Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Best place for DeRosa

No doubt Mark DeRosa was one of the best players for the Cubs last year and Chicago seems to love him. I'm interested in where other fans see him playing as the best fit...Super Utilityman, Second Base or Right Field...maybe another option...your thoughts?

vCash
    Second base.
    lol nothing matters

vCash
    2nd base.

ONE GOAL ACHIEVED!
    1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013

vCash
    I say we clone him and make him play all 8 except pitcher

vCash
    2nd base, his numbers suck at RF compared to league average. And if you make him a Super Sub, that means you are going to do somethign stupid and get roberts or sign furcal

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Some REALLY dumb things would have to happen to prevent DeRosa from a starting role on the team next year.

If we sign a Furcal-type shortstop, he will start at 2b. If we trade for someone like Roberts, he will be the RF/Utility.

There's really no good circumstance I can plainly see where he fits into the Super-utility role. Theriot should be put into that spot WAY before DeRosa is considered.

I want him at 2b, end of story. Sign a RF or get a better shortstop, DeRosa is in no need of any upgrade at second.

vCash
    2nd Base, easily.

His production just isn't good enough for RF, but is above average at 2B.

vCash
    I tend to like the slight utility role. let me explain...

Derosa is probably goin to play around 150 games. Sound fair?

75 @ 2b...allows Fontenot to get some valuable time.
    75 @ 3B, SS, RF, 1B combined. Injuries will occur, Mark gives us roster flexibility. We have a solid backup at 2B (fontenot). We do not have solid backups at the other positions (Cedeno is the only minor exception).

In this scenario, DeRo is still a "starter", but also fills the "utility-supersub" role. Why can't he do both? I know he might eb happier playing only 2B, but is his happiness more important than the Cubs' success?

Until backups are found for every position where the backup + DeRo is better than Fontenot + DeRo, keep him as utility.

vCash
    i just hope he doesnt start too may in games this year that would make him classifeid as a right fielder for the type a and type b rankings. if hes at second he should be a type a but if hes in right field more than second hed only be a type b probably. for this too happen though he would have to start ALOT in right. just something to think about i guess

vCash
    2nd base, unless maybe he could still handle shortstop in which case that would be best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier420 View Post
    i just hope he doesnt start too may in games this year that would make him classifeid as a right fielder for the type a and type b rankings. if hes at second he should be a type a but if hes in right field more than second hed only be a type b probably. for this too happen though he would have to start ALOT in right. just something to think about i guess
    This is very hard to understand, are you smoking your avatar?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilly Bohnson View Post
    2nd base, unless maybe he could still handle shortstop in which case that would be best.
    I like him at 2nd also, I just wish we had three left handed bats in the line-up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat69 View Post
    no doubt mark derosa was one of the best players for the cubs last year and chicago seems to love him. I'm interested in where other fans see him playing as the best fit...super utilityman, second base or right field...maybe another option...your thoughts?
    ss
    "...Like brothers in arms, in the streets and the stands..." - Eddie Vedder

vCash
    use him as we did last year. start him at 2nd base and have him move around if someone gets hurt. i dont think he has enough range to play SS

vCash
    2B easily but, im gonna argue for RF so we can put the puppy loving Fontz in at 2B, cuz hes the cats pajamas.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast