Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Rick and Morty Season 3

The premiere dropped last night, and holy ****. Maybe the best episode they've ever done. I'm gonna write my thoughts in spoiler tags:

It was definitely one of the funniest episodes. Lawyer Morty was fantastic. "He who controls the pants controls the universe." Everything with the Szechuan sauce (there's already a petition to bring it back circulating online). Hilarious, incredible, I can't emphasize enough how much fun it was.

But emotionally speaking, I'm conflicted. It feels like they undid all of the growth Rick had as a character dating back to the end of Season 1 (most notably in the evil Morty episode and the finale, going into season 2 with the episode ending where he almost commits suicide and then the S2 finale). Just totally undid it, and I'm conflicted between the notion that good TV needs to have emotional consequences and growth and the idea that Rick and Morty isn't like anything else on TV and shouldn't have to follow those rules.

What I keep coming back to in my head is the idea that maybe we've been interpreting the show wrong from the start. Maybe Rick isn't the protagonist. Maybe he's the villain. And maybe Morty is just now starting to realize this, and the growth we should really be interested in was his. Maybe Rick really is just a vengeful God, and the point of the show will be Morty overcoming that to live a normal life (maybe Evil Morty gets involved?)

So yea, it was a huge premiere. Probably the best season premiere of anything I've seen in a long, long time.

POOP

It was awesome, this season will be awesome, THE SAUCE MORTY
    Anthony Mantha

Spoil you with 2 angles baby boo

What is this show and what channel is it on?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    What is this show and what channel is it on?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Adult Swim. It's a show about a piece of **** mad scientist going on sci fi adventures with his grandson. Imagine the relationship between Doc Brown and Marty McFly, but super dark and funny as ****.
    POOP

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    It was awesome, this season will be awesome, THE SAUCE MORTY
    Even if it takes 9 seasons!