Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    If you lije world war z I strongly recommend adrians undead diary.
    Thanks man. I'll look into that one. Appreciate it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsrock229 View Post
    Looking For Alaska 10/10
    Paper Towns 7/10
    I'm about to finally dig into Paper Towns.....loved Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars, but guessing this will be a little different.

vCash
    A Feats For Crows - 7.5/10

This book suffers because it was the next one right after A Storm of Swords and that book was epic, so it was almost impossible to come even close to that one. Also suffers because is half a book as Martin pointed out and A Dance with Dragons is supposed to be the other half of it.

Aside from that I love reading about the 7 kingdoms once again,Love Brienne's chapters, hated Cercei even more(what a ****ing *****), Jaime got a lot more interesting, I also did love reading about the Iron Islands and Dorne(I know some hated that), but I thought the new characters introduced were very interesting.

vCash
    Decided to finally check out Sedaris.

Me Talk Pretty One Day: 8/10. I enjoyed the first section more than the second.

Naked: 8.5/10

Was just starting Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, but my library request for Nate Silver's book finally came in today, and that's taking priority.

vCash
    Halfway through Boneshaker by Cherie Priest. It's a pretty good read so far. Starts a little slow as you get through the main character stage setting chapters. But if you like steampunk or zombies i recommend it.

vCash
    The Gunslinger: incomplete...not sure if I'll bother finishing it.

I'm not finished with this book yet, but holy crap is it boring in certain stretches. I like some of the main parts of the book (like what happens in Tull, for example), but they're few and far between and Stephen King spends way too much time breaking down every single detail (some of which have no impact on the story) that it's easy to lose focus. I really wanted to get into this Dark Tower series, but if it starts off like this, I'm not sure it's worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    Decided to finally check out Sedaris.

Me Talk Pretty One Day: 8/10. I enjoyed the first section more than the second.

Naked: 8.5/10

Was just starting Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, but my library request for Nate Silver's book finally came in today, and that's taking priority.
    Love, love LOVE Sedaris. I haven't read Naked yet though. Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim is probably my favorite of his. When Your Are Engulfed in Flames was good too.

vCash
    I am reading "The Stand" by King, yeah it will be a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I am reading "The Stand" by King, yeah it will be a while.
    Best of luck.....I didn't make it. But I'm also not a big King fan.

vCash
    Are you another who hates how he gets tedious with his over description of everything? or you are not a fan for other reasons.

I got through "It", but this one is even longer, I also read the Dark Tower Series and well that was pretty long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Are you another who hates how he gets tedious with his over description of everything? or you are not a fan for other reasons.

I got through "It", but this one is even longer, I also read the Dark Tower Series and well that was pretty long.
    No I'm fine with that. Hell I was a Philosophy major For whatever reason I can't really get into fantasy/sci-fi/unreal horror reading. Don't know why. In Middle School and High School I'd read King, Koontz, etc. but now I read that stuff and roll my eyes and the fantasy stuff.

Tedius I can handle. Love the Larsson books.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

I'm not finished with this book yet, but holy crap is it boring in certain stretches. I like some of the main parts of the book (like what happens in Tull, for example), but they're few and far between and Stephen King spends way too much time breaking down every single detail (some of which have no impact on the story) that it's easy to lose focus. I really wanted to get into this Dark Tower series, but if it starts off like this, I'm not sure it's worth it.
    If you are looking for non stop action, you will be disappointed. This series is about the journey. So yes, he describes, and details, and paints imagery. King has always built great, deep characters, and this is probably some of his best work in that aspect.

I know to each their own, but this is literally my favorite thing I have ever read.

vCash
    The Signal and the Noise: Infinity/10

I want to be Nate Silver when I grow up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

This was my least favorite book of that series, but I will tell you do not stop there and finish it, because the Drawing of the 3 was what hooked me in and from there I went on a journey that i simply loved and will always cherish.

...but yes King will always detail you to death, but imo that is what makes his reading come to life for me and I really felt as if I was there in these places.

vCash
    Currently reading Breakfast of Champions, last book I read was;
    A Clockwork Orange. I give it a 8.5 out of 10. Burgess is known
    for in this book to have created his own language, and
    while after a while you catch on, and watching the movie helps
    to understand it enough, I find early on I had struggled with it though.

Great book nonetheless..

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast