Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ok for some reason whenever i go outside and theres a different climate i get needles all over my body. same when im running while theres a bit of a chill outside. It never used to happen but now it happens all the time.
    I also noticed it happens when im nervous, like at i had to speak at this party and i got needles all over.

Any Ideas?

Andy's List of Secrets

vCash
    Anyone who can help, I screwed my ankle real bad my senior year of football (about 2 years ago) and now whenever I play basketball, go on a run, play football or pretty much do anything athletic it swells up late that night and if I am doing something athletic for more than an hour or so it gets really sore.

I initially was supposed to sit out two weeks of football for it but because it was playoffs I decided to play through it. My trainer said it was only a severe sprain so it wouldn't get worse by playing on it. However when it happened I heard a pop and was practically not able to walk especially while playing football. I feel like if it was a sprain it would not have lingered for 2 years. So I was just wondering if anyone knows what hell is going on with my ankle?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    Ok for some reason whenever i go outside and theres a different climate i get needles all over my body. same when im running while theres a bit of a chill outside. It never used to happen but now it happens all the time.
    I also noticed it happens when im nervous, like at i had to speak at this party and i got needles all over.

Any Ideas?
    that kinda just sounds like stress/nervousness to me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkool65 View Post
    Anyone who can help, I screwed my ankle real bad my senior year of football (about 2 years ago) and now whenever I play basketball, go on a run, play football or pretty much do anything athletic it swells up late that night and if I am doing something athletic for more than an hour or so it gets really sore.

I initially was supposed to sit out two weeks of football for it but because it was playoffs I decided to play through it. My trainer said it was only a severe sprain so it wouldn't get worse by playing on it. However when it happened I heard a pop and was practically not able to walk especially while playing football. I feel like if it was a sprain it would not have lingered for 2 years. So I was just wondering if anyone knows what hell is going on with my ankle?
    Either re-sprained it or fluid has built up in your ankle. Ice it and get an Icy Hot wrap for your ankle. If by 2-3 days it doesn't get any better (swelling or pain) i would make an appointment with your PCP.
    New York Mets OOTP GM:

2016- 0-0 0GB 1st Place

Major Pickups: Ricky Weeks [FA], Jeremy Bonderman [Trade] Matt LaPorta [Trade] Joe Blanton [Trade] Chien-Ming Wang [Trade] Dan Haren [Trade]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post

Any Ideas?
    Any chance you are Anemic and have low Iron?
    New York Mets OOTP GM:

2016- 0-0 0GB 1st Place

Major Pickups: Ricky Weeks [FA], Jeremy Bonderman [Trade] Matt LaPorta [Trade] Joe Blanton [Trade] Chien-Ming Wang [Trade] Dan Haren [Trade]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ez_block_kibbie View Post
    Either re-sprained it or fluid has built up in your ankle. Ice it and get an Icy Hot wrap for your ankle. If by 2-3 days it doesn't get any better (swelling or pain) i would make an appointment with your PCP.
    Yeah, I have done all of that at one point or another. Initially when I hurt it the trainer had said something about there being the possibility of a chip of bone coming off of the fibula but she decided that it was a sprain instead. There isn't the possibility of it being the bone chip right? I feel like I wouldn't be able to put any weight on it right?

vCash
    Depends. If there is a bone spur, you may or may not be able to feel it. To be honest, you're better off making an appt. to your PCP if you can afford the co-pay (who knows with this ****ing economy) to get an x-ray. I would say try getting on ice and heat for a couple of days and then make that phone call unless it gets a lot worse before then.
    New York Mets OOTP GM:

2016- 0-0 0GB 1st Place

vCash
    alright. thanks a lot for your help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ez_block_kibbie View Post
    Any chance you are Anemic and have low Iron?
    I dont think so i just gave blood a couple of weeks ago and my blood strength was very good.

Andy's List of Secrets

vCash
    im having a terrible time sleeping. think im overtraining on the weights. Im taking melatonin prn for sleep. Is that ok? I know most sleep aids can be habit forming, but wasnt sure about melatonin because of its action.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    I am going to school for voice/speech therapy, so any questions related to your neck and up send them to me I know way too much anatomy...

Only voice questions or general neck related questions??

Anyway was playing football and had a helmet to helmet collision, I went to the chiropractor and he said I had some strained muscles or something and that it would take 6 to 8 weeks to be pain free... That was like 9 or ten weeks ago, sometimes when I turn my neck to the left it hurts down the right side of my neck and sometimes on the nack side of my right shoulder.. It is also hard for me to pop my neck now when before it was really easy??? Any thoughts.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucsfan View Post
    I got a question for the doctors in the house

Lately Ive been sweating at night, i mean i live in utah its below 20 every night and my house temperature is around 65-70, and i sometimes dont even have a blanket on, but lately ive been waking up and the back of my head is really sweaty, i have no idea why, i have high blood pressure but i take meds for it and this sweating thing only recently started, its starting to get really annoying waking up at 3am to a wet head and wet pillow, any ideas of why my body is doing this? i havent changed anything about my diet or anything like that recently
    Where you live in UT? Im from here too... It is freezing outside and now we have more snow.................................

vCash
    Try winding down before you lay down. If that doesnt work then try mp3's, TV, a box fan, something with noise

vCash
    This is probably an easy one.

At practice on Tuesday, I was warming up doing long throws. Afterwards, my arm felt looser than usual, and throughout practice, it felt progressively weaker. Then yesterday after warming up, it didn't hurt but it was REALLY uncomfortable and the only thing that kind of relieved the discomfort was just letting it dangle limp at my side.

It would feel fine after a little rest, but then after 5-6 throws, it would get uncomfortable unless I let it hang limp again (essentially not activating the muscles at all relieved the discomfort).

There's still no pain this morning. My assumption is that it's probably a muscle strain - is that right? And does anyone know how severe it probably is and how long I'd have to rest it for? I have a game this afternoon and then a three-day weekend, so I'm going to ice it every couple hours all weekend to try to be back to normal by Tuesday's game.

edit - Forgot to mention that when I got home yesterday, the skin on my bicep was a little red, but I can't remember if it was hot to the touch or not.
    Last edited by CubsGirl; 01-29-2009 at 12:44 PM.

vCash
    KNEE LIGAMENTS.
    I am a 3 sport athlete in high school (Football, Basketball, Baseball) and dislocated my knee in phy ed playing basketball. I was going to my left playing defense, then had to go my right, pushed off on my left foot, and it popped out of place. My knee cap ended up being up and to the left, the ambulance had to come get me, as no one was comfortable moving me. So now, after keeping my leg up for a long period of time, something in the back of knee starts to get tight. When ever I take the brace off to shower, my knee feels extremely loose and could pop out again at any point. Is this due to ligament damage or is it just common to feel loose after dislocating a bone? If ligament damage, which ligaments do you think I damaged and how bad? How long would it take to recover? I have a mri coming up next week, and will obviously find out more then, but just want to be ready for everything. Any info or advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast