Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    KNEE LIGAMENTS.
    I am a 3 sport athlete in high school (Football, Basketball, Baseball) and dislocated my knee in phy ed playing basketball. I was going to my left playing defense, then had to go my right, pushed off on my left foot, and it popped out of place. My knee cap ended up being up and to the left, the ambulance had to come get me, as no one was comfortable moving me. So now, after keeping my leg up for a long period of time, something in the back of knee starts to get tight. When ever I take the brace off to shower, my knee feels extremely loose and could pop out again at any point. Is this due to ligament damage or is it just common to feel loose after dislocating a bone? If ligament damage, which ligaments do you think I damaged and how bad? How long would it take to recover? I have a mri coming up next week, and will obviously find out more then, but just want to be ready for everything. Any info or advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Land of the Free and the Home of The Whopper
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugefan View Post
    KNEE LIGAMENTS.
    I am a 3 sport athlete in high school (Football, Basketball, Baseball) and dislocated my knee in phy ed playing basketball. I was going to my left playing defense, then had to go my right, pushed off on my left foot, and it popped out of place. My knee cap ended up being up and to the left, the ambulance had to come get me, as no one was comfortable moving me. So now, after keeping my leg up for a long period of time, something in the back of knee starts to get tight. When ever I take the brace off to shower, my knee feels extremely loose and could pop out again at any point. Is this due to ligament damage or is it just common to feel loose after dislocating a bone? If ligament damage, which ligaments do you think I damaged and how bad? How long would it take to recover? I have a mri coming up next week, and will obviously find out more then, but just want to be ready for everything. Any info or advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    I know what you are going through as I dislocated my shoulder many years back...depending upon the severity of the damage to the ligaments (the things that connect joints), it may need surgery to recover...I dislocated my left shoulder about 6 years back, and to this day, can not move it in a wrong direct (exert over normal range of motion or put weight on it and extend)...depending upon the results of the MRI, the ortho will determine the extent of damage and the need for surgery, and yes, the feeling of loose joints is common after this sort of injury due to the ligament and nerve damage and may last for several weeks if this is the first time it popped out...hope this helps

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull"
    -WC Fields
    Common sense is only common in those born with actual sense - BloodHawk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by H-MYK View Post
    Lately, when I'm trying to fall asleep, I've been getting chills, the runs, last night I threw up a little. There were times that I've been feeling anxious and jittery for no reason. It usually happens at night. Is it an anxiety problem?
    why is there anything on your bed that makes you anxious?...the chills and anxiety can mean a whole lot of things, diabetes, the onset of the flu, allergies, you are really cold, etc... w/o your age and past med hx it's hard to say what's wrong...not that I want that info anyway...go to the doctor and be specific about the symptoms and r/t characteristics such as things that make it worse, better, etc...

-WC Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchstckman View Post
    Okay I tried, both of those suggestion but no luck.

Now what?
    you have to read the meniscus (the lowest point of the downward curve) of the thermometer...

-WC Fields

vCash
    KNEE LIGAMENTS.
    One thing is that after dislocating, your muscles/tendons/ligaments are weak from being overstretched and therefore you need physical therapy or home exercises to help strengthen them. Same thing happened with my ankle, although I tore the tendons. I used to be a punter and I was afraid to punt for a good three months after I did it. I still am not as good as I was before I messed it up.

vCash
    When I masterbate to zoo books my heart feels like its going to explode/ beat out of my chest... normal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dburch1102 View Post
    When I masterbate to zoo books my heart feels like its going to explode/ beat out of my chest... normal?
    pretty much...

-WC Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dburch1102 View Post
    Which edition? Because if it's the elephants one...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsGirl View Post
    Which edition? Because if it's the elephants one...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIfn7...related...some of those elephants aren't bad...

-WC Fields

vCash

Thumbs up

no ligament damage for me. start PT tomorrow. Could be ready for first week of baseball practice which is late March.

Thanks

vCash
    no ligament damage for me. start PT tomorrow. Could be ready for first week of baseball practice which is late March.

Thanks
    Yeah you should be fine by then. The usual 4-6 weeks and you'll be around 85-90%

vCash

Thanks
    Lucky. I just dislocated my finger on Monday, so I have a Grade II sprain/strain (can't remember which, but there is ligament damage) in that finger, plus I still have the strain in my bicep.

Apparently I'm injury-prone :cry:

vCash
    I get plantars warts on my feet several times every year. I've tried many creams and they always take so long to get rid of them. Anyone know of one that gets rid of em nice and fast?

vCash
    Scalata Paint is what ive heard of

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast