Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Land of the Free and the Home of The Whopper
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo0775 View Post
    I'm starting up a diet/workout plan (again). I've had some huge success losing weight. I lost close to 50 lbs after football, but a summer of inactivity and an injury in rugby that next fall put me back into poor habits and I gained it all back. I'm currently looking to lose at least 50 lbs again, and I'm taking a bit different approach this time than before.

The first time I did, my metabolism was incredibly high still from just ending football, so I dropped something like 30 lbs in a month and a half just because I didn't need the 4500-5000+ calories a day I needed in football. Now, however, I'll probably have to spend another 2-3 months to get my metabolism back to where it needs to be for serious fat burning. I'm back on a workout plan that's similar to what I did in football training but is more physique oriented vs. strength oriented. Because I'm looking to gain muscle, I've also jumped into using whey protein (which really pains me because I was so against any kind of supplement when I was in HS). I'll keep you guys updated as I move forward to both keep me honest to my routine and to show off how jacked I may be
    whey protein is great, but don't take it in excess, you might damage your kidneys...

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull"
    -WC Fields
    Common sense is only common in those born with actual sense - BloodHawk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    you're 5'8" 260?

i'm 5'8" about 150-155... can you spare some excess muscle?
    Ditto. I bulk up to around 163 in the heart of the winter, and get scaled back to 155 in my trim summer season.

vCash
    A shaving question. After I shave, there is a rash, only on my chin, of little white bumps. They only show up on my chin and I dont treat that any differently than any other area on my face. Anyone come across this?

Sig Provided by LeoGetz25

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WavelandAve View Post
    A shaving question. After I shave, there is a rash, only on my chin, of little white bumps. They only show up on my chin and I dont treat that any differently than any other area on my face. Anyone come across this?
    Maybe you ate at the wrong Y.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodhawk View Post
    whey protein is great, but don't take it in excess, you might damage your kidneys...
    im not sure you could drink enough protein to damage your kidneys.

whey protein has never been linked to kidney damage.

maybe if you already have kidney problems, you should use moderation. but normal people will not cause kidney damage by taking excess whey protein. Worse case scenerio, there wasting there money by taking to much.
    Last edited by rawz; 06-05-2009 at 05:30 AM.

vCash
    Whey protein is not the cause of kidney problems more than any other protein, but if you already get enough protein and are looking to supplement, be sure to keep your water intake high and your carb intake at least fairly high. Over-supplementing with protein over a long period of time will damage the kidneys, as most Americans already get 2 to 2 1/2 times the protein they need.

Decent article: http://www.doctoryourself.com/kidney2.html

vCash
    http://www.mens-total-fitness.com/pr...formation.html

http://www.mens-total-fitness.com/wh...e-effects.html

"Taking protein at high doses as never been linked to kidney failure.

There are absolutely no documented or recorded whey protein side effects. Whey is derived from milk during cheese manufacturing so itís totally safe to consume. It is a natural food substance and is as safe to take as milk itself!"

Quote from article as provided by above link.

vCash
    can you get an std from a bbbj?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadarn View Post
    can you get an std from a bbbj?
    Depends on the STD. I believe I have read that you can get herpes if the girl has oral herpes (cold sores) and has an open sore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UofAZ420 View Post
    I have a question regarding my new eating habits that I'm kind of worried about.

Over the last two months or so my appetite has gone down considerably. One time I was up on Adderall for like 30 hours in a row staying up to study for a mid-term, and since I was on the Adderall I didn't eat for like 45 hours just because that stuff takes away all my hunger.

Ever since I can never eat that much. I try not to but once or twice a week without realizing it I'll go 15 to 30 hours without eating. I try to not make a habit of this though. And even when I eat regularly for a while I can rarely finish a meal. At times halfway through a meal I'll feel real full and feel like throwing up ( sometimes I actually do, rare though). Other times I'll feel my body being extremely hungry but no food sounds good or appetizing so I wait a while longer and somehow I can just forget that I'm hungry and don't realize it till the next morning when I think " holy crap, I just realized I haven't eaten in 24 hours

At first I thought it was just my stomach shrinking but there are a few days when I eat a normal amount and nothing changes and it's been like this for a while. I do smoke weed multiple times a day though so i don't know if my stomach is relying on just getting hungry when I smoke (don't know if that's even possible but a lot of the times I have to smoke just so I feel up to eating that one meal some days).

Anyways, does anyone know what I should do? is this unhealthy? should I be worried? Should I embrace it ?

Just guessing from your sig it might have to do with that green plant.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsGirl View Post
    Depends on the STD. I believe I have read that you can get herpes if the girl has oral herpes (cold sores) and has an open sore.
    The sore doesn't even have to be open to spread it.

vCash
    Since I woke up today/yesterday (weird sleeping pattern at the moment), I've had some knee pain. It's been aching when I'm sitting or lying down, and really hurts when I'm getting up out of a chair.

It feels like some sort of ligament. It's on the inside/top of both knee caps. Anyone know what it could be?

I've not done a ton of excersise (although I've done some) over the last few days, and I'm not terribly overweight or anything.

vCash
    Every time I get substantial sleep (read 6+ hours for a night or 3+ for a nap), I wake up and my head is really foggy and it takes about an hour for it to clear, unless I get some coffee or 5 hour energy, which speeds up the process a bit.

I'm wondering if it's sleep apnea, and if it's depriving my brain of oxygen while I sleep? Any ideas?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwarne52 View Post
    Every time I get substantial sleep (read 6+ hours for a night or 3+ for a nap), I wake up and my head is really foggy and it takes about an hour for it to clear, unless I get some coffee or 5 hour energy, which speeds up the process a bit.

I'm wondering if it's sleep apnea, and if it's depriving my brain of oxygen while I sleep? Any ideas?
    Foggy?....you're gonna have to explain that a little better.

vCash
    I have a little trouble focusing on details and stuff. Like I could shower and brush my teeth, but if I came on the computer to post at PSD, I might start talking about batting average and RBIs.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast