Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersin08 View Post
    I defy you to find? What the ****? Anyways:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5p3OB6roAg -They seem to think he is.

Nearly everyone in my class said they were going to vote for Obama. One of my friends said he was going to vote for him because he's black, so that makes him cool. Alot of people voted for the man on empty promises of "change", and had no clue what his political stances were. And don't say NBC wasn't a swaying factor. Especially with all of their Sarah Palin parody ********.
    ok, the media got obama elected, uh-huh

get over it. that was a modern day blowout 53-46 is not close. 365 EV's. NBC is not that powerful, neither is Foxnews (obviously). and if the sarah palin parodying was so detrimental, shouldn't she not have gone on snl?

It sounds like your pretty young and surrounded by a lot of people who are immature and uninformed. there is this aspect in every voting demographic. neither party has the market cornered in ignorance. ONe party has the market cornered on the centrist voter, that's the difference, as always.

look at things objectively instead of so emotionally due to you not liking the outcome and these logical realizations become more clear.
    Last edited by PHX-SOXFAN; 01-05-2009 at 05:29 PM.

vCash
    I defy you to find? What the ****? Anyways:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5p3OB6roAg -They seem to think he is.

Nearly everyone in my class said they were going to vote for Obama. One of my friends said he was going to vote for him because he's black, so that makes him cool. Alot of people voted for the man on empty promises of "change", and had no clue what his political stances were. And don't say NBC wasn't a swaying factor. Especially with all of their Sarah Palin parody ********.
    Listen to 6 and 1/2 minutes of Howard Stern show? In my life in total I have not wasted 6 an 1/2 minutes on him. I gave you 1 and 1/2 minutes and not once did I hear the term magic Negro mentioned. Now, I admit there are 5 minutes that I did not hear, but I did not hear it. What I did hear was a push interview that confused people. Of course we won't bring up the blond woman who said she did not trust Obama because he was an Arab at the McCain town hall. Nor will we bring up all the fools who pushed the idea that Obama was a Black Muslim, or just a plain Moslem, or that he should be lynched, or oh enough. I won't sink to that level. However if you really want to see all the stupidity from your side, just go to just about any page on an Ann Coulter screed, or if you want documentation of the falsehoods of what is represented try mediamatters.

Give me a break. You want me to agree that there are stupid people. Ok. You still did not show me anyone who met my challenge.

vCash
    OK ...

Back. On. Topic.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    So on January 20th, I have made a point to be home, turn on the hi def and just soak in the moment. A fantastic day for America

vCash
    Me too. I wonder if PBS will be broadcasting the event or if I'll have to rely on network coverage.

vCash
    I am sure c-span will if you don't want the commentary

vCash
    Fair enough.

Yea, I think I might keep my daughter out of school that day too. Yea, she's five and she won't remember. But, maybe she can look back fondly on the day she got to stay home with mom and watch TV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    Listen to 6 and 1/2 minutes of Howard Stern show? In my life in total I have not wasted 6 an 1/2 minutes on him. I gave you 1 and 1/2 minutes and not once did I hear the term magic Negro mentioned. Now, I admit there are 5 minutes that I did not hear, but I did not hear it. What I did hear was a push interview that confused people. Of course we won't bring up the blond woman who said she did not trust Obama because he was an Arab at the McCain town hall. Nor will we bring up all the fools who pushed the idea that Obama was a Black Muslim, or just a plain Moslem, or that he should be lynched, or oh enough. I won't sink to that level. However if you really want to see all the stupidity from your side, just go to just about any page on an Ann Coulter screed, or if you want documentation of the falsehoods of what is represented try mediamatters.

Give me a break. You want me to agree that there are stupid people. Ok. You still did not show me anyone who met my challenge.

What about the lady in Florida who said she wouldn't have to worry about her mortgage or putting gas in her car anymore?
    Who Is John Galt? Atlas is Shrugging.

vCash
    [/B]

What about the lady in Florida who said she wouldn't have to worry about her mortgage or putting gas in her car anymore?
    I say this with the spirit of SBC in my heart....... What do these things have to do with the topic? You sucked me in once, but I am not going back. If you want to start a thread then do so, but the title of this thread is The Inauguration of Barack Obama.

vCash
    Shorter brewersin08:

But I wanted Bush to have a 3rd term!

Sorry man, I'm only joking, but seriously, the election is over, Obama won, he's getting sworn in, and he's going to be your president. Sooner rather than later would probably be a good time to reconcile yourself with that reality.

Meanwhile, as has already been pointed out numerous times, this thread is for discussion about the actual inauguration. Obama-bashing conspiracy theory posts have no place in here (unless of course they're nice, on-topic Obama-bashing conspiracy posts about the inauguration...)
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Shorter brewersin08:

But I wanted Bush to have a 3rd term!

Sorry man, I'm only joking, but seriously, the election is over, Obama won, he's getting sworn in, and he's going to be your president. Sooner rather than later would probably be a good time to reconcile yourself with that reality.

Meanwhile, as has already been pointed out numerous times, this thread is for discussion about the actual inauguration. Obama-bashing conspiracy theory posts have no place in here (unless of course they're nice, on-topic Obama-bashing conspiracy posts about the inauguration...)
    Great link!!!

About the body of your post.........Amen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    Fair enough.

Yea, I think I might keep my daughter out of school that day too. Yea, she's five and she won't remember. But, maybe she can look back fondly on the day she got to stay home with mom and watch TV.
    Election night, when they finally called it, I stayed up (harder then normal since I kept drinking, thinking the more I drank the easier it would be, stupid booze failed me). Anyway me and the fiance were laying in bed (living in sin since 06 woohoo). I woke her up saying get up and listen to the new Presidents acceptance speech. She wouldn't stay awake, finally saying we lost, now lets sleep. I got pissed, and said while we lost, this is historic. The first african american president (Even if it's only partially), you need to hear this. I couldn't convince her but did tape it and she watched it when she woke up while getting ready for work. It's quite historic. I barely watched Clinton's or either Bushes. Def no I didn't watch any of Reagen since you know I was only a year old. But i'll find a link to it online and keep it on through out the day.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Election night, when they finally called it, I stayed up (harder then normal since I kept drinking, thinking the more I drank the easier it would be, stupid booze failed me). Anyway me and the fiance were laying in bed (living in sin since 06 woohoo). I woke her up saying get up and listen to the new Presidents acceptance speech. She wouldn't stay awake, finally saying we lost, now lets sleep. I got pissed, and said while we lost, this is historic. The first african american president (Even if it's only partially), you need to hear this. I couldn't convince her but did tape it and she watched it when she woke up while getting ready for work. It's quite historic. I barely watched Clinton's or either Bushes. Def no I didn't watch any of Reagen since you know I was only a year old. But i'll find a link to it online and keep it on through out the day.
    Agreed. Yea, I didn't watch Reagan's either ... I was only a year old as well.

I've seen Clinton's and Bush's (43). I didn't have much of a head for politics when I was eight years old either.

But, I absolutely agree with you--it was an historic event that we had the privilege of witnessing, regardless of who you voted for.

vCash
    This may be the only opportunity I'll ever get to agree with Dick Cheney ...

Dick Cheney finds Obama's inauguration historic, remarkable, also exciting

In what could pass for a remarkable and historic interview during his last 10 days as likely the most powerful vice president in national history, conservative Republican Dick Cheney says he sees the inauguration of liberal Democrat Barack Obama as positive and remarkable and historic.

Even exciting.

No, really.

The conservative Cheney, much villified on the left as an effective partisan and hawk, and called the worst vice president in American history by the next vice president in American history, Joe Biden, was interviewed on tape Friday by CNN's Wolfie.

Portions of the taped interview were obtained from CNN. In the session set for broadcast on Sunday morning's "Late Edition," Cheney was asked his thoughts as he looks at the impending inauguration of Obama on Jan. 20.

Cheney first states the obvious: As a Republican, he voted for John McCain. But then the conservative Wyoming native and longtime Washington denizen says:

"I have the same feeling that I think many Americans have, that it's really remarkable that -- what we're going to do here in a few days is swear in the first African American president of the United States. When I came to town in 1968, we'd had the Martin Luther King assassination, Bobby Kennedy assassination, riots in the cities, major, major disturbances, a lot of it racially motivated around the country.

"And in fact, things have changed so dramatically that we're now about to swear in Barack Obama as president of the United States. That's really a remarkable story and I think a record of tremendous success and progress for the United States."

Apparently, momentarily taken aback by the vice president's positive tone on his party losing the White House, Blitzer mumbles, "Pretty historic. Pretty exciting."

And Cheney agrees! "It is," he says.

--Andrew Malcolm
    LA Times

vCash
    The inauguration is scheduled for 2:00 a.m. here in Japan, but I'm guessing it will actually take place later (supposedly they always run behind schedule), and there's no way in hell I'm going to miss it, so I took the following day off work so I could stay up all night without worry about being a zombie the next day. It's not often that we have the opportunity to jot down in our schedule book something of this historical magnitude and just plan to watch it. Regardless of what anybody thinks of Obama (in support, opposition or indifference), and regardless of whether his presidency is ultimately judged a success, failure or something in between, this day will be a prominent milestone in the history books of future generations. I'm really looking forward to watching it.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast