Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    Speech pathologist?

I think I know a few people doing that.
    yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragun View Post
    Not really a lock up but it feels like its jammed.

Right under my knee cap.
    Patellar tendonitis. I have had it. RICE it.
    Last edited by WindyCityFlyer; 11-24-2008 at 06:57 PM.

vCash
    Giventofly, you and I need to run this thread I LOVE solving medical problems. I am on webmd and other sites everyday researching stuff.
    Last edited by WindyCityFlyer; 11-24-2008 at 06:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    Patellar tendonitis. I have had it. RICE it.
    http://photos.the-protagonist.net/al...smine_rice.jpg

vCash
    Fried Rice pwns.

vCash
    I dont think it is but since we have this I guess I will ask.

When undressing for a shower I discovered a SEVERE BRUISE. Wasnt even blur or purple, it was black! Well it also accompanied something sticking out of my groin type area. Perfect example of a hernia...

Well IT NEVER HURT. I continued work and play as I normally would, and no pain or discomfort. After about a week the bruise went away, and 2 weeks after that the thing sticking out went away.

Did I just overdue it one too many times or is this a minor hernia that will flare back up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dburch1102 View Post
    I dont think it is but since we have this I guess I will ask.

When undressing for a shower I discovered a SEVERE BRUISE. Wasnt even blur or purple, it was black! Well it also accompanied something sticking out of my groin type area. Perfect example of a hernia...

Well IT NEVER HURT. I continued work and play as I normally would, and no pain or discomfort. After about a week the bruise went away, and 2 weeks after that the thing sticking out went away.

Did I just overdue it one too many times or is this a minor hernia that will flare back up?
    Like...near the pelvis region? Or near the testicle region?

Either one is probably crappy, and I wouldn't ignore it at all.

Any heavy lifting or sprains you can remember in that area?

vCash
    Are you a runner? Or just sports every once in a while?
    not really a runner but i play basketball very often.

vCash
    pelvis region

I lift stuff all day long, but I dont really strain. Nothing out of the ordinary or normal. I dont imagine I would lift anything over 50 pounds at a time and always do it safely.

We had a guy at work have this same problem but it was in his stomach and not in his pelvic section. They just put him on light duty...problem is there is no light duty right now, its a layoff (and I dont make enough unemployment)

10. 11-24-2008, 07:10 PM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragun View Post
    not really a runner but i play basketball very often.
    Well, like WCF said, it's probably some sort of patellar (knee) tendinitis. Although I'd still have it checked out to make sure there's no real structural damage.

I'm pretty sure I'd rather have that than shin splints though. Good thing you're not feeling pain along your shins.

vCash
    pelvis region

I lift stuff all day long, but I dont really strain. Nothing out of the ordinary or normal. I dont imagine I would lift anything over 50 pounds at a time and always do it safely.

We had a guy at work have this same problem but it was in his stomach and not in his pelvic section. They just put him on light duty...problem is there is no light duty right now, its a layoff (and I dont make enough unemployment)
    Well, straining probably increases the chances of hernia, but I'm not sure that it's completely necessary.

My friend got a hernia in his stomach from lifting a bowling ball.....what a wuss, right? Had to have it removed. Sounds exactly like what your buddy has.

I'd get it looked at.

13. 11-24-2008, 07:14 PM

14. 11-24-2008, 07:16 PM

vCash
    Well, straining probably increases the chances of hernia, but I'm not sure that it's completely necessary.

My friend got a hernia in his stomach from lifting a bowling ball.....what a wuss, right? Had to have it removed. Sounds exactly like what your buddy has.

I'd get it looked at.
    Well see my friend went to the doctor and they told him it was just a strain/partial tear type thing. I have spoken to probably 50 people (and none of them doctors so take that with a grain of salt) and they said that I would be experiencing some sort of pain, especially the field of work I am currently in.

Also there are ways at home to kind of check that I have been told that have also not pointed to a hernia... I dunno. Dont really have the money to go to the doctor right now... and the bulge is gone. I dunno

vCash
    Well see my friend went to the doctor and they told him it was just a strain/partial tear type thing. I have spoken to probably 50 people (and none of them doctors so take that with a grain of salt) and they said that I would be experiencing some sort of pain, especially the field of work I am currently in.

Also there are ways at home to kind of check that I have been told that have also not pointed to a hernia... I dunno. Dont really have the money to go to the doctor right now... and the bulge is gone. I dunno
    I really wouldn't worry about it until something else flares up, or if you begin to experience pain in that region again.
    Last edited by WindyCityFlyer; 11-24-2008 at 07:22 PM.

vCash
    Ragun, there are these braces you can buy at any sporting store. Here is one from dicks.

Link

Looks like nothing but they actually help.

vCash

Well if you're feeling confident and it doesn't bother you much, then do what you gotta do.

You'll have to excuse my extremely conservative approach on health though....I'm not a hypochondriac, I just wouldn't want something sticking out of me. Maybe put some money aside every week to get it looked at, especially if it pops out again.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast