Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Levine: Dempster to decide in next 48 hours

I heard it on ESPN 1000. I'm going to keep listening because he usually comes on at 10.

He didn't give any other details than that.

vCash
    Sign with....the Cubs? Someone else?
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    Wit who?

vCash
    cubs

vCash
    He didn't say. It was a quick update. He said that's what he's hearing.

A guy over at BCB heard it too.

vCash
    This would be great if he resigns with the cubs. It makes everything less complicated. Hopefully its that 4 yr 50 mil deal that was talked about.

vCash
    As long as its only a 4 year deal worth around 12 a year I am OK with it. Anything more, I will be pretty disappointed.

vCash
    I'm hoping its not the Cubs. That means that it's probably in the 5/$70m range if he actually rejected the 4/$50. Why would he reject it, then accept it 2 days later?
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    I didn't see he rejected it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I didn't see he rejected it.
    I thought I read that. Damnit. Let me look......
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I'm hoping its not the Cubs. That means that it's probably in the 5/$70m range if he actually rejected the 4/$50. Why would he reject it, then accept it 2 days later?
    I would have to agree. Wonder if he could be getting nervous that a Peavy deal is getting close and wants to sign before the offer changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    Coco Crisp sucks.

If Neifi Perez and Juan Pierre had a baby, and dropped that baby on his head a dozen times, and dipped him in a bucket of Boiling Suck, that baby would grow up to be Coco Crisp.

vCash
    I was wrong.

The Chicago Tribune reports that the Cubs have offered Ryan Dempster a four-year, $50 million contract.
    However, the newspaper calls $50 million "a number he should be able to beat on the open market" and speculates that Dempster won't re-sign quickly even if he does return to Chicago.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

vCash
    I dont want Demp back

vCash
    Boo Dempster coming back, HOORAY TWO PICKS!

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    If this rumor is true and Dempster does sign with us, would it be wise to still go after peavy? or should we use that money on abreau or ibanez?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast