Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Luckiest Franchise of all time is whom?

Voters
645. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lakers

303 46.98%
  • Celtics

52 8.06%
  • Bulls

164 25.43%
  • Pistons

3 0.47%
  • Spurs

50 7.75%
  • Rockets

11 1.71%
  • Sixers

5 0.78%
  • Bucks

7 1.09%
  • Warriors

3 0.47%
  • Heat

41 6.36%
  • Sonics

6 0.93%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Lakers and Celtics should not be discussed in this Matters tough.

One thing is Beating the Odds for a Pick and then winning a Couple Ships, like Spurs ( curious no one has mentioned it, Spurs getting #1 in the only year they had a bad season in a whole decade...)

You can call luck too when the guy before you in the draft makes a horrible Decision and that gives you the player that leads you to multiple Championships.

But Lakers or Celtics? No man, that is called GOOD MANAGEMENT.

Its more than Probable that Jerry West and Specially Red Auerbach are the Wisest Gms ever in the league, luck does not have to do anything with that.

Luck does not bring you rings in every decade but 90s (Celtics) or in every Decade but 60s (Lakers).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    That's the point. When you are already a good team and you still end up with the #1 pick 2 out of 3 years to get even better is simply luck. Name another franchise that has had top picks like that while being good and having the picks actually be hall of fame players as well?
    Spurs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    That's the point. When you are already a good team and you still end up with the #1 pick 2 out of 3 years to get even better is simply luck. Name another franchise that has had top picks like that while being good and having the picks actually be hall of fame players as well?
    I think that is what the poster you quoted is trying to say. It was not luck. It was roster management. Getting the first pick over was not luck back then. If they did the lottery as they do now and the Lakers got the first pick, that would be luck (more like a rigging) But they got those picks by smart roster moves

vCash
    Lakers they always seem to attract the good players! I dont know how or why but it always happens!

vCash
    If your going by success, I would have to say Chicago, Los Angeles and Boston in no order.

As far as unluckiest, that would be my Utah Jazz for having to play Jordan and the Bulls in the finals.

If it wasnt for him, Malone and Stockton would have like 2-3 titles.

vCash
    ^Utah Jazz should not have many complaints since they grabbed Karl Malone at a very low Pick, Stockton at an even LOWER pick , and Deron with a lower pick after Bucks messed it up with Bogut.

vCash
    The Lakers definitely are the "luckiest" team.

vCash
    bulls. they got the greatest player to ever step foot in the NBA on the 2nd pick.
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas 2. Kendrick Lamar 3. Jay-Z 4. J Cole 5. Lupe Fiasco 6. Pusha-T 7. Kanye West 8. Eminem 9. Drake 10. Wale

Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac 2. Nas 3. Rakim 4. Notorious B.I.G. 5. Jay-Z 6. Eminem 7. KRS-One 8. Public Enemy (Chuck D) 9. Common 10. Ice Cube

Follow me, @bharjan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE CLAW View Post
    ^Utah Jazz should not have many complaints since they grabbed Karl Malone at a very low Pick, Stockton at an even LOWER pick , and Deron with a lower pick after Bucks messed it up with Bogut.
    I was talking about success in terms of Championships and things like that.

Yes, The Jazz got lucky on some of their picks, I agree.

Although, I was a huge fan of Bogut coming out of Utah and disliked Williams coming out of Illinois

But what the hell do I know.

No complaints now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IversonIsKrazy View Post
    bulls. they got the greatest player to ever step foot in the NBA on the 2nd pick.
    Actually Jordan slipped to the 3rd pick. It was Olajuwon, Bowie, then Jordan. But he wasnt the best player at the time he was above average no doubt about it but no one thought he was going to be the basketball god! But drafting isnt everything. I mean there were free agents along the way and trades there is no way the bulls are the luckiest. Lakers by far they've gotten luck at almost every draft pick they've taken and they've made trades that make no sense like (Gasol for Kwame?, Braynt(Chosen 13th?) then traded to LA from Charlotte for Vlade Divac(who eventually returned), Shaq was signed to a giant contract also later on signing Payton, Malone, and FIscher! How could that not be more lucky then the bulls!

vCash
    ^Yes in Fact on his first Years of Ncaa Jordan was not the first option on the team it was James Worthy.

vCash
    Bulls. they wouldn't be nothing without Jordan.

vCash
    Lakers would have still won rings without luck .

vCash
    gotta be the spurs. Getting Duncan when they had the admiral? That's the definition of luck. Manu and Parker going from late picks to allstars? There's at least some luck there. What if David Robinson never got hurt? We'd be talking about the Duncan-Pierce led Celtic Dynasty right now. That's luck.

vCash
    Orlando Magic, two first picks in a row, the second after missing the Playoffs because of Point differencials in a direct game with the Pacers.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast