edited by SmthBluCitrus; 01-15-2009 at 08:14 PM.

vCash
    You've really dulled down your standpoint over a number of posts. First it was about the economy rebounding and now it's the stock market and consumer confidence.

First is was your liberal friends -- now we've transferred the expectation to you.

Obama isn't even President yet -- you've still got until Tuesday. There's not a whole lot he can do except make appointments to key positions. You can look at the polls and see that people are behind his economic stimulus. I actually created a thread based on that and a number of people shot that down as people just behind the new POTUS. So, if you want to look at that, then confidence is up.

But, what else do you want? The man is mortal. Just being elected doesn't actually do anything.
    You said 180, either way, the point is my friends, registered democrats, thought that stocks and confidence in the economy would rebound. They gave me an explanation and I thought it was sound enough to believe. God, try to be bi-partisan and the liberals just jump all over you.

vCash

Bi-partisan?! How on Earth is saying that Obama hasn't made any dent in the economy since he's been elected bi-partisan?!

vCash

Bi-partisan?! How on Earth is saying that Obama hasn't made any dent in the economy since he's been elected bi-partisan?!
    So we've gone from 180 to a dent okay .

vCash
    You're funny. Having a discussion with you is what I would imagine it must feel like for a dog to chase it's own tail.

I'll give you this ... you're very good at the art of deflection.

vCash
    You're funny. Having a discussion with you is what I would imagine it must feel like for a dog to chase it's own tail.

I'll give you this ... you're very good at the art of deflection.
    So are you, but you seem nice so I'll leave this on a pleasant note.

vCash
    You do realize the war in Iraq forced Al Queada to move a majority of their operations to Iraq. And the search never stopped for Bin Laden.
    I guess Rumsfield plan to draw Al Quaeda into Iraq worked. I will take this time to express my gratitide to the Iraq people for allowing us to use them, abuse them to get the Al Quaeda cell group from Jordan and Syria. Hint: Osama's core group, the ones connected to 9/11, are in Pakistan. The search should start two countries to the east.

Putting all the blame on Bush is cynical. Blanco was criticized was also criticized as were local and state officials. Don't be nieve.
    Blanco and the local officials don't run FEMA, the president does. Read up on the chain of command in this country. Blanco and her state officals made bobos, but FEMA lefted a big, fly infested, steaming pile after Katrina. Where do the buck stop at, the top.

Believe it or not the charge to ignore the signs was led by Barney Frank, and I believe the issues came up in 2006 when Democrats assumed control of Congress.
    It's amazing that both Bush and my pizza delivery boy were surprised by the housing bubble collaspe on the same day.

And Michelle Obama said for the first time she was proud of her country, it goes both ways and no one on either side is immune to stupid things that people within their own party say. And to put Gramms quote into context, he was talking about people complaining about America declining due to a loss of competetiveness. He didn't just say that we are a bunch of whiners.
    Michelle said what alot of blacks felt. Frankly mine jaw droped when he started winning pre-dominatly white states. I wouldn't go so far as being proud (I'm reserving that one for when we stop drugs from coming into this country), but I was shocked. Anyway, Obama won irregardless of her statments or any other statements you can come up with, while McCain lost because of republican shot themselves in the butts more times and damages. You really don't see the hostility torwards the republicans from their own voter base. Denial is the first thing the republicans must overcome to be strong again.

And yet it hasn't gotten any better since Obama has been elected.
    You got raked over the coals enough for this one by better posters then myself. So I will leave this one alone.

I could go through a whole lot of missteps made by Biden and Obama, but you just won't believe them so keep drinking the kool-aid.
    Oh, I would belive you. I'm not to crazy about both parties and their leaders. The other posters here will verify that. I'm sure they are tried of mine lesser of two poison remarks. Hell, get me drunk enough I will tell you both parties should be shipped to India for a pair of second hand shoes and a bag of chip. I don't drink no more. You are insulting alot of americans with that kool-aid crack. Are you saying that americans, who voted for Obama, are stupid because they didn't vote like you? That's a mighty big ego you got there partner.

Actually I was talking more recently, in the last six months Spitzer, Richardson, Clinton, Blagojevich, Dixon, Burris and Geithner have all come under scrutiny or indictment. All you talked about were events that happened years ago or during the election. Might want to read a little more.
    There you go again, placing time limits on me. You were questioning my statment not the other way around.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-16-2009 at 06:54 AM.

vCash
    Interesting ...

KRAUTHAMMER (P)REVISIONISM

Let me get this straight: Barack Obama hasn't taken office yet, but based merely on his appointments and statements Charles Krauthammer sees vindication of George Bush's policies?

The failure by Obama to order a 180 on every policy is not necessarily a vindication of any policy, and certainly not the Bush Administration as a whole. Indeed, the process of undoing a mess is almost always incremental by its nature. Nor does the keeping on of somebody like Defense Secretary Bill Gates [Robert - mine], as Krauthammer would have us believe, necessarily validate Bush's Iraq policy.

All this reminds me of the scene in the movie version of Primary Colors in which fictional Gov. Jack Stanton (that is, Bill Clinton) in a fit of pique throws his cell phone out of the window of a moving car. When Stanton's wife, played by the gorgeous Emma Thompson, insists the phone landed near where she's looking, and she turns out to be right, Stanton's prideful character says something like, "Well, you wouldn't have found it if I didn't throw it out the window in the first place."

This is the sort of logic Krauthammer is deploying: Because Obama opts for what may be the only obvious means of solving some of the problems his predecessor bequeathed to him, including by means Bush himself may or may not have used himself had he more time left in office, does not however imply vindication of the decisions Bush made that led to the problems in the first place.

--Tom Schaller
    TAP Ezra

Seems to play into an earlier conversation ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast