Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interstellar

vCash

Interstellar

Didn't see a thread about it...

So has anyone seen it already?

Gonna see it tomorrow and the waiting is killing me right now. I Have high hopes for this and I'm sure Nolan's not gonna dissapoint me...hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    I'll probably be seeing it this weekend. also pretty excited for it, I'm not too sure what the movie is supposed to be about and I've stayed away from previews, reviews and all that stuff so I'm pretty anxious to finally see it haha

vCash
    Nolan doesn't make bad movies so you gotta see it.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Gonna see it early on Friday. Full Imax too. You can tell the cinematography is going to be insane but i saw a leaked imax trailer on YouTube that, even in low quality, looked amazing.

The Guardian newspaper did a story on Christopher Nolan, long read, but it mentioned how he invited many of the top directors (Tarantino, PTA, etc.) to watch it and convince them to use film for their movies. All of them were blown away by the visuals.

Here's the story: http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014...ed-blockbuster

No Interstellar spoilers in that from what i recall (long read and i read it yesterday). Talks about his previous movies too.

Quote from PTA because he's not actually in the article:
    “Christopher Nolan is at the front lines of all of this, I have to say,” Anderson said about the struggle to keep celluloid viable for filmmakers. “He’s made a beautiful film, if anybody gets out to see ‘Interstellar’ when it comes out.” Jones then quipped sarcastically that he thinks people just may just go check out the movie, which lead to a lot of uproarious laughter. “I’m just trying to put in the good word, he’s a decent filmmaker; you probably haven’t heard about this one.” Anderson joked. “Support this filmmaker.”

“But don’t **** around, go see it in IMAX,” PTA said turning serious. “Brave the line. Do it, bite the bullet,” he stressed.
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...-more-20141006

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    Got my iMax tickets for Saturday.

vCash
    heard its a dud, but i usually disagree with critics, as i didnt really like gravity all that much and didnt think it deserved all the hype.... this looks good tho!

vCash
    so after watching I have to say its quite an amazing movie but a little predictable...

Visuals were absolutely stunning though.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash

Interstellar

You absolutely HAVE to see this in IMAX. Nolan knows what the **** is up with IMAX.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Going to see this tomorrow, no IMAX close to me so just a regular theater.

vCash
    it was indeed predictable and there was a lot of holes in logic, not as good as memento, tdk, or the prestige.....visually stunning and hans zimmer once again is just genius
    POP! POP!

vCash
    To the people saying it was predictable...

ummm wtf? There were plenty of unexpected twists and turns in it. It could've ended 3 different times I thought.

Some holes in logic, yea, but overall it was very well done imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    To the people saying it was predictable...

ummm wtf? There were plenty of unexpected twists and turns in it. It could've ended 3 different times I thought.

Some holes in logic, yea, but overall it was very well done imo.
    Pretty much any movie involving space travel will have plot holes in order to make them palatable to the big screen and audiences. I can handle plot holes in space movies if the visuals are good. I fully expect this to be visually stunning.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Saw it today. And yea the holes are there being its space travel and wormholes among other things. I legitly didn't see the end till it was there and enjoyed the ride till we got to it.

Take not it is a very long movie, was a 11:45 showing got out at 2:45.

vCash
    Saw it in XD this afternoon. Not sure what to make of it. Not a bad movie by any means, but I guess I was hoping for better.

vCash
    Slow to get off the ground for me while setting up the father/daughter tension which I thought was poorly scripted. Afterwards it was visually stunning and held together well enough to engage and entertain.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast