Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which Franchise has been the most Cursed/UnFortunate?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • Suns

36 9.25%
  • Blazers

26 6.68%
  • Clippers

114 29.31%
  • Pacers

7 1.80%
  • Kings

19 4.88%
  • Hornets

1 0.26%
  • Bobcats

7 1.80%
  • Jazz

14 3.60%
  • Bucks

4 1.03%
  • Knicks (no titles since 1973)

42 10.80%
  • Cavaliers

21 5.40%
  • Nets

4 1.03%
  • Hawks

3 0.77%
  • Mavericks

12 3.08%
  • Warriors

12 3.08%
  • Timberwolves

22 5.66%
  • Nuggets

4 1.03%
  • Raptors

30 7.71%
  • Rockets

11 2.83%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Which Franchise has been the most Cursed/UnFortunate?

Which franchise is the most cursed?

Here is some remarks by a Suns fan.

Phoenix

Lets face it. The Suns are cursed.

Lets start from the beginning,..

Suns lose the coin flip and miss out on Kareem and boom, championships lost right off the bat.

Suns finally get to the finals in 76, during the Celtics dynasty days, lost the triple OT game after the shot that was heard around the world...and lose the finals. (Another championship lost.)

Suns get back to the finals in 93, unfortunately the beginning of the Bulls dynasty also got to the finals that year. (Another championship lost)

Suns sign Penny Hardaway to a ridiculous contract. Microfracture surgery destroys the "back court 2000" idea and Suns become mediocre.

Suns sign Googs, which ends up becoming one of the worst moves of all time in the NBA.

Suns lose Jason Kidd to a broken leg, KJ comes out of retirement, leads the Suns past the Spurs in the first round, unfortunately the beginning of the Lakers 3 peat team was waiting for them in the 2nd round. (Maybe not a championship caliber team, but it was still worth mentioning.)

Jerry Colangigio sells the team to Robert Sarver. NOOOOOOOOOOO

Suns win the best record in the NBA in 05, and then lose Joe Johnson to a bad fall on a bad foul and lose to the Spurs in the conference finals. (Another championship lost for sure, Suns destroyed the East that year.)

Suns lose Amare Stoudemire to microfracture injury for the year, yet STILL win 54 games, win the 2nd seed in the West and get back into the conference finals in 06.

Suns get screwed against the Spurs in 07 with the suspensions to Amare and Diaw, almost won game 5 still, but ended up losing the series.

Suns trade for Shaq, let D'antoni walk, and Hire Porter, completely disrupting the offense.

The next thing could be if Amare walks.

Portland

Portland TrailBlazers

1972, had the first Pick and Took Larue Martin instead of DR J!!!!

1978 had the first pick and took Mychal Thompson instead of LARRY BIRD!!!

1984, Had second pick and took Sam Bowie instead of MICHAEL JORDAN!!!!.
    Also losing game 7 when up 15 in the 4th.

LA Clippers

Had the top pick twice in the draft and there reward was in :

1988 Danny Manning
    1998 Michael Olowokandi

They get the #2 pick in 1995 in Antonio Mcdyess but he ends up in Denver
    They select Darius Miles with the 3rd pick in 2000 and well we know what happens with him.
    They pick Shaun Livingston in 2004 and then he gets a virtually career ending injury

And then it takes essentially 30 years to just make the 2nd round of the playoffs.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAC/

Indiana Pacers
    Indiana Pacers

This was a team that was pretty good in the 90's and for the most part in 2004 and 2005. The 90's they couldn't overcome the Bulls. At times they would beat or lose to the Knicks and then have to worry about the Magic and other good teams. Their best chance was in 1999 when they were one of the two favorites after the Bulls demantled and they lost to the 8th seeded Knicks.
    In 2000 they got to the finals and had to deal with the Lakers.
    In 2004 they had the best record in the league and had JO, Reggie and Artest and got upset by the Pistons.
    The following year in 2005 I think the Pacers had their best shot and then the brawl happened and they haven't been the same since.

Timberwolves
    No Playoffs before Garnett, no playoffs after Garnett

I'm sure there are others such as the Bucks once Kareem left, etc, but what franchise do you think has been the most cursed/unfortunate?
    Last edited by JordansBulls; 11-26-2008 at 11:10 AM.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    The Wizards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogi View Post
    The Wizards.
    Technically they have a title as they won one with the Bullets. Also they haven't really had great picks to deal with. Only one was the Kwame situation.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Yeah, the Suns have gotten the short end of the stick quite a bit. Especially in recent years.

The coin flip for Kareem would stand out though.

As well as Charles Barkley being hurt in....I forget the year. But it was one of the years the Rockets won it. We had the Rockets dead to rights from what I remember. Charles Barkley played horrible due to an ankle injury he got in practice. Missed a free throw near the end of the game that would have sealed the deal. Hakim ended up tying it, and sending it to OT, and the Rockets came back to win the series.

I think we were up 3-1.

vCash
    I think the Knicks are the most cursed and unfortunate franchise: I can go and pull COUNTLESS video on Miller singlehandily breaking the hearts of Knick fans. I can point to their draft history, hiring of Isiah Thomas, trading for stephon Malbury, to signing Eddy Curry to a big contract. Now their F.O. has totally dismantled the team in hopes of stealing a player who plays for a championship caliber franchise.

vCash
    LOL Phx should've won in 07'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Technically they have a title as they won one with the Bullets. Also they haven't really had great picks to deal with. Only one was the Kwame situation.
    They've traded away countless all-stars, and have disassembled many decent teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiss Ma Grits View Post
    I think the Knicks are the most cursed and unfortunate franchise: I can go and pull COUNTLESS video on Miller singlehandily breaking the hearts of Knick fans. I can point to their draft history, hiring of Isiah Thomas, trading for stephon Malbury, to signing Eddy Curry to a big contract. Now their F.O. has totally dismantled the team in hopes of stealing a player who plays for a championship caliber franchise.
    Ok, Reggie hitting shots isn't the Knicks being unfortunate, its called bad defense. Hiring Isiah isn't unlucky or cursed, its called bad management. That's not being cursed, that's just plain and simple bad management.

I voted Jazz, because I think had MJ not been around, they very well might have won 2 titles, instead, they got blanked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

vCash
    Where are the Grizzlies?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Where are the Grizzlies?
    They haven't been cursed, they're just bad.
    i don't like girls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by superkegger View Post
    Ok, Reggie hitting shots isn't the Knicks being unfortunate, its called bad defense. Hiring Isiah isn't unlucky or cursed, its called bad management. That's not being cursed, that's just plain and simple bad management.

I voted Jazz, because I think had MJ not been around, they very well might have won 2 titles, instead, they got blanked.
    As a Jazz fan, I agree with what you said.

The Timberwolves had some pretty bad luck, but alot of it has to do wth management.
    Trading Brandon Roy for Randy Foy on draft nigh was one.
    And if my memory serves me correct they have been screwed over in the lottery, most recently last season when they had the worst record (maybe 2nd worst) and ended up getting the 4th pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sport View Post
    As a Jazz fan, I agree with what you said.

The Timberwolves had some pretty bad luck, but alot of it has to do wth management.
    Trading Brandon Roy for Randy Foy on draft nigh was one.
    And if my memory serves me correct they have been screwed over in the lottery, most recently last season when they had the worst record (maybe 2nd worst) and ended up getting the 4th pick.
    but just about every nba team can say they were really unlucky at some point when it comes to the lottery.

And the twolves like a lot of teams, that were "unlucky" made poor decisions, like the Joe Smith deal. That's not bad luck, thats terrible management.

The roy for foye though, that was unlucky.
    i don't like girls

vCash
    the mavs

Reed Doughty - A gentleman and a scholar

vCash
    Clippers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by superkegger View Post
    but just about every nba team can say they were really unlucky at some point when it comes to the lottery.

And the twolves like a lot of teams, that were "unlucky" made poor decisions, like the Joe Smith deal. That's not bad luck, thats terrible management.

The roy for foye though, that was unlucky.
    It just seems like the Wolves get ****ed constantly by the lottery.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast