Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    wow dempster pitched great for us and you guys are upset he's coming back?
    If it's at more than 4/$50M yes. It's too risky to give him so much money. I personally LOVE Demp, don't want to pay out the *** to keep him though.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    So this is a completely different than the title of this thread.

Everyone, off the ledge.
    Nope, title of the thread is fine

Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    Gotta keep it simple.

I'm sure you would have rather I used testicles?
    apparently you thought I was buckwheat.
    So no, no thanks.

vCash
    i hope that he leaves...i personally don't think he's worth 12 million+/year after one good season.

if we were to get Peavy, we would lock up top two spots in the rotation for few years to come, use the money on offense, and be able to build up the farm to sustain a long term successful team...let him go

vCash
    I think it is important to remember what a clubhouse presence Dempster has been by all accounts. I think it's even more important now that he is a part of the rotation. Everyone on the team looks to him as a leader and his humor, etc. is well documented. That doesn;t mean I want to pay through the nose for him, but I do think it's an important dynamic to add to a long season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobTheAutomator View Post
    I think it is important to remember what a clubhouse presence Dempster has been by all accounts. I think it's even more important now that he is a part of the rotation. Everyone on the team looks to him as a leader and his humor, etc. is well documented. That doesn;t mean I want to pay through the nose for him, but I do think it's an important dynamic to add to a long season
    You don't justify un-wise financial and team moves with a "he's a good clubhouse presence"- you just can't do that

vCash
    All this report means is that Dempster will make his decision on the Cubs offer in the next two days. So he will either reject it and sign with someone else(this week or at some point), or resign with us. It's still no lock that Dempster resigns with us, especially with bigger offers most likely on the table.

vCash
    I agree, which is why I said it's an important dynamic. Not the only one, not the top 3, but one I have yet to see in any discussions regarding Demp. I think it has to be in the equation, no?

vCash
    "Come on (Demp), take the money and run"......elsewhere!! He pitched well for us, but this is a classic 1 year wonder situation. Sign Derek Lowe (groundball machine) for 2 years, 24 mill instead

vCash
    if you've noticed pitching hasnt gotten cheaper over the past few offseasons. 12 million dollars is pretty good imo... granted pitching contracts among others should change a little with the economy but I doubt it will too much.

vCash
    Dempster brings a lot to the clubhouse too. We need people like him back there to keep people loose and be a leader. We already lost Wood, lets not lose another vocal leader. That will leave us with only Lee and media-expert DeRosa.

vCash
    I like this, we get his decision on the 4/50, which is as high as I'm personally willing to go, and if he accepts that's nice if he doesn't we move on. Simple, clean, and quick. I love it.

vCash
    i say sign him to the 5 with partial no trade clause and have it like 7 mill with incentices up to twelve a year or more win win for everyone if demp thinks he can perform as he did so last year

vCash
    Don't like this at all. 50 plus million for a 1 good year pitcher that can't win on the road, and choked when it counted. I am for saying good bye Dempster. Besides he is 37 years old?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the coach View Post
    Don't like this at all. 50 plus million for a 1 good year pitcher that can't win on the road, and choked when it counted. I am for saying good bye Dempster. Besides he is 37 years old?
    I am all for letting him go as well. Its just too much money.

But he is only 31. A 4 year 50 million dollar contract at 37 would be hilarious.

Sig Provided by LeoGetz25

vCash
    I just think we need speed. Lefthanded speed even better. I also realize that when you have a chance to land a Peavy, and he wants to be a Cub, then you must go at him hard. I would think that DLee has to be a player in that deal. I would start thinking the 3rd team to be a AL team.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast