Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gotham (Fox)

vCash

Gotham (Fox)

Just saw a preview for this for the first time on a plane the other day, and it looked VERY intriguing. Bruce Wayne is a kid in the show and it is about the city of Gotham. Looks interesting for FOX.

vCash
    I'm gonna watch it because I love everything Batman. It looks pretty intriguing to me as well. It actually supposedly won't focus on Bruce Wayne at all. He's just a side character. The main protagonist is Jim Gordon. I think it's gonna be a new interesting take on the mythology of Batman.

vCash
    its on fox, it will suck... they needed to do this on a showtime or hbo channel and make it gritty
    Trick or Treat

vCash
    I have no words to describe how excited I am for this show. The next 2 months are going to be painful to wait.

vCash
    I a) don't really care for comics, outside the good blockbuster movies and b) haven't watched a FOX/CBS/NBC/ABC drama in forever....but I'm gonna give this a whirl. I too would have liked to have seen it on HBO or Showtime to really pull out all the dark, gritty, gloom and doom...but we'll see what Fox can do. I'm gonna give it a shot. No expectations, but it certainly has potential. It's an interesting take on things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ18 View Post
    its on fox, it will suck... they needed to do this on a showtime or hbo channel and make it gritty
    batman is rooted in being made for the younger crowd(even though it has adult appeal) than who can see an hbo version ,an hbo version would be too far into such things

vCash
    I'm excited about this, but Fox will **** it up and it'll be cancelled after 2 seasons unfortunately. I hope I'm dead wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    I'm excited about this, but Fox will **** it up and it'll be cancelled after 2 seasons unfortunately. I hope I'm dead wrong.
    That's one thing about it that worries me. With it being on Fox, there's this part of me who's not holding my breath. This is the same network that had Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and that lasted what, 2 seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    batman is rooted in being made for the younger crowd(even though it has adult appeal) than who can see an hbo version ,an hbo version would be too far into such things
    I think there's plenty of darkness to be explored. The Nolan movies have kinda touched the surface of it, but there's so much more there. I think you could expound upon that a ton, actually. These villains are pretty damn sinister things. Yes, it originated from a comic geared towards kids. No, that doesn't mean you can't take those elements and run with them. It's a dark and corrupt city with very complicated and brutal villains. There's a ton there. This show will be relatively dark by all accounts, but I think it would be really interesting if it was on a network where there would be no limits. That would be a ton of fun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by H-MYK View Post
    That's one thing about it that worries me. With it being on Fox, there's this part of me who's not holding my breath. This is the same network that had Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and that lasted what, 2 seasons.
    Exactly, they have no patience with their big budget shows. Not all shows explode right out the gate viewers wise.
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

You want to go first?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    I honestly don't think it will. Batman is incredibly popular and they have been promoting the **** out of it.

vCash
    I have been upset with Fox ever since they ****ed up with Firefly. Hopefully this redeems them a little bit....

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    I honestly don't think it will. Batman is incredibly popular and they have been promoting the **** out of it.
    I really hope you're right. This show needs to last.

You want to go first?

vCash
    I'd love to **** on Fox for its many shows they've canceled far to soon(Titus) but they let Frine go five seasons. When it really shouldnt of been on past season three with how many viewers it had.

vCash
    Other than being on Fox, the only thing that worries me about the show is I have this feeling that this is going to be one of those shows were people set expectations ridiculously high. Even if the show were to be ok, they will find excuses to be as nitpicky as possible like find every little detail that's wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast