According to ESPN we are currently looking at:
    #1 Georgia
    #2 Alabama
    #3 Notre Dame
    #4 Clemson

Just looking in:
    #5 Oklahoma
    #6 Ohio State

A lot will change between now and the final rankings. As of this moment the SEC title game looms large in deciding the fates of maybe all 6 teams, for sure Alabama-Georgia.

Story: http://www.espn.com/college-football...top-four-teams

Obviously as a Georgia fan, I'm super stoked. I expected good things, but not this great this year. Kirby Smart has given this team the edge is lacked under Marc Richt. The Notre Dame game is a big reason for us to be ranked #1, but the dismantling of Florida, who has owned us in recent seasons, didn't hurt either.

That said, the SEC Championship game, if it comes down to an undefeated UGA and Alabama, will be the deciding factor for the #1 seed. However, if the game is close and some other things happen in the meantime, I could see a scenario where both SEC teams are in the playoff.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Obviously as a Georgia fan, I'm super stoked. I expected good things, but not this great this year. Kirby Smart has given this team the edge is lacked under Marc Richt. The Notre Dame game is a big reason for us to be ranked #1, but the dismantling of Florida, who has owned us in recent seasons, didn't hurt either.

That said, the SEC Championship game, if it comes down to an undefeated UGA and Alabama, will be the deciding factor for the #1 seed. However, if the game is close and some other things happen in the meantime, I could see a scenario where both SEC teams are in the playoff.
    Yeah if that's the case they should both make it. There's some bizarre and impossible scenario with Wisconsin and Miami still being undefeated but I doubt we'll have to worry about that

thought you were a navy fan....just joshin
    ....coooookie

Quote Originally Posted by krazylegz View Post
    thought you were a navy fan....just joshin
    It's really complicated. Three generations of my family played football at UGA, and one of those coached for them for many years. Navy is my hometown team. I also had a cousin play for Wake Forest a few years back, and I was actually in the visiting team section at Navy Stadium rooting against the Mids that day.

Barring a complete collapse by Iowa, we are going to have a shake up. OK state might also create some havoc.

I wish they'd only go with one team per conference unless absolutely neccesary, but I have a feeling both Georgia and Alabama will get in regardless.
    "Here on the field, from up close, just watching coach Vance Joseph, from here, you watch him now on the screen"- Sergio Dipp

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post

Yeah if that's the case they should both make it. There's some bizarre and impossible scenario with Wisconsin and Miami still being undefeated but I doubt we'll have to worry about that
    I can see both UGA and Bama getting in and I think the Badgers could go undefeated after that win over the Hoosiers even with the injuries to Orr and Cephus.

The CFP will be interesting to see

Pac-12 might not get a team at all after Stanford beat Washington last night.