Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bargnani Love

Bargnani Love

Its time for all the guys who were calling Andrea Bargnani a bust to eat their crow. The man hasn't had consistent offense from game to game but his game as a whole is vastly improved from last season and from his rookie season. He looks confident and he looks very intelligent on defense and on offense, especially in terms of driving and passing. He's a very good shot blocker. I love the direction he's moved his game. He took a page out of Chris Bosh's early days and busted his *** in the offseason. Its paying off big time.
    Last edited by LD V2.0; 11-26-2008 at 10:30 PM.

totally agree; he shot 4 of 15 today but he did other things grabbed 9 rebs and 3 blks in the game. It wasn't his greatest game of the season but it was good.

This game proved that when his shooting isnt on he can still contribute. They guy will never be the bust people thought he would be. The only question is will he ever be an allstar

Quote Originally Posted by LD V2.0 View Post
    Its time for all the guys who were calling Andrea Bargnani a bust to eat their crow. The man hasn't had consistent offense from game to game but his game as a whole is vastly improved from last season and from his rookie season. He looks confident and he looks very intelligent on defense and on offense, especially in terms of driving and passing. He's a very good shot blocker. I love the direction he's moved his game. He took a page out of Chris Bosh's early days and busted his *** in the offseason. Its paying off big time.
    I agree, ive never said he was a bust or was going to be, but I did have some doubts coming into this season. Bargnani has suprised me tho and I think he can contribute to the team for the years to come.

Props To Coolmo For The Sig
    TORONTO RAPTORS

He'll never live up to be the #1 overall pick of the NBA draft, but he's showing this year that he will be a solid NBA player and should have a solid career. What I like about him this year is the versatility he's giving us. It doesnt matter what position he's playing on the floor, who he's guarding on defence, he's simply giving better effort this year. He's never going to be an energy guy so guys like Jared Dudley will out-hustle him in games like tonight's, but he's not gonna be the guy in his first two seasons who stands off to the side and watches others fight for the ball. We've given him minutes from the 3-5 positions and has shown he can be productive from any position. Last year, I think trying to convert him to the center position affected him negatively more than we could have ever thought it would. He simply doesn't care this year where he is on the floor. That's what I'm most impressed with.

He's been an amazing shooter, but there are still many holes in his game. Not the ideal #1 overall pick, but you never know. He seems to be progressing game-to-game.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseOnMyHead View Post
    He's been an amazing shooter, but there are still many holes in his game. Not the ideal #1 overall pick, but you never know. He seems to be progressing game-to-game.
    His holes are closing though especially with the post game and his defense

I think his max potential will allow him to be a 17-18 ppg player while grabbing 8-9 boards.

Props To Coolmo For The Sig
    TORONTO RAPTORS

I see that too except I dont know he could better scorer than that if he became a number one option. I still dont see a Dirk projection being so off

I had severe doubts about him last season and I'm willing to admit that he's improved a lot in areas that were very weak, but he still has a great deal to work on (my fear was him becoming a one dimensional player). I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this, but he usually plays better in games where he's trying to score in a variety of ways. This last game apart from the occasional drive to the hoop, he was mostly floating around the perimeter.

Farnsworth: You mustn't interfere with the past! Don't do anything that affects anything. Unless it turns out you were supposed to do it. In which case, for the love of God don't not do it!
    Fry: Got it.
    Farnsworth: If for example you were to kill your grandfather, you'd cease to exist.
    Fry: (gasps) But existing is basically all I do.

he's needs a swagger. The best players in the game have a swagger, and it helps; opposing teams are intimidated and you definitely a lot of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by td0tsfinest View Post
    he's needs a swagger. The best players in the game have a swagger, and it helps; opposing teams are intimidated and you definitely a lot of confidence.
    Tim Duncan

Farnsworth: You mustn't interfere with the past! Don't do anything that affects anything. Unless it turns out you were supposed to do it. In which case, for the love of God don't not do it!
    Fry: Got it.
    Farnsworth: If for example you were to kill your grandfather, you'd cease to exist.
    Fry: (gasps) But existing is basically all I do.

What I liked from him tonight, was the little things he did (tip outs, charges, etc.). He progressing along really well.

Quote Originally Posted by td0tsfinest View Post
    He's 22 and he's only in his third season. Bosh didn't get that swagger you're talking about until year four or five. That's one example.

he's definitely improved

i like his all around play

if hr had at least hit 40% of his shots he would have had an amazing game.

did you guys see his stats ?

last 5 games averaging 17pts

ever since he started he has always hit double digits in scoring except for 1 game

i like he's more consistent in scoring now then in the beginning of the first few weeks.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast