Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 122
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    10,840
    vCash
    1000

    Jared Leto Eyed to Play The Joker in WB's ‘Suicide Squad’ (Exclusive)

    Oscar winner Jared Leto is circling a key role in David Ayer‘s “Suicide Squad” that could prove to be The Joker, an individual familiar with the Warner Bros. project has told TheWrap. Warner Bros. had no comment, while a representative for Leto did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Tom Hardy, Will Smith and Margot Robbie are in various stages of discussions to star in “Suicide Squad,” which David Ayer is directing and Charles Roven is producing. Jesse Eisenberg is also expected to reprise his role as Superman's mortal foe Lex Luthor, though no casting is confirmed at this time. »
    http://www.thewrap.com/jared-leto-ey...uad-exclusive/

    thoughts? I havent seen many movies with him in it so i dont really have a reaction to this

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Originally from MA
    Posts
    13,641
    vCash
    1500
    He would be a great choice as Joker. He won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor last year for Dallas Buyers Club. He was also in Requiem for a Dream and American Psycho, which is one of my favs.

    "Hey Paul!?!"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    13,483
    vCash
    3600
    He should do great imo

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    66,107
    vCash
    1500
    This makes sense to me. I am fully supportive of this move. In the overarching aim of setting up a good Suicide Squad movie, he will be pivotal to its success or failure.

    I checked out YouTube and he is going to have to work on that laugh though...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2y1MLTBlUw
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    23,896
    vCash
    950
    Fantastic choice. Oddly enough I have always loved Leto as an actor but hate almost every movie he is in.
    2015 Cleveland Browns PSD mock


    Pick #12: Danny Shelton DT Washington
    Pick#19: Todd Gurley RB Georgia
    Pick #43: Max Williams TE Minnesota
    Pick #77: Brett Hundley QB UCLA
    Pick #99: Hau'oli Kikaha OLB Washington
    Pick #108: Darren Waller WR GT
    Pick #139: Stefon Diggs WR Maryland
    Pick #186: Jamon Williams OL Louisville
    Pick #204: Jeff Luc ILB Cincinnati
    UDFA: Kristjan Sokoli DE Buffalo

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    16,614
    vCash
    1500
    Sounds amazing to me. Interesting that they are also saying they wanted Gosling but he didn't want to do multiple movies. He is certainly a good actor, but not very charismatic or maniacal like the Joker.

    Leto could be great. And I like that they aren't afraid to throw characters in that weren't normally. It may anger some of the purists, but it's going to make it more successful and relatable with not comic book fans. Joker, Lex, etc..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18,403
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This makes sense to me. I am fully supportive of this move. In the overarching aim of setting up a good Suicide Squad movie, he will be pivotal to its success or failure.

    I checked out YouTube and he is going to have to work on that laugh though...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2y1MLTBlUw
    You must be his agent because that laugh is a great clip to tie to this rumor. That was way better than I expected.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    66,107
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    You must be his agent because that laugh is a great clip to tie to this rumor. That was way better than I expected.
    It's not bad by any stretch, but the Joker laugh is iconic and that one small part can't make a movie but it can ruin it swiftly and absolutely. Mark Hamill and Troy Baker both did a superb job with it.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    24,544
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This makes sense to me. I am fully supportive of this move. In the overarching aim of setting up a good Suicide Squad movie, he will be pivotal to its success or failure.

    I checked out YouTube and he is going to have to work on that laugh though...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2y1MLTBlUw
    dunno why.every joker is different.romaro's laugh,nicholson,hamil,ledger.they all do different things.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    66,107
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    dunno why.every joker is different.romaro's laugh,nicholson,hamil,ledger.they all do different things.
    Different is perfectly fine. But that laugh has to exude crazy.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcinzmfZeCc
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18,403
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It's not bad by any stretch, but the Joker laugh is iconic and that one small part can't make a movie but it can ruin it swiftly and absolutely. Mark Hamill and Troy Baker both did a superb job with it.
    I thought it sounded alot like the laugh of the 90s animated series' poison gas victims. Do it longer, make it louder, add a cackle...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,395
    vCash
    1500
    I'm a little conflicted that they're using the Joker so early. Won't that take a lot of the weight out from using him in a Batman film? I like Leto as the casting choice, but man, I would've much preferred to see him fight Batman first. Maybe they're doing this to whet our appetites?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    24,544
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    I'm a little conflicted that they're using the Joker so early. Won't that take a lot of the weight out from using him in a Batman film? I like Leto as the casting choice, but man, I would've much preferred to see him fight Batman first. Maybe they're doing this to whet our appetites?
    we dont need another batman v joker movie,everyone knows the deal by now.there are other villains in the batman universe.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,395
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    we dont need another batman v joker movie,everyone knows the deal by now.there are other villains in the batman universe.
    That doesn't make it any less awesome. How many significant incarnations of the Joker have there been? Romero, Nicholson, Hamill, Ledger, several other voice actors, but they all put their own spin on the character. You can't tell the Batman story without the Joker.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    18,841
    vCash
    1500
    I like his band, a lot. A lot. Lots.
    “The Wilpons and Mr. Saul Katz — the people who say they don’t care about the team are sorely misguided,” Ojeda told the newspaper. “These are the biggest Mets fans you will meet."

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •