Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

The Season So Far

We have a break until Dec. 11th so I decided to make this thread to ask everyone how they think the season is going so far.

IMO this is pretty much what I expected except with Calgary challenging us more for the division than Vancouver is now. I also expected more offense out of this team. I've been pleasantly surprised by the play of Niklas Backstrom and especially Mikko Koivu.

Your thoughts?

2 Time Sim League Champion

vCash
    I wish we could beat Vancouver for once.

vCash
    ya tell me about it

vCash
    It seems like we always lose by one. Never two or three

vCash
    its cause Backstrom has been awesome keeping us in every game

vCash
    We need Gabby back or someone else to step up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNev View Post
    We need Gabby back or someone else to step up.
    obviously we'd like Gabby back but we have had someone step it up... Mikko Koivu

vCash
    i am a casual hockey fan, it comes fourth in my rankings of professional sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL), and where i live, all games are not televised, but i looked at some stats today and saw that we allow the fewest goals per game this season, awesome. Can anyone tell me a Gaborik update? does he still hate us?

vCash
    He is finally practicing with the team again but no word on when he will play in a game yet...

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Marian Gaborik wasn't going to blend seamlessly back with the Minnesota Wild, not with his absence at 24 games and counting and his speedy legs still below full strength.

The lime-green jersey Gaborik wore for Tuesday's practice, his first with the team since he was hurt on Oct. 15, merely highlighted his eyebrow-raising return.

After eagerly but cautiously completing the hour-long, off-day workout with his teammates at Xcel Energy Center, Gaborik was officially closer to rejoining the first line and giving the Wild the scoring threat they clearly need.

"It's always good to get out there and skate with people around," said Gaborik, who is recovering from an unspecified lower-body injury. Judging by the way he moved around during practice - admittedly not at 100 percent - and the time he's been out, it is assumed the groin muscle that cost him nearly half of the 2006-07 season is bothering him again.

The team has stopped divulging information about any player's injury beyond the general vicinity of the malady, and Gaborik smiled broadly when asked if he's fighting the same problem as in the past.

"I can't talk about that stuff," he said. "Good try, though."

The relevant question, of course, is when he'll be cleared to play again.

He has one goal and six shots on net in two games, paltry numbers buried at the bottom of the Wild's statistics with the healthy scratches and minor-league call-ups. After getting hurt during a hackysack game the players use to kill time and stay limber, Gaborik has led a lonely existence of training room treatment and solo skating sessions.

Lately, he's noticed improvement, and his request to participate Tuesday was granted by coach Jacques Lemaire.

"He looked OK. For the first day with us, he was fine," Lemaire said. "He still has a long ways to go, conditioning, but it's good that he's back."

The Wild returned center Krys Kolanos to their AHL affiliate in Houston on Monday, creating roster space should Gaborik be ready to come off injured reserve. Lemaire said he won't play on a three-game road trip that begins Thursday against Phoenix, however, leaving a Dec. 17 home game against Calgary the next option.

"Hopefully I can gradually keep picking it up and get to the point where I can jump back into the game," Gaborik said. "I'm looking forward to that."

Gaborik is in the final year of his contract, and talks between his agent and the Wild about an extension broke off before he was hurt. He's on the trade block, but interest from other teams is obviously cool if he's not playing.
    Last edited by badkins1121; 12-11-2008 at 12:40 AM.

vCash
    We just need to trade his *** for someone that will actually help us out.

THE FELLOW SOUTH DAKOTA BOYS

props to rdwilliamson for the sig

vCash
    Well I'm sure there isn't much interest in him since he has 24 games already and is injured

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by badkins1121 View Post
    Well I'm sure there isn't much interest in him since he has 24 games already and is injured
    i doubt that even though he is an injury prone player, im sure some team would take a risk on a possible 100 point player. I mean he's only 26 if im not mistaken. I could see one of the teams that doesn't get Mats Sundin,to try for Gabby.

vCash
    badkins... theres a wrestling redraft?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bidi_nash View Post
    i doubt that even though he is an injury prone player, im sure some team would take a risk on a possible 100 point player. I mean he's only 26 if im not mistaken. I could see one of the teams that doesn't get Mats Sundin,to try for Gabby.
    Yeah when he starts playing again the interest will pick up again but right now no one is going to trade for somebody who isn't going to play right away. That is what I meant, talks have cooled since he isn't playing.