New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

Cam Wake Thread

Wake not ruling out CFL
    It is a league with bigger players and even larger salaries. There's no way, at least on form, the B.C. Lions could possibly compete with anything an NFL team could offer Cam Wake.

It will not, coach and general manager Wally Buono said Monday, stop him from asking what it would take to work out a contract extension with the presumptive two-time CFL defensive player of the year, however.

And if Buono makes an offer prior to the formal opening of the option-year window, which would be contrary to his way of doing business in the past, Wake said he would be receptive.

"Oh yes, I would listen, without a doubt, I really would," he said.

Upon hearing again that Wake is interested in talking about a new Lions deal, Buono said he'll break a rule. He'd also have no problem making him one of the highest-paid players on the team, a position generally held for offensive players.

"Of course he's worth putting him near the top of the (pay) structure. We'll give him the whole salary cap," said Buono, who quickly made sure his questioners knew he was only speaking in jest.
    http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarp...3-774b5a000d7f

Wake on unique route to the NFL
    Brian Redden, the man entrusted with selling Cam Wake, says things would be a lot easier if his client had followed a more conventional route to the NFL.

"You'd look at the draft position," says Redden, Wake's Cincinnati-based agent. "Say it's 124th (late-fourth round). That slot got X last year. So this year it's X plus six per cent or whatever.

"But that's not the case here."

No, that's not the case because Wake, the B.C. Lions defensive end who is expected to be named the CFL's outstanding defensive player tonight for the second year in a row, doesn't exactly fall into a nice, neat category for the NFL.

On the one hand, he went undrafted in 2005, in his first exposure to the Big League, and failed in a subsequent free-agent tryout with the New York Giants. On the other hand, the 26-year-old Penn State product is coming off a year in which he recorded 23 sacks for the Lions in 18 games and established himself as the most exciting NFL prospect to come out of the CFL in a decade.

So what is he? Well, that depends on who you talk to but know this about Wake: The NFL is vitally interested in discovering what he will become and that will make the next couple of months very interesting as talent evaluators examine Wake and the kid from the Washington, D.C., area examines his options.

"I'd say two-thirds of the league has shown significant interest," says Redden. "That's 22, 23 teams and maybe half of those have been a little more aggressive."

"I project college players into the NFL," says Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN's draft guru who, like most everyone in his business, is familiar with Wake's story. "You're asking me to project a guy who was in the '05 draft, who was out of football for a year and who's now 26. I can't do it. You don't get do-overs in the draft."

Maybe not. But, against long odds, Wake has earned a second look from the NFL following his two brilliant seasons in Canada.

His strengths are obvious: off-the-charts athleticism, a non-stop motor, an unimpeachable work ethic. Combine that with 39 sacks in 36 games over the last two years and it's easy to see why he's drawn so much NFL interest.

"I guess you could make the case that if he played 10 games in college the way he played the first 10 games of the season, there's a good chance he'd be a first- or second-round guy," says Redden.

Except it's not that easy. As much as Wake dominated the CFL, it's hard to project what his game will translate to at a higher level. There's a size issue -- at 6-foot-3, 255 pounds, Wake would be among the NFL's smallest defensive ends. And a position issue -- many NFLers believe he has to play as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 defence.

"He hasn't been facing tackles the calibre of (Seahawks Pro Bowler) Walter Jones up there," says Will Lewis, Seattle's director of pro scouting and a former CFL player. "I don't think he'll be as productive but, athletically, he's improved himself."

"He is an undersized pass rusher that probably isn't a great fit as a linebacker, but he may be able to play in a 3-4," says a talent evaluator from an NFC East team. "I'm sure someone will try to sign him as a situational pass rusher."
    http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...b-dea01ed1c5a1

Even though I'm an Alouettes fan, gotta be really happy with my dude Burris--Temple's own Henry Burris winning the cup

Thanks BostonRichie!

THE #1 Ranked BU Hockey Terriers 23-5-4 2008-2009 Beanpot Champs

Quote Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
    Even though I'm an Alouettes fan, gotta be really happy with my dude Burris--Temple's own Henry Burris winning the cup
    Didn't know you were a CFL fan

Should post sometime

Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Didn't know you were a CFL fan

Should post sometime
    I've watched a few games, but I dont know much about the CFL. I love Montreal, it's the closest team to me, and I've been there while playoffs/Cup whatever were going on, but I havent been to a game yet. My dude in Sask is a huuuuuuuge Riders fan (as you could imagine), and paid like $20 to watch a single game while at school at BU. I watched a little with him.

Thanks BostonRichie!

THE #1 Ranked BU Hockey Terriers 23-5-4 2008-2009 Beanpot Champs

nice

i want be to sign him again

it would be a huge loss

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

Quote Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
    I've watched a few games, but I dont know much about the CFL. I love Montreal, it's the closest team to me, and I've been there while playoffs/Cup whatever were going on, but I havent been to a game yet. My dude in Sask is a huuuuuuuge Riders fan (as you could imagine), and paid like $20 to watch a single game while at school at BU. I watched a little with him.
    post here more often

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

Clermont and Roberts cut

jason clearmont (slot back)
    charles roberts (half back)

were cut today accroding to province newspaper

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

i liked clearmont

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

I don't like - or get this move at all. Its not like he sucks or we can't use him. Hes a great third option for a QB and is Canadian which is always a bonus.

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/st...-clermont.html

This was a very difficult decision and an equally difficult day for the BC Lions Football Club," Lions general manager and head coach Wally Buono

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

im pretty chocked

both are great players

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM