Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cubans bid not enough

This really sucks and i dont know how SI could know this since the bids are closed. But apparently Cuban didnt have a high enough bid anyways. Which i think is a load of crap to try to draw away from the fact that Selig wouldnt let him buy them.

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/hot_stove/posts/24422

vCash
    I would say this is the least of his worries right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I would say this is the least of his worries right now.
    Oh, you mean that $1-$3M fine? I'm sure he's quaking in his boots!

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    No, I think the possibility of facing an indictment and a prison sentence is a big deal to Cuban.

vCash
    He never relly had a legitimate shot anyways.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    No it's probably the fact that he's been interviewed already, and like Martha Stewart if he lied, he's going to the boom boom room. If he didn't lie to authorities yes it's just a fine. But if he did, it's obstruction of justice, and lying to the fed, that's boom boom in his boom boom time, in the big house.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkize31 View Post
    No, I think the possibility of facing an indictment and a prison sentence is a big deal to Cuban.
    That won't happen, IMO.

He didn't try to hide it like Martha did, and she committed perjury.

The SEC will handle it, nothing more then a large fine.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    No it's probably the fact that he's been interviewed already, and like Martha Stewart if he lied, he's going to the boom boom room. If he didn't lie to authorities yes it's just a fine. But if he did, it's obstruction of justice, and lying to the fed, that's boom boom in his boom boom time, in the big house.
    Damn you, beat me to it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkize31 View Post
    i think you are wrong. I heard that since its only a civil suit he wont have to face jail time.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    um pretty sure your wrong. I head since its only a civil suit he wont have to face jail time.
    Its only a civil suit now but it could certainly turn into a criminal suit if the SEC finds out he lied.

vCash
    i think you are wrong. I heard that since its only a civil suit he wont have to face jail time.
    Yea read the whole thread. At the present time that's all he's facing. Much like Martha Stewart at the start. Just a fine. Then the fed stepped in and said you lied ot us, and that's obstruction of justice. That's prison time. That very well could happen here.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    well being interviewed means nothing on obstruction of justice charges. He has to have been under oath for it to get to that level. I have no idea of federal officers have required him to sign a sworn statement or anything like that.

OOTP TKO League Milwaukee Brewers 2010-2032:
    2011-1655, .549 Win %
    10 NL Central Titles, 2 Wild Card 12 Total Playoff Appearances
    1 World Series Title (2021)

Now you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet: I will end you.

-Malcolm Reynolds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Str1fe5 View Post
    well being interviewed means nothing on obstruction of justice charges. He has to have been under oath for it to get to that level. I have no idea of federal officers have required him to sign a sworn statement or anything like that.
    I doubt we would know unless criminal charges are filed.

vCash
    who cares? the insider trading just put the icing on the cake, he will never own the cubs for sure now.

vCash
    Why would he lie though? It's a $1M-$3M fine, I don't think he'd risk going to jail over that. It'd be WAY too stupid, he's a billionaire, that's nothing to him.

Granted, money makes people do weird things.
    Last edited by Doogolas; 11-18-2008 at 04:32 PM.

And then. He made them pancakes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast