Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    The knee bugs you in what way?

As for the back: If you don't think it's some sort of spine problem, but rather a persistent muscle ache, I'd go with a little cocktail of medications that I've learned about. Depending on the severity, I'd say the max dose would be:

two 500mg Tylenol (acetaminophen)
    three 200mg Motrin (ibuprofen)

But you can start out with one and two, respectively. Just try to see what works for you, as those two will help a lot with the inflammation of the muscles in your back.
    Uhm, you know that big bump on your knee where it bends? (don't know any technical terms) Well under it, is another bump and it pains me so that I can't run as fast or jump as high and I tend to limp after/during ball practices.
    Toronto Raptors ~ Miami Heat ~ Los Angeles Lakers

~ ~

vCash
    After going to the gym and doing something that involves the legs/running or playing a game of basketball, the area right below my knee cap (I dont know what the specific area is called, I would say its right here though [area circled in blue]) always aches. Basically, after doing whatever activity I was doing, it hurts when I bend it or try to keep it straight and its a huge pain in the ***. Also, sometimes it starts to hurt when I am sitting down for an extended period of time, like about an hour+ or so. I've probably had this pain for a couple months, thought it would just go away.
    Last edited by NYMetros; 11-24-2008 at 09:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    After going to the gym and doing something that involves the legs/running or playing a game of basketball, the area right below my knee cap (I dont know what the specific area is called) always aches. Basically, after doing whatever activity I was doing, it hurts when I bend it or try to keep it straight and its a huge pain in the ***. Also, sometimes it starts to hurt when I am sitting down for an extended period of time, like about an hour+ or so. I've probably had this pain for a couple months, thought it would just go away.
    I had a similar problem when i was younger. After awhile it just went away for me. There were days where it was so bad that i could not walk for half of the day. I had a few braces and stuff, and just specifically worked out my right knee, and eventually it wore off.

My knee actually pops out of its socket when i'm running sometimes. It used to happen all the time, now its just once every few weeks or something. I can pop my knee out of its socket whenever i want to actually

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    My knee actually pops out of its socket when i'm running sometimes. It used to happen all the time, now its just once every few weeks or something. I can pop my knee out of its socket whenever i want to actually
    Thats cool, I guess.

Glad everything worked out for you.

vCash
    Thats cool, I guess.

Glad everything worked out for you.
    Yeah, it is pretty cool. I haven't tried to do it in awhile, because it hurts like crazy.

Thats kinda off topic, but yeah, just try and work your knees out.

vCash
    After going to the gym and doing something that involves the legs/running or playing a game of basketball, the area right below my knee cap (I dont know what the specific area is called, I would say its right here though [area circled in blue]) always aches. Basically, after doing whatever activity I was doing, it hurts when I bend it or try to keep it straight and its a huge pain in the ***. Also, sometimes it starts to hurt when I am sitting down for an extended period of time, like about an hour+ or so. I've probably had this pain for a couple months, thought it would just go away.

I have something very similar to what you have too. I have patellar tendinitis in my right knee and it sucks because i have to wear a knee brace to dull the pain whenever I play basketball or tennis. At first I don't feel anything, but after I finish or take a break from physical activity, this pain just barely below my knee cap starts to come. But you might have what I have. It takes a while for it to ever go away. I've had these symptoms for 2 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyForLife90 View Post
    I have something very similar to what you have too. I have patellar tendinitis in my right knee and it sucks because i have to wear a knee brace to dull the pain whenever I play basketball or tennis. At first I don't feel anything, but after I finish or take a break from physical activity, this pain just barely below my knee cap starts to come. But you might have what I have. It takes a while for it to ever go away. I've had these symptoms for 2 years.
    That sounds like EXACTLY what I have.

You only have to wear the brace while playing a sport, or all the time? Do you need to wear it while you sleep?

vCash
    That sounds like EXACTLY what I have.

You only have to wear the brace while playing a sport, or all the time? Do you need to wear it while you sleep?

I only use a brace when I play sports. But everything else, no. Granted though, I still feel a little pain like a soreness from time to time, even when I don't play sports. But there is no way to actually heal what I have and you might have. But try icing your knee right after you engage in activities just to avoid swelling or more pain. And do knee exercises before you do anything physical, like stretching for example.

vCash
    i have a few things

one , when im at school early in the morning and ill be standing around and ill have some really weird pressure in my knee , it doesnt hurt but its like a pressure and its just really uncomfortable and its kind of weird to walk for a bit

two , my ankles crack really really loundly whenever i walk barefoot in my house , most notably at night when its quiet my mom actually yelled at me from up stairs with the doors closed to stop cracking my knuckles but its like every step

three my knees crack really loudly and kind of hurt if i have my knee bent when im sitting for more than five minutes or so

vCash
    Let me ask you guys with the knee problems...

Would you ever explain your knee as "squeaking"?

vCash
    no just cracking .. alot

vCash
    No, I just have a never ending soreness around my right knee. What do you mean by Squeaking? As in like a door sqeaking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    Let me ask you guys with the knee problems...

Would you ever explain your knee as "squeaking"?
    A little, yes. When I try to bend it 90 degrees up or down in a quick motion.
    Last edited by NYMetros; 11-24-2008 at 10:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    i have a few things

one , when im at school early in the morning and ill be standing around and ill have some really weird pressure in my knee , it doesnt hurt but its like a pressure and its just really uncomfortable and its kind of weird to walk for a bit

two , my ankles crack really really loundly whenever i walk barefoot in my house , most notably at night when its quiet my mom actually yelled at me from up stairs with the doors closed to stop cracking my knuckles but its like every step

three my knees crack really loudly and kind of hurt if i have my knee bent when im sitting for more than five minutes or so
    About your cracking joints...

Sometimes joints make huge cracking sounds because they are rubbing together improperly, meaning the muscles aren't separating them that great. If you work out, you're probably putting a lot of stress on the muscles (and joints) and mostly intend to strengthen the muscles. I would start focusing on streeeeetching the muscles. A great example of that exercise would be some sort of yoga. Try stretching or something simple every morning. Do you ever notice that when you do things that require strength in your fingers, your knuckles crack waaay easier?

Another suggestion would be to increase the magnesium in your diet. Magnesium is essential for the synthesis of hyaluronic acid, which cushions and lubricates connective tissue.

**But please, please check with your doctor before you start going to find supplements or whatever. Just give a simple call or something. This goes for everyone.**

vCash
    exact same thing i have.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast