Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Health Questions/Concerns

Seems like a good time to start one of these. I'll sticky it for now, as I imagine it'll get some good activity.

I'm only studying to be a pharmacist, so I'm nowhere near qualified to diagnose, but I'll be glad to help out with any questions that I can/have time for. And I know that there are a few other knowledgeable posters here as well.

If you're feeling a little embarrassed about a problem, feel free to PM me. Trust me, I don't give a damn. I've seen A LOT.

And I'm sure I don't have to say this, but there will be no insulting of other posters and their medical problems. You'd be surprised how sensitive some are about them, and it's perfectly justified.
    Last edited by giventofly; 11-24-2008 at 08:18 PM.

vCash
    can men lactate?

vCash
    My mother is a doctor, so I could ask her some of these questions as well. She specializes in Pediatrician Cardiology, but she knows the basics.

vCash
    can men lactate?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BADizzleBoY View Post
    can men lactate?
    Yes, but it's obviously not common at all.

We have mammary glands just like women, but they produce prolactin much more than we do.

In extreme cases, the pituitary gland (secretes prolactin) will be stimulated and can increase our levels. Some medications that do this are thorazine, digoxin, and some prostate cancer drugs.

vCash
    I am going to school for voice/speech therapy, so any questions related to your neck and up send them to me I know way too much anatomy...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    I am going to school for voice/speech therapy, so any questions related to your neck and up send them to me I know way too much anatomy...
    Speech pathologist?

I think I know a few people doing that.

vCash
    My right knee always bugs me after playing basketball so anything I can do about it? Also I get back pains and at times during the game. Anything I can do about that as well? Thanks.
    Toronto Raptors ~ Miami Heat ~ Los Angeles Lakers

~ ~

vCash
    does cracking your knuckles/back have any bad affects (I know the arthritis thing isn't true), but are there any bad effects from releasing the air bubbles?

vCash
    Both my knees feel like they are jammed when I play sports or even when I run. If I jump as high as I can, I have to limp after for a bit and its hurts both my knees. Any info? Thanks for the help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by _Sn1P3r_ View Post
    My right knee always bugs me after playing basketball so anything I can do about it? Also I get back pains and at times during the game. Anything I can do about that as well? Thanks.
    The knee bugs you in what way?

As for the back: If you don't think it's some sort of spine problem, but rather a persistent muscle ache, I'd go with a little cocktail of medications that I've learned about. Depending on the severity, I'd say the max dose would be:

two 500mg Tylenol (acetaminophen)
    three 200mg Motrin (ibuprofen)

But you can start out with one and two, respectively. Just try to see what works for you, as those two will help a lot with the inflammation of the muscles in your back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackCrewBuckBad View Post
    does cracking your knuckles/back have any bad affects (I know the arthritis thing isn't true), but are there any bad effects from releasing the air bubbles?
    Nope, some actually consider it to be good for you.

The only downside is doing it around someone that hates it, in which they might punch you in the nose.

I love doing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragun View Post
    Both my knees feel like they are jammed when I play sports or even when I run. If I jump as high as I can, I have to limp after for a bit and its hurts both my knees. Any info? Thanks for the help.
    Like, they just lock up?

Have you ever considered structural damage (in which case I'd go get some x-rays)?

Is the pain around your shins....or the side of the knee....or what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    Like, they just lock up?

Have you ever considered structural damage (in which case I'd go get some x-rays)?

Is the pain around your shins....or the side of the knee....or what?
    Not really a lock up but it feels like its jammed.

Right under my knee cap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragun View Post
    Not really a lock up but it feels like its jammed.

Right under my knee cap.
    Are you a runner? Or just sports every once in a while?

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast