Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    Ok, so I'm what some would call a nerd. I read between 4-6 books a month, and rarely do you find me without my nose in one during down time. I'm really into dystopia's and post apocolytpic reads, and prefer series over single books. I get so engrossed in a story that it is hard to feel satisfied after one book. That being said, here are my last few reads...

Enclave by Ann Aguirre: 7.8 out of 10. It's a short read, as I finished it in a day, but it was entertaining. Again, a dystopian society book, I'm addicted. It's a YA read, so it's simple and not overly hard to figure out, but there are some good plot twists, and it's a page turner. (2nd book coming soon!)

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest by Steig Larsson: 8.3 out of 10. My second favorite book of the series after Girl w/ Dragon Tattoo, the last 150 pages of this book are impossible to not read like there is nothing left in life. A sad thing that the series ended before it was due to(supposedly 10 books), but hopefully the families involved get out of court and let Larsson's long time friend finish the 4th book.

Under the Dome by Stephen King: 7 out of 10. Not my favorite thing he has ever written, but man he is the king(haha) of character building. A pretty big read, so don't pick it up if you don't want to spend a couple weeks on something.
    I thought reading a lot was now "intellectual" not nerdy....maybe its cause I'm over 30? I was never a big reader but over the last 8 years or so I'm constantly reading something.

I just started The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I was stalling on it for a while, but now my wife read it and is pushing me to get through it so she can talk about it....usually how it works, which is why I have a dozen books I'll never get to.

Glad to see someone else into Larsson as I've been meaning to check these out for a while.

vCash
    I read the Trilogy and loved it, though I am one of the few who liked the 2nd book more than the 1st one.

3. 03-28-2012, 11:42 AM
    Reason
    in·ap·pro·pri·ate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I read the Trilogy and loved it, though I am one of the few who liked the 2nd book more than the 1st one.
    Larsson or Hunger Games?

vCash
    Larsson's.

vCash
    Larsson's.
    Cool. Definitely have to put some time into this one. He's pretty in depth. Reminds me of this guy Robert Wilson who writes some pretty great crime novel stuff. Small Death in Lisbon might be one of the best books I've ever read.

vCash
    For me the best book I ever read or it may be the book that was most memorable to me is "The War Of The End Of The World" by Mario Vargas Llosa.

Many compare it to "100 Years Of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez who is my favorite author. My favorite book by him is ''Chronicle Of a Death Foretold''.

vCash
    The Dark Tower Series - 8.2/10 Loved this series all the way up to the end. Just left me feeling so empty and this is why it only get that rating.

A Clash of Kings - 8.9/10 I am loving the series so far, will read the 3rd book soon.

The Hunger Games - 7.0/10 A solid read, did not love it as others did.

The Giver - 7.2/10 Is a book I always wanted to read, simple quick read.
    Something I have always wanted to read but it somehow gets shoved down my list over and over. That is right up my alley genre wise, so tell me...is it worth the read? Are you going to read the next 2?

vCash
    For me the best book I ever read or it may be the book that was most memorable to me is "The War Of The End Of The World" by Mario Vargas Llosa.

Many compare it to "100 Years Of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez who is my favorite author. My favorite book by him is ''Chronicle Of a Death Foretold''.
    I might be the only one who wasn't a fan of 100 Years of Solitude, but I only got 80 pages in and it was a while ago. I'll have to try it again when I'm in a better state for it.

vCash
    Something I have always wanted to read but it somehow gets shoved down my list over and over. That is right up my alley genre wise, so tell me...is it worth the read? Are you going to read the next 2?
    I read that book when I was in elementary school and I thought it was pretty awesome then. I read the second book Gathering Blue, I didn't even know there was a 3rd book.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I might be the only one who wasn't a fan of 100 Years of Solitude, but I only got 80 pages in and it was a while ago. I'll have to try it again when I'm in a better state for it.
    Actually there are quite a few people I met that did not care much for 100 years of solitude, but the other book I mention that is somewhat similar is better imo. I highly recommended.

vCash
    I think is quite worth it, very quick read, though am not sure if I will read the other 2 anytime soon because I have like 15-20books that I been meaning to read for a while.

vCash
    I think is quite worth it, very quick read, though am not sure if I will read the other 2 anytime soon because I have like 15-20books that I been meaning to read for a while.
    I'm the same damn way, I have 47 books on my GoodReads list under to-read, lol.

Anyone else on GoodReads? Pretty sweep ap, if you are, PM me and I'll friend you.

vCash
    Actually there are quite a few people I met that did not care much for 100 years of solitude, but the other book I mention that is somewhat similar is better imo. I highly recommended.
    I keep hearing how 100YoS is one of the best of all time. I'll check out your other suggestion though.

My to-do reading list is so long.....I should get to it by late 2013.

vCash
    i'm currently reading to kill a mockingbird in my english class. starts off boring, but the court chapters are really interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by netsgiantsyanks View Post
    i'm currently reading to kill a mockingbird in my english class. starts off boring, but the court chapters are really interesting.
    I just re-read that a few months ago. I appreciated it much more now reading it on my own than I did back in High School. Same goes for The Great Gatsby actually.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast