Our rotation is already one of the best in baseball but with the rays pitching and the yankees new rotation but we need to be the best. Even though probally the two best options have been taken we are left with many above average to decent guys.

Even though many will disagree I believe that Ben Sheets is the best remaining pitcher in the FA market. That year he had a injury free season with good stats and remember the Brewers aren't the best offense so his wins are down. People say he is injury prone but it is that much more than any of the other pitcher including beckett, and dice-k.

Over the past five years his highest ERA has been 3.82 and last years was 3.09. He has averaged 204 innings a year for his career, 172 strikeouts, a 1.20 whip. Last season he had 5 closed games, and only had 47 walks in 198 innings. Also at the age of 30 the red sox will have a team with the starters average age is 29.

I think those stats are good enough for a two years, 20-25 million. This guy is an ace and for some reason no one thinks anything of him.

Also they need some catching. I think Teagarden is one of the top young catchers. He has a lot of potential but doesn't have much mlb expirence at the age of 24.

Scouting Report
Assets
Has both the offensive potential and defensive acumen to become a quality starting catcher.

Flaws
Needs to display more consistency in all aspects of his game in order to make the final leap in "the show".

Career potential
A solid starting catcher

Also Saltalamacchia is a another top young catcher who has more of an offensive side than defense so far. He is 23 with two years in the majors.

Scouting Report

Assets
The switch-hitter boasts good plate discipline, big-time power and a consistent stroke. Is a catcher first but can also play first base.

Flaws
There's still some rough edges that need sharpening in his all-around catching game. Tends to have less power as a lefty batter.

Career potential
An all-star catcher if he can improve as a receiver.

To get one of these catchers they will need to give away a masterson, buchholz, or a bowden which i am okay with. You also need a veteran catcher present which should be varitek. I would give him maybe a one or two year deal and at the most 12 million a year.

Also the red sox need some power in the lineup. Mark Teixeira is the best player to fill that role with plus power, plus defense, and plus contact. He is perfect for boston a player who could do it all. They really do need to get him to be the top of the divison. Theo needs to go all out to get him.