Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham

vCash

Gotham

Really, really well done first episode. Very impressive acting, and the story could really work. The Penguin tie into the mob and eventually the mob war has alot more potential than I think was imagined by most/many. Potentially a top show.

vCash
    I liked it, seemed like they did all they could do try and minimize the network show feel.

Only thing that didn't jive with me was how Gordon had the balls to take control of the pill addict situation, dude is a rookie telling everyone to hold their fire.
    Last edited by WickedBadMan; 09-23-2014 at 03:34 AM.

vCash
    I didn't like Alfred in it.. I'll still watch it though. Every thing else was good.

vCash
    Yeah, I did not like Alfred at all. I also think they're going to use Bruce Wayne too much. I'm not a comic booker but I'm pretty sure Bruce didn't have much interaction with Jim Gordon in these early years. Although this is kind of a re-invention of a story line anyways. Very well done, can't wait for next week.

2016 NHL Re-Draft
    Vegas Aces

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    What was wrong with Alfred?

vCash
    He is to soccer hooligan like

vCash
    i didnt care for what they did with riddler ,but it was an alright first ep ,def a lot of fun seeing all the characters

vCash
    I wasn't crazy about it. I thought the writing was really cocky without warranting it, they never really found their own voice, more of a "we have Batman, people will love it regardless!" They built so much of the script around Batman references while forgetting that their show is fundamentally not about Batman. The goal is to create a Gotham without Batman, to show us the world he's going to grow into and how it exists in isolation, without Batman. The Thomas/Martha Wayne death scene was just so damn generic, lifted directly out of the playbook of every other Batman interpretation ever. The references were really overbearing, made it much harder for them to develop their own world. I'm worried about this show. I'm not saying they have to step away from the Batman mythology entirely, obviously that's so much of their appeal, but they have to make this show sustainable on its own, with its own characters and stories and world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    Yeah, I did not like Alfred at all. I also think they're going to use Bruce Wayne too much. I'm not a comic booker but I'm pretty sure Bruce didn't have much interaction with Jim Gordon in these early years. Although this is kind of a re-invention of a story line anyways. Very well done, can't wait for next week.
    A lot of origin stories (and there have been a LOT, there's no one definitive "Batman origin issue" comic, rather several interpretations by several writers) show a young Jim Gordon on the scene consoling Bruce, but yea that relationship definitely isn't there. In fact, if you look at Batman's early career (most notably, Batman Year 1), show Bruce intentionally trying to convince Gordon that he's a dumb billionaire playboy to throw him off of the scent.

vCash
    I really liked the pilot. It is quite interesting how they started with Selina Kyle aka the future Catwoman, I'm curious of how long it would take for her to screw up her spying and meet Jim Gordon or any of the other characters.

Ian. Guest
    Looks super corny.

Fox is just terrible at getting good shows. Maybe it'll surprise but it looks awful.

vCash
    I liked it catwomen stood put I like how she was always around but not seen or heard. It has potential to be good

vCash
    Does anyone know where I can watch this online? Or is ir on Hulu?

vCash
    Didn't Netflix say that they plan on having the episodes online?

vCash
    I hated the 1st episode. I thought the writing was lazy at best.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast