Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Tennessee Vols dead last in SEC academically could lose 2014 bowl eligibility

From 2008-2012 the Tennessee Vols have an Academic Progress Rate of 924. The current goal rate for schools to remain eligible is 900 but in 2014 that figure jumps to 930. If the Vols don't considerably improve this season they will lose their bowl eligibility for 2014.

Interestingly enough the SEC team with the highest APR for that same time frame..... Alabama.

http://www.tennessean.com/viewart/20...-bowl-bid-risk

vCash
    Tennessee....bowl. Nope, not computing.

Seriously though that program is in the toilet. A Hall of Fame bid is up for grabs to whoever drags it out.

vCash
    I work in a school system that is loaded with UT grads. These people are college educated but delusional.... They were all telling me that they are gonna win 9-10 games because they got a new coach.

I told them that you guys play Oregon, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and Florida. That is most likely gonna be 7-5 even if they win the rest of their games. The rest of those games include Auburn and Vandy which will both be tight games.

The response I got .... "What makes you think we can't win those games?"

Because you lost your starting QB, your top 3 wide receivers, your starting tight end, your best offensive linemen, you best defensive back, your top 2 linebackers and a starter on the defensive line.

vCash
    UT fans are pretty hilarious. Up there with Notre Dame and Mets fans. You can't tell if it's delusional optimism, stupidity, or both.