Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which Franchise has been the most Cursed/UnFortunate?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • Suns

36 9.25%
  • Blazers

26 6.68%
  • Clippers

114 29.31%
  • Pacers

7 1.80%
  • Kings

19 4.88%
  • Hornets

1 0.26%
  • Bobcats

7 1.80%
  • Jazz

14 3.60%
  • Bucks

4 1.03%
  • Knicks (no titles since 1973)

42 10.80%
  • Cavaliers

21 5.40%
  • Nets

4 1.03%
  • Hawks

3 0.77%
  • Mavericks

12 3.08%
  • Warriors

12 3.08%
  • Timberwolves

22 5.66%
  • Nuggets

4 1.03%
  • Raptors

30 7.71%
  • Rockets

11 2.83%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Knicks

vCash
    The Clippers, Knicks, and Grizzlies are not cursed, they're mismanaged. To be cursed or unfortunate I'd say that things would have to happen out of the organization's control. Greg Oden going out his rookie year would qualify, but choosing Sam Bowie over MJ would not.

I'd have to say the Pacers. We haven't won a title since joining the NBA in '76. We didn't even sniff the Finals until the Reggie Miller era, and that team peaked at the worst possible time. We ran into MJ's Bulls, Ewing's Knicks, Shaq's Lakers, and the championship Pistons. And then there was the Brawl....

Edit: Guess I should also add, we had a player shooting during a fight at a strip club, three players go to court for beating up a bar manager, another player was harboring a murder suspect, and another player had guys follow him home from a club and shot up his car.
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 03-09-2009 at 02:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    The Clippers, Knicks, and Grizzlies are not cursed, they're mismanaged. To be cursed or unfortunate I'd say that things would have to happen out of the organization's control. Greg Oden going out his rookie year would qualify, but choosing Sam Bowie over MJ would not.

I'd have to say the Pacers. We haven't won a title since joining the NBA in '76. We didn't even sniff the Finals until the Reggie Miller era, and that team peaked at the worst possible time. We ran into MJ's Bulls, Ewing's Knicks, Shaq's Lakers, and the championship Pistons. And then there was the Brawl....

Edit: Guess I should also add, we had a player shooting during a fight at a strip club, three players go to court for beating up a bar manager, another player was harboring a murder suspect, and another player had guys follow him home from a club and shot up his car.
    your taking the term cursed abit to seriously and literally

vCash
    T-Wolves are the only team to NEVER have a top 2 pick. Considering how bad they've been and how high in the draft they should be, that's terrible.

Rigged!
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    K Love is basically TT with a shot and better passing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    your taking the term cursed abit to seriously and literally
    The Clippers and Grizzlies, specifically, are mismanaged. It was no secret throughout the 90's that the Clips would trade away any good player they had rather than face a large, long term contract. Why? Because if they kept their payroll low enough, they still made money regardless of whether they were winning or losing. The Griz seem to have had the same philosophy.

And the Knicks had Isaiah Thomas. These teams did it to themselves, that hardly qualifies as "cursed".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    The Clippers and Grizzlies, specifically, are mismanaged. It was no secret throughout the 90's that the Clips would trade away any good player they had rather than face a large, long term contract. Why? Because if they kept their payroll low enough, they still made money regardless of whether they were winning or losing. The Griz seem to have had the same philosophy.

And the Knicks had Isaiah Thomas. These teams did it to themselves, that hardly qualifies as "cursed".
    I don't know about that. The Clippers actually traded Danny Manning and got Dominique Wilkins. I'm still trying to figure out what Atlanta was doing with that.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    I don't know about that. The Clippers actually traded Danny Manning and got Dominique Wilkins. I'm still trying to figure out what Atlanta was doing with that.
    I remember that trade, Atlanta was trying to get younger. At the time Manning had roughly the same production but was significantly younger. The Clippers did not want to give Manning a huge salary, so they traded for a player on the downturn of his career.

vCash

vCash
    The kings or pacers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    T-Wolves are the only team to NEVER have a top 2 pick. Considering how bad they've been and how high in the draft they should be, that's terrible.

Rigged!
    Agreed! Remember the '92 lottery? Wolves finished with the worst record that year and got stuck with the 3rd pick. Alonzo Mourning went 2nd to Charlotte, and with the 1st overall pick Orlando picked some big guy named O'neal! 3 years later they're in the NBA finals!

Meanwhile the Wolves got stuck with a guy who's entire college career was hyped up off of one lucky shot in the elite 8. GROSS!!!!!

vCash
    I refuse to vote.

Celtics should be in the poll.

If Len Bias didn't die by cocain overdose we could have dominated the 80's (even more). I mean no Pistons titles.

Reggie Lewis...

With the team he played, we weren't going to win a ring...But he was our captain, and he died prematurely...

RIP
    Len Bias
    Reggie Lewis

vCash
    the suns.

vCash
    I think you can't vote on there draft picks. You don't try to get lottery when you pick a player. Blazers just sucked at finding good talent, thats not a curse.

vCash
    Jazz. Why?

Haha! No title!!!! EVER! hahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by superkegger View Post
    Ok, Reggie hitting shots isn't the Knicks being unfortunate, its called bad defense. Hiring Isiah isn't unlucky or cursed, its called bad management. That's not being cursed, that's just plain and simple bad management.

I voted Jazz, because I think had MJ not been around, they very well might have won 2 titles, instead, they got blanked.
    The knicks were the best defensive team in the league at that point.

Anyways,

I'll have to go with the knicks.

Isiah Thomas. End of story.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast