Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Jameis Winston next to go down for autographs?

After Todd Gurley, I expected at least another player to get caught, and Winston would have been a safe bet. Unlike Gurley, Winston could see his draft stock take a hit, as the sexual assault allegations from 2012 are being investigated again.

Florida State's compliance department is reportedly investigating why a large amount of memorabilia signed by quarterback Jameis Winston was authenticated by a single company.

ESPN.com is reporting that Florida State is looking into whether Winson was paid for the autographs authenticated by James Spence Authentication, a company that has certified more than 500 Todd Gurley autographs and lists more than 340 certified Winston autographs on its database.

According to the ESPN.com report, Winston told FSU coach Jimbo Fisher after Saturday's game that he did not take money for autographs.

In the wake of Gurley's indefinite suspension and NCAA investigation, Fisher indicated to reporters Saturday that Winston has not, to his knowledge, accepted money for autographs.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ton-autographs

vCash
    theyre trying too hard to hurt this kid

vCash
    Yeah but they have to look into it when an allegation like that comes up.

One side of me says I think they should be allowed to make money off their likeness, but the other says rules are rules, and until they are changed, you should have to follow them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsnake View Post
    Yeah but they have to look into it when an allegation like that comes up.

One side of me says I think they should be allowed to make money off their likeness, but the other says rules are rules, and until they are changed, you should have to follow them.
    Exactly my point with Gurley and it doesn't change here. Both know that's a rule, and they violated it. You can agree or disagree with it all you want. I think it should be changed, but the fact is, it's like that right now and you either abide by it or face suspension.

vCash
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    IDK how any team could be comfortable taking him in the top 5-10 honestly. He is always surrounded by controversy.

vCash
    The kid seriously needs to wake up and realize he has an opportunity a lot of people dont have. Cant put yourself in those situations. I root for all black qbs but idk about his life decision making skills. I HOPE he grows up to not only be successful on the field but also become a respectable man.

vCash
    It's stupid to even tie yourself to the scenario considering the issues CFB has had in the past with it. Same with Gurley. Considering the source though it seems like he can't stop. Maybe its an enabling issue or maybe its a mental issue? Not that its anywhere near important I still fully expect him to be a high pick. The combine and team workouts will be really telling in that aspect.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 10-14-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Catches: 14 Yards: 125 TDs: 1

vCash
    Winston is definitely one of those guys who thinks he's invincible. It makes me wonder how he would transition to the NFL game where he might be behind a crap OL and not have dominant playmakers around him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    It's stupid to even tie yourself to the scenario considering the issues CFB has had in the past with it. Same with Gurley. Considering the source though it seems like he can't stop. Maybe its an enabling issue or maybe its a mental issue? Not that its anywhere near important I still fully expect him to be a high pick. The combine and team workouts will be really telling in that aspect.
    With Gurley, it's a one-off issue I think and it's not going to affect his draft status. With everything going on with Winston, it's yet another issue FSU has to deal with, and pro teams are going to wonder what they are getting into. I think it's an enabling issue at this point, but I could be wrong on it.

vCash
    If I were a NFL GM it wouldn't matter if Jameis Winson completed 80% of his passes and Florida State runs the table again.... I wouldn't touch the guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    If I were a NFL GM it wouldn't matter if Jameis Winson completed 80% of his passes and Florida State runs the table again.... I wouldn't touch the guy.
    I certainly wouldn't take him in the first two rounds. I might take a flyer on him later but I'm sure someone takes the chance on him in the first. He could fall like Manziel did, however.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    good thing youre not a GM,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk6 View Post
    theyre trying too hard to hurt this kid
    He's giving "them" plenty of help.
    "i responded in accordance to his idiotic jackassery sayings about me.. "

In the immortal words of Youkahhhhhh - Aug/29/2010

vCash

Jameis Winston next to go down for autographs?

Jameis is not even that great of a qb to begin with. I definitely wouldn't count on him being a staring qb at the next level.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast