Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsrock229 View Post
    Wow, sorry for getting back to this so late, but I love John Green too, and that's the book I'm going to read next when I get the time. I've heard great things and really can't wait to read it!

Paper Towns was pretty good. It was somewhat of a mystery, and it kept me in it. I am a curious reader, so when I start a story and get deep enough, I need to know how it ends. It wasn't great, but thought it was worth reading
    It's really good. I gotta check out Paper Towns.

Quote Originally Posted by mecindylewis View Post
    Good story not the best acting but definitely kept my attention
    Yeah.......................wait what?

vCash
    World War Z - 8.5/10 Quite creative I will say.

vCash
    Pygmy - Chuck Palahniuk 4/10

I love Palahniuk. Love every other book I've read by him. This was NOT good. Overall take on society was great, but its written in the voice of a broken English Asian kid and it's funny at first, but REALLY annoying after 200+ pages and hard to follow. Lots of over the top sexual innuendo, even for him. So not good....need to read Fight Club or Damned ASAP to cleanse this bad feeling.

vCash
    Finished reading A Storm of Swords in anticipation of S3 GoT...incredible book, best of the series so far.

9.5/10

vCash
    Storm of swords is one of the best books I ever read.

I am reading Feast for Crows right now, halfway done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Pygmy - Chuck Palahniuk 4/10

I love Palahniuk. Love every other book I've read by him. This was NOT good. Overall take on society was great, but its written in the voice of a broken English Asian kid and it's funny at first, but REALLY annoying after 200+ pages and hard to follow. Lots of over the top sexual innuendo, even for him. So not good....need to read Fight Club or Damned ASAP to cleanse this bad feeling.
    Bought that book some time ago, never made it past the first few dozen pages. Just horrible, the bad english doesn't add anything it just makes it a pain to read. I don't even have the urge to give it another go which I normally get.

Finished The Complete Robot by Isaac Asimov this Weekend. Really like Asimov and most of the stories in this book were really good. The themes are often the same, so it lends itself to read the stories a bit spaced out. 8/10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Storm of swords is one of the best books I ever read.

I am reading Feast for Crows right now, halfway done.
    It was incredible. I feel like even if they can only manage to put half of it in the TV series (budget restrictions), it's still going to be some amazing television...that's how great the book was.

I've been trying to read each book before the season airs, just to see how they compare and have a frame of reference in case there's some stuff I don't understand.

vCash
    Book three will be cut into two seasons if you did not know as of yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    Bought that book some time ago, never made it past the first few dozen pages. Just horrible, the bad english doesn't add anything it just makes it a pain to read. I don't even have the urge to give it another go which I normally get.

Finished The Complete Robot by Isaac Asimov this Weekend. Really like Asimov and most of the stories in this book were really good. The themes are often the same, so it lends itself to read the stories a bit spaced out. 8/10
    Don't bother ever reading it. Can't even believe its Palahniuk. I mean there's some funny moments, but sifting through all the incoherent writing wasn't worth it. Not sure how much of his stuff you've read, but this is way off for him.

Haven't read Asimov since college. Maybe I'll check that one out.

vCash
    Book three will be cut into two seasons if you did not know as of yet.
    Didn't know that...but I'm not at all surprised considering how long the book was and how much happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Don't bother ever reading it. Can't even believe its Palahniuk. I mean there's some funny moments, but sifting through all the incoherent writing wasn't worth it. Not sure how much of his stuff you've read, but this is way off for him.

Haven't read Asimov since college. Maybe I'll check that one out.
    Thanks for the warning, I always thought there has to be something to that book, but apparently not.
    I really love Asimov, he has his flaws as an Author (Hello Mr. Plotdevice and to much of the story is told in dialogue) but as a thinker he was a genius and the themes his books cover are very powerful in my opinion.

vCash
    Just finished dreamseller in about 5 days. Really good easy read, my only complaint is you can tell when Frantz is adding his owm thoughts to novak's story.

Story wise its just as good as scar tissue, not as well written but still a great story.

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.
    Fok Jelle Naiers

They`re = contraction of they are
    There = used to describe location
    Their = pronoun used to describe belonging
    Should've = contraction of should have
    Should of = makes no sense at all

vCash
    Aszholes Finish First.

Welcome to the #tape

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    World War Z - 8.5/10 Quite creative I will say.
    Just finished this. Loved it. One of my faves really. Just a completely different look at zombies. My only problem with it was that I couldn't put it down at night and it cost me some valuable sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Just finished this. Loved it. One of my faves really. Just a completely different look at zombies. My only problem with it was that I couldn't put it down at night and it cost me some valuable sleep.

If you lije world war z I strongly recommend adrians undead diary.

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.
    Fok Jelle Naiers

They`re = contraction of they are
    There = used to describe location
    Their = pronoun used to describe belonging
    Should've = contraction of should have
    Should of = makes no sense at all

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast