Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersin08 View Post
    You missed the point. I don't care if Letterman didn't really write it. It has a good point. So many people hate Bush because NBC tells them too. Just like so many people voted for Obama because NBC told them too. Listen to the Howard Stern interviews in Harlem. There's so many people in this country who think he really is "Barack the magic negro".
    Barack the magic negro? Really? That is sad that you posted that.

It going to be fun to listen to people like you for the next 8 years. Your arguments are so silly noone even has to refute them, but it is funny to hear the whining.

As for the inauguration, I am excited but also a little nervous about having 2 million people there. Maybe I am cynical, but I keep picturing in my head a scene of over a million people and wondering what would happen if someone fired a gun. It wouldn't even have to be fired at anybody, but the panic of 2 million people would cause such a riot.

I hope it goes smooth and Obama can start to do work.
    Last edited by Hawkize31; 01-19-2009 at 12:26 PM.

vCash
    DEEP THOUGHT

Obama is unelectable.

--Josh Marshall
    tpm
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think that "Inside D.C.'s port-a-potty problem" probably doesn't need to be a front page story on msnbc.com?

vCash

Port-a-potty problems are top news! Didn't you get the memo?
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    I am so looking forward to the inauguration. I am so looking forward to a new hand at the tiller of state. I am so looking forward to a chance for renewal.

I was reading this thread, and suddenly felt very sorry for those of you who are still articulating your right wing views at a time of celebration. I feel sorry for you because you are missing the majesty of the moment in your hyper partisan filled bile soaked wretched rhetoric.

I take you back to the comments of the fortieth president of the United States when he asked the question of us all, “Are you better off now then you were four years ago?”

Well for me personally, the answer would be no! To you Dodger Fan 24, I live in the same area you do. My home is not worth more than it was four years ago. My investment portfolio is worth fully a third less than it was worth at its peak. Travel is such a hassle. Gas is still costing more than it did. Even if I go to the cheap gas station on Bouquet Canyon it is still costing me more. Business conditions are poor. Our place in world community is weaker. We are less safe than we once were.

No wonder I was and am looking forward to the inauguration to give us a new direction to guide us in a different path.

What silliness I read when I read about the closing of Gitmo. What is going to happen to the prisoners? That is the WRONG QUESTION BUNKY. The right question is how we ever got ourselves into such a mess with these people that we have this problem. How could we have ever made such foolish decisions when we had the benefit of time to think the end game out?

Torture is a bad way to get intelligence. I would never argue that we have not gotten good intelligence from torture, the problem is the validity of the information you get. This is what I am writing about.

There are two possibilities in an interrogation. One is that the person does have the information; the other is that the person does not have it. If the person does not have it, and is tortured, he will say anything to make the torture stop. If this is the case you get lots of information that is invalid. Now let’s say the person has what you want to know. You torture them, they tell you all that they know, and you get valid information. A subset of the case where they have information is they tell you all that they know, you still torture them, so they start making things up to stop the torture. All in all, sorting out what is actionable and not makes this system a poor system for gather information.

What is the end result with these prisoners? We can’t prosecute the worst of the worst because we tortured him. Good job neocons. No wonder I am looking forward to the inauguration.

I so remember a good friend of mine in Bakersfield talking to me after the inauguration of President Bush. He said how good it would be to have two oil men heading up our government to bring oil prices down. How is that working for you, our nattering nabobs of negativism here in the politics forum? Just think what our energy position would be like if we had just continued on the policies started in the Carter administration instead of the policies of the last 8 years. No wonder I am looking forward to the inauguration.

How about Chris Cox, the head of the SEC, a crony who believes in as little regulation as possible? On his watch securities markets were allowed to inflate, then crash. Did you know that Smith Barney is one of the biggest oil companies in the United States? Of course they do it on futures, costing the rest of us a fortune. Finally the bottom fell out of their market (yes market forces will work given time) but not before our entire economy was pushed into shock because of these manipulations. No wonder I am looking forward to the inauguration.

Our banking system is in ruin because of the repeal of Glass Steagle. Loans were made based on the greater fool theory. Buy this house now because there is a greater fool out there who will pay more than you are. No wonder I am looking forward to the inauguration.

Have you ever been New Orleans? Way to go Brownie! It used to be my favorite city to visit in the entire United States. It was arguably the heart and soul of our country. On a needs basis, more money went to the rebuilding of Mississippi than to New Orleans. Funny thing, Haley Barbour is the governor of Mississippi. No wonder I am looking forward to the inauguration.

In Bush’s final press conference, he was asked about regrets and mistakes. He said he regretted that there were no weapons of mass destruction found in Iraq. Not a regret that we went their without provocation, not a regret that we went there before we had finished in Afghanistan. Not regret that Bin Laden and the rest of his group are still taunting us because we never committed enough resources to get the people who actually attacked us. No wonder I am looking forward to the inauguration.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    I am so looking forward to the inauguration. I am so looking forward to a new hand at the tiller of state. I am so looking forward to a chance for renewal.

I was reading this thread, and suddenly felt very sorry for those of you who are still articulating your right wing views at a time of celebration. I feel sorry for you because you are missing the majesty of the moment in your hyper partisan filled bile soaked wretched rhetoric.

I take you back to the comments of the fortieth president of the United States when he asked the question of us all, “Are you better off now then you were four years ago?”

Well for me personally, the answer would be no! To you Dodger Fan 24, I live in the same area you do. My home is not worth more than it was four years ago. My investment portfolio is worth fully a third less than it was worth at its peak. Travel is such a hassle. Gas is still costing more than it did. Even if I go to the cheap gas station on Bouquet Canyon it is still costing me more. Business conditions are poor. Our place in world community is weaker. We are less safe than we once were.

No wonder I was and am looking forward to the inauguration to give us a new direction to guide us in a different path.

What silliness I read when I read about the closing of Gitmo. What is going to happen to the prisoners? That is the WRONG QUESTION BUNKY. The right question is how we ever got ourselves into such a mess with these people that we have this problem. How could we have ever made such foolish decisions when we had the benefit of time to think the end game out?

Torture is a bad way to get intelligence. I would never argue that we have not gotten good intelligence from torture, the problem is the validity of the information you get. This is what I am writing about.

There are two possibilities in an interrogation. One is that the person does have the information; the other is that the person does not have it. If the person does not have it, and is tortured, he will say anything to make the torture stop. If this is the case you get lots of information that is invalid. Now let’s say the person has what you want to know. You torture them, they tell you all that they know, and you get valid information. A subset of the case where they have information is they tell you all that they know, you still torture them, so they start making things up to stop the torture. All in all, sorting out what is actionable and not makes this system a poor system for gather information.

What is the end result with these prisoners? We can’t prosecute the worst of the worst because we tortured him. Good job neocons. No wonder I am looking forward to the inauguration.

I so remember a good friend of mine in Bakersfield talking to me after the inauguration of President Bush. He said how good it would be to have two oil men heading up our government to bring oil prices down. How is that working for you, our nattering nabobs of negativism here in the politics forum? Just think what our energy position would be like if we had just continued on the policies started in the Carter administration instead of the policies of the last 8 years. No wonder I am looking forward to the inauguration.

How about Chris Cox, the head of the SEC, a crony who believes in as little regulation as possible? On his watch securities markets were allowed to inflate, then crash. Did you know that Smith Barney is one of the biggest oil companies in the United States? Of course they do it on futures, costing the rest of us a fortune. Finally the bottom fell out of their market (yes market forces will work given time) but not before our entire economy was pushed into shock because of these manipulations. No wonder I am looking forward to the inauguration.

Our banking system is in ruin because of the repeal of Glass Steagle. Loans were made based on the greater fool theory. Buy this house now because there is a greater fool out there who will pay more than you are. No wonder I am looking forward to the inauguration.

Have you ever been New Orleans? Way to go Brownie! It used to be my favorite city to visit in the entire United States. It was arguably the heart and soul of our country. On a needs basis, more money went to the rebuilding of Mississippi than to New Orleans. Funny thing, Haley Barbour is the governor of Mississippi. No wonder I am looking forward to the inauguration.

In Bush’s final press conference, he was asked about regrets and mistakes. He said he regretted that there were no weapons of mass destruction found in Iraq. Not a regret that we went their without provocation, not a regret that we went there before we had finished in Afghanistan. Not regret that Bin Laden and the rest of his group are still taunting us because we never committed enough resources to get the people who actually attacked us. No wonder I am looking forward to the inauguration.

while i understand what you are saying. I want to clarify one thing. Gas prices aren't higher anymore.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...hs-gas-legacy/

The rest I can see where you are going, and understand. But I think it's human nature for the losing side to be sour, and not be looking forward to it. Much like when Bushes limo was pelted with eggs when he took the oath in 2000.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    while i understand what you are saying. I want to clarify one thing. Gas prices aren't higher anymore.

The rest I can see where you are going, and understand. But I think it's human nature for the losing side to be sour, and not be looking forward to it. Much like when Bushes limo was pelted with eggs when he took the oath in 2000.
    I guess it is a question of sourcing pricing. According to my source on the day that Bush became president gas was $1.47/gal, less than it is now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    I guess it is a question of sourcing pricing. According to my source on the day that Bush became president gas was $1.47/gal, less than it is now.
    buddy that was from 07 the last part on the graph is from 3/07 you are missing 08.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post

Adjusted for inflation, yeah it's lower now. But that still didn't help me last year when my wife was driving 190 miles (to the West) a day for four days of the week and I was driving another 120 miles (to the East) a day for four days of the week -- at gas prices averaging around $3.25 for the bulk of it.

That's how you can earn a nice income and still feel like you're working class. It's a good thing she's coursework complete now and doesn't have to drive in more than once every two weeks.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Ari, yea I know, it really hurt the economy, and hurt alot of Americans. I was just correcting that now it is lower.

vCash
    They just said on CNN that they might exceed the expected crowd of 2.1 million.

Wow.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    DB, your new sig is HEADY as hell bro!

"Wake of the flood, laughing water, forty-nine,
    Get out the pans, don't just stand there dreamin'
    Get out of the way, get out of the way,

Here comes sunshine, here comes sunshine."
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    I'm not big into politics and I'm not an Obama supporter, but this is a very exciting day. It's exciting to see history being made.

vCash
    I wish I didn't have to teach today. I hope my DVR doesn't screw up like it did for 24 last night.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    I wish you didn't have to teach today, too.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast