Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

M. Night Shyamalan's SPLIT (spoiler alert)

I have not seen a thread about this movie as of yet.

I just saw it today. One of his better movies as of late. Curious what you guys thought of the ending. Will they be tying his movies together in an M.night Shyamalan universe?

Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 01-30-2017 at 06:44 PM.

^^ currently playing^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    6 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14 & #24
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

I hated the ending... i get its a shayamalan movie but they went off the rails making him an actual beast in my opinion... Maybe I am missing something... where did the beast **** come from? having different personalities doesnt equate to crawling up walls and ****.... super strength sure... i can see that... but this mother ****er was taking shot gun shots like it was a BB gun and going hulk like on a knife.... just seemed out of place to me... either tease the supernatural through the entire film or dont add it... no reason for the dude to become satanic or whatever in the final 10 minutes of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

I hated the ending... i get its a shayamalan movie but they went off the rails making him an actual beast in my opinion... Maybe I am missing something... where did the beast **** come from? having different personalities doesnt equate to crawling up walls and ****.... super strength sure... i can see that... but this mother ****er was taking shot gun shots like it was a BB gun and going hulk like on a knife.... just seemed out of place to me... either tease the supernatural through the entire film or dont add it... no reason for the dude to become satanic or whatever in the final 10 minutes of the movie.

I hear ya. I guess they were really pushing the "mind can do anything" thing. Not sure I got a clear view of the injuries but but he did seem to just shrug off a shotgun round.

What were your thoughts on Bruce Willis & the "mr glass" reference?

^^ currently playing^^

You may have missed the whole point of the movie. There's more going on then just the strength of a mind. To me it was more about the realization of human evolution and a real life gritty take on what can lead to a super hero.

It is a sequel to Unbreakable which I had never seen. I watched it Sunday and it helped answer a lot of questions.

Great movie and I had gotten sick of his movies quite a bit. I'm also a huge McAvoy fan and he was quite fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 NHL Re-Draft
    Vegas Aces

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    You may have missed the whole point of the movie. There's more going on then just the strength of a mind. To me it was more about the realization of human evolution and a real life gritty take on what can lead to a super hero.

It is a sequel to Unbreakable which I had never seen. I watched it Sunday and it helped answer a lot of questions.

Great movie and I had gotten sick of his movies quite a bit. I'm also a huge McAvoy fan and he was quite fantastic.

Interesting take... the evolution of man leads to heroes & villains. The hoard purging the weak unspoiled from society is trying to create a new society of strong creatures thereby seen himself as a hero. Nicely done!

Can we assume that there will be a sequel to unbreakable?

Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 01-31-2017 at 11:35 AM.

^^ currently playing^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post

Interesting take... the evolution of man leads to heroes & villains. The hoard purging the weak unspoiled from society is trying to create a new society of strong creatures thereby seen himself as a hero. Nicely done!

Can we assume that there will be a sequel to unbreakable?
    [spoiler]From my understanding this is a sequel to Unbreakable. Hence Bruce Willis at the very end. I saw this alone at a 4:30 showing and thought it was over. When I was putting my recliner up I saw Bruce Willis and was like "what the ****? John McLane doesn't just show up for a zingy one liner at the end.

That led me to research it and its ties to Unbreakable.

16 years ago we got the first inkling in Unbreakable that human evolution would lead to a superior being and he may be meant for more than the average man (the David Dunn character). Evolution doesn't happen overnight (or the course of just 16 years) but it's implication is that the human mind can evolve too and that is where the beast comes from.

The doctor had her theory that patients with multiple personalities disorder had a more evolved brain/mind not a more sick/complicated one. That all these identities were real and not manifestations. That they could all have their own physical traits to match their identity, even in one host. "The beast" proved not only her to be right but that the idea is more advanced then one thought.[/spoiler]

That's my take. I think there is meant to be a sequel to this and I believe at least McAvoy and Willis will be involved.

2016 NHL Re-Draft
    Vegas Aces

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

Because this movie is not set in reality reality, but like unbreakable in a universe where super heroes exist and so do super villains.

Which I guess it sets up a possible third movie in this universe.

The ending was a happy surprise, since I was a fan of unbreakable.

Finally saw this last night.

I was a huge fan of this movie... but the end did nothing for me. I couldn't care less if this movie is in the same universe as unbreakable.

Both of my friends had seen the movie before and told me that there was a huge spoiler at the end. I didn't feel like it was spoiler let alone a huge moment at all.

Overall though, the thriller/supernatural vibe of the movie was great. James McAvoy killed it. I was skeptical after seeing the acting in the trailers but he was amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post

I hear ya. I guess they were really pushing the "mind can do anything" thing. Not sure I got a clear view of the injuries but but he did seem to just shrug off a shotgun round.

What were your thoughts on Bruce Willis & the "mr glass" reference?
    I didn't mind the supernatural ish you guys are referring to. However, I def thought what you mentioned in the last paragraph was cheesy, forced, and unnecessary.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 04-02-2017 at 02:50 AM.

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

Surprised it is or was not an R rated movie! As heard it should had been.
    May Day May Day!