Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Brooklyn Rant

vCash

Brooklyn Rant

I am completly sick and tired of being sold on a product that we all know, as fans will never win a title. I cannot stand the excuses. I cannot stand executives who honestly believe they can follow a preset formula and create a team to emulate Jordan's bulls, Shaq's Lakers, Kobe's Lakers, and Lebron's Heat. Unless you have a player that is top ten all time, you will not win like those teams. Unless you have a Lebron, or even a Kevin Durant, with the right pieces around him, your team is not going to win.

Teams that do not have a top three player win with team ball. One superstar is not enough to win, see Carmelo, and that superstar then looks like a second option on a good team, see Carmelo Again. The Brooklyn Nets have the talent, which in my opinion isnot used correctly, and the fact they are still trying to emulate HERO Style ball, with a superstar will not work.

One thing they do have set so far is structure, role players. IMHO they need a new coach, a real identity. They need to play much like the Pistons that won it all, the Pacers pre Brawl, and how college teams gravitate together to win the title. There are only so many Lebron's and Kobe's in this league.

If this Nets team stays the same, we will not win the title in one, two, or five years.

Fans and the Media will become irate upon reading this, but DWILL is the problem. He feels like the AROD of the NBA, all the talent, but has fallen off with the bright lights. Joe Johnson is the perfect 3rd piece to a championship team, not a number two, and therefor cannot hide DWILL lack of eliteness.

Move DWILL in the offseason.

Trade DWill to Dallas, Move him for OJMayo and two first round picks.

Transform this team into a pro level of the Kentucky Wildcats, and then bring in their coach.

I propose that management blow up this team, and transition into a NEW NBA STYLE OF PLAY.

Bring in the youth. After moving DWill, package Hump, Brooks, 3 first round picks and send them to the Kings for DMC and a Sign and Trade with Tyreke Evans

With Multiple Combo Guards, a Dominant Big Man, this team can approach Elite Status with enough Fire Power to Beat the Heat.

PG: Tyreke/ OJ
    SG: JoeJohnson/ OJ
    SF: G.Wallace/ Teletovic
    PF: DMC/ Blache
    C: Brook Lopez/ Blache

That Team is young enough to be together for five plus years, athletic enough to run with any team, big enough to play against any front court, and most of all Talented Enough to Win.

Obviously there are other moves this team can make:

DWill to Dallas for OJ, Sign Brandon Jennings, Trade for Big Man, Trade for High Draft Pick

But either way the purpose of this RANT is to make this team competitative, THROW LOGIC OUT THE WINDOW, and have a product that can win.
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

vCash
    Tyreke will not Be Back with Kings, so this trade Value of Brooks and 3 firsts for DMC is an over payment, but my Theory has always been GET YOUR MAN

Basketball is only Played with 5 MEN, no point in having B and C level talent when your guranteed an A
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

vCash
    What can this team do to actually win?

Playoffs not being enough?

There is only one winner each season, how can they climb the mountain?
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

vCash
    One thing about D-Will that is being overlooked: He has pretty much been playing three straight seasons, with half a summer rest. During the lockout season he was already playing for Besiktas during September (albeit one game a week), and last summer he was with the Olympic team. It's an easy bet to say that he will be better after a summer's rest.

That being said, I believe this team is one elite coach + a good trade involving Hump's contract away from becoming a perennial Eastern conference contender.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    One thing about D-Will that is being overlooked: He has pretty much been playing three straight seasons, with half a summer rest. During the lockout season he was already playing for Besiktas during September (albeit one game a week), and last summer he was with the Olympic team. It's an easy bet to say that he will be better after a summer's rest.

That being said, I believe this team is one elite coach + a good trade involving Hump's contract away from becoming a perennial Eastern conference contender.
    That is the media giving him an excuse
    The boy is the basketball equilivant of AROD minus the roids
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

vCash
    It isn't. Playing so much will take its toll on a body. D-Will was the only superstar and first NBA player to go overseas. He played 1 or 2 games on a weekly basis. Then he played with the NJ nets, got injured and got shut down for the last 10 games or so. This would be ideal for recuperation but he also went to the Olympics. And now he's back here. I only hope there is no long term damage done to him considering we will play at least one round of playoffs.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Forget trading Dwill, it's not happening.
    Mayo, really.

We need to see if Deron is healthy next year before making any rash thoughts.
    He's only 28, if he can ever get back to his old self, this summer we will add pieces to the team, at PF, and SF.
    Right now obviously we are not winning any championship, lets see what happens next season.

Maybe we can win a round or two this season, that's the best we can hope for.

If we do become serious contenders, it won't be from trading Dwill,it will be him getting healthy.

vCash
    I agree that we do need a new coach and a new identity. This team is not using their talent correctly, pretty much the offense is go out and play one on one basketball, which is a joke. I don't think trading DWill will happen or is the answer. He needs to get healthy and we need to get a power forward. The Nets need to realize that they can't be playing Wallace and Evans together. They also need to run more pick and roles and drive to the rim more. I hate the rotation they use and I hate the offense they run. Its really painful to watch.
    Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Deron just needs to right coaching there may not be a better pg when it comes to pick and roll offense. He just really hasn't been used right in BKN. He needs someone who is going to get in his face like Sloan did.

Deron is a fantastic player there is a reason why Boozer has never been the same since leaving him. Deron in pick and roll makes a good pick and role player look fantastic. I think the only thing BKN needs in a pick and roll player. Lopez is good at pick and pop, Hump is a good role player but none of them can finish at the rim in pick and roll. Which makes Deron have to do things he's not accustomed to. It's why I still think BKN needs to get Howard. Howard lacks in the post moves at this point in his career. But he's a deadly pick and roll player who isn't being used because Kobe doesn't run any offensive scheme that isn't a triangle.
    Last edited by Rndy; 02-24-2013 at 06:53 PM.

vCash
    No one is trading for Deron he is washed up his game is declining because of age and injuries and he doesnt seem to have to bball IQ to adjust for his loss of speed. His ball handling looks awful I dont know what happened with that he used to have great handle he is extremely sloppy with the basketball

vCash
    Ok I believe the first statement is a complete jump to conclusions. Most teams don't bring really good players together and automatically develop good chemistry. Deron has been playing most of the year hurt. I love how people like to criticize him when they have no clue what it's like to play an 82 game season injured. Just stop b*tching about him and cut him a break. He is going to bounce back after some rest. Deron can't play pick and roll with the players we have now. That's why I wish we had made a hard push for Milsap. He would have been the perfect piece to really showcase Deron's talents. Mirza can potentially be the shooter we need, but we need a pick and roll guy for Deron.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindystud36 View Post
    I am completly sick and tired of being sold on a product that we all know, as fans will never win a title. I cannot stand the excuses. I cannot stand executives who honestly believe they can follow a preset formula and create a team to emulate Jordan's bulls, Shaq's Lakers, Kobe's Lakers, and Lebron's Heat. Unless you have a player that is top ten all time, you will not win like those teams. Unless you have a Lebron, or even a Kevin Durant, with the right pieces around him, your team is not going to win.

Teams that do not have a top three player win with team ball. One superstar is not enough to win, see Carmelo, and that superstar then looks like a second option on a good team, see Carmelo Again. The Brooklyn Nets have the talent, which in my opinion isnot used correctly, and the fact they are still trying to emulate HERO Style ball, with a superstar will not work.

One thing they do have set so far is structure, role players. IMHO they need a new coach, a real identity. They need to play much like the Pistons that won it all, the Pacers pre Brawl, and how college teams gravitate together to win the title. There are only so many Lebron's and Kobe's in this league.

If this Nets team stays the same, we will not win the title in one, two, or five years.

Fans and the Media will become irate upon reading this, but DWILL is the problem. He feels like the AROD of the NBA, all the talent, but has fallen off with the bright lights. Joe Johnson is the perfect 3rd piece to a championship team, not a number two, and therefor cannot hide DWILL lack of eliteness.

Move DWILL in the offseason.

Trade DWill to Dallas, Move him for OJMayo and two first round picks.

Transform this team into a pro level of the Kentucky Wildcats, and then bring in their coach.

I propose that management blow up this team, and transition into a NEW NBA STYLE OF PLAY.

Bring in the youth. After moving DWill, package Hump, Brooks, 3 first round picks and send them to the Kings for DMC and a Sign and Trade with Tyreke Evans

With Multiple Combo Guards, a Dominant Big Man, this team can approach Elite Status with enough Fire Power to Beat the Heat.

PG: Tyreke/ OJ
    SG: JoeJohnson/ OJ
    SF: G.Wallace/ Teletovic
    PF: DMC/ Blache
    C: Brook Lopez/ Blache

That Team is young enough to be together for five plus years, athletic enough to run with any team, big enough to play against any front court, and most of all Talented Enough to Win.

Obviously there are other moves this team can make:

DWill to Dallas for OJ, Sign Brandon Jennings, Trade for Big Man, Trade for High Draft Pick

But either way the purpose of this RANT is to make this team competitative, THROW LOGIC OUT THE WINDOW, and have a product that can win.
    I will try to respect your opinion but may find it hard too so please no offense nothing against you.

I understand your frustration, I have been a Nets fan for over 30 years and trust me it hasn't been pretty. However, I am thankful everyday for the situation we are in because we could be in some lame small market (like Milwaukee, Portland and Utah) who will dream and dream and dream of a championship for a long time but will never get it despite what is told to them. Instead we are in what is possibly the largest if not the 2nd largest market in the NBA in NY. and finally after many years of suffering we have an owner who cares..................

When Ratner bought this team, I was going to hit my head on a wall. But I Stopped read about Ratner and future plans and realized he is just getting us to Brooklyn, once he does he will sell the team and move on. (That is what happened) So My head was never hit

FACT we have an owner who cares about winning at ANY COST. I think the team he fielded in his 1st year in Brooklyn speaks volumes. The fact that we have fired a coach and haven't moved the interim tag off PJC speaks volumes too.... HE CARES.

How many NBA teams have owners who care about winning about reputation?
    Answer many half a dozen...

We have a lot of issues on the court this year but with MONEY all can be solved. The CBA and the cap won't matter much when there are 101 loopholes like we have seen with the Lakers this year...

My advice to you is to be thankful we have a team in a big market that has an owner who just wants to win, embrace that.
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    Deron showed a spark last night. He honestly hasn't had to be counted on late in games due to Joe Johnson just hitting everything in the last 30 seconds of games. He showed last night that he can still play. The man is probably a little tired. Cut him some slack and lets give them some time.