Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

December Game Thread

Thought I'd start this since the Week 3 thread is a bit outdated. Do you guys think we could start to turn it around this month? Today we play the Kings without Cousins.

It's obvious Burke struggles on both ends. Tonight the other PG is Collison. I expect him to have a big game unless Exum gets extended minutes guarding him. I personally think if we get the ball to Kanter and Favors more often, we will have a pretty good chance at pulling out a road win.

vCash
    man we just can't make 3's. you can't win if you can't make them at least try to contest your 3's.

vCash
    Hey guys. Its been a while. Hope everyone is well.

I haven't been able too watch many games this year. What's the deal? Are we really this bad or is the new system just taking that much time to take hold? From what I have seen, are we just stuck in the reality that none of our players are great but simply just good (Hayward, Favors maybe Exum eventually...). Is Burke an issue?

vCash
    burke and burks are shooting under 40%. that is a huge part of our problem and it not like either is a good defender either. you can't win when your backcourt shoots under 40% and can't defend. one thing of note is that burks has been playing through a shoulder problem so that might be his problem http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...t-this-season/

vCash
    Jazz just beat the world Champs! Nice way to end the losing streak

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    It seems to me that shooting is a main issue. Burke seems to be really streaky from what I've seen and Burks isn't really a shooter. Hayward is also pretty streaky but probably our best shooter.

Like I said before, I haven't seen as much as I would like out of our team, but does it look like Exum is even close to being able to take a bigger role? If we continue on this path to bottom 3 of the West, should we give him more?

In my dreams, I would trade a combination of Burke, Burks and Kanter for a Klay Thompson type to finally get that shooter we so desperately need.

vCash
    I honestly don't think that Exum is in nba game shape yet to take a larger role. His conditioning needs to improve before we can expect more minutes.

vCash
    Sorry I was referring to Exum above, my phone will not let me edit

vCash
    We are trying to play Spurs like basketball. Yet our fans want our players to put up all-star numbers. This is just not going to happen when you play in a system that demands unselfishness. The Spurs top three scorers average 16, 15, and 14 points per game. Not exactly all-star numbers, but the media gives them the respect we want because they are winning. The offense is designed to get the best shot, not isolate the star player and let him pad his stats. Yet fans continue to say we don't have any real good players. I think we need to realize Hayward and Favors are great players and are not the reason we are loosing.

Kawhi Leonard is a good example. He is getting all the love by fans and the media. Yes Kawhi is a fine player, but he also plays with 3 hall of fame teammates, veteran teammates in a system everyone understands, a deep roster and solid bench, a proven championship system, and the best coach in the league. I'd like to see how he would do in Utah with one of the worst starting PG's in the league, no other consistent threats from 3 point range to space the floor, a rookie coach implementing a new scheme, one of the worst benches in the league, a team full of young inexperienced players, and a big man that plays no defense. In contrast imagine how good Hayward could look for the Spurs.

Let's get back to Jazz basketball

vCash
    Burke one of the worst PG's in the league? Come on man.

Give me names of starting PG's that you think are worse?
    Conductor of the Zion Wall

vCash
    you know Jumba I went through the list and I did find some close calls

Norris Cole-its close, but at least cole can defend
    Jose Calderon-its pretty even at jose's age but he can still shoot
    Mo williams-been pretty bad for the twolves
    Elfrid Payton-been pretty rough offensively no idea on his defensive ability though
    Kemba Walker-been really rough this year

I probably forgot a guy or two, but clearly we have a bottom 10pg and in my estimation a bottom 5. the next fun one would be sg's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    Burke one of the worst PG's in the league? Come on man.

Give me names of starting PG's that you think are worse?
    Some of these names are very debatable. What's not that debatable is that we have a bottom 5 starting PG.

Dallas has had Devin Harris and JJ Barea starting.
    Lakers have Ronnie Price and Jeremy Lin.
    Elfrid Payton is for now only because he is a rookie.
    George Hill has an argument.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    the next fun one would be sg's
    http://hoopshabit.com/2014/08/12/nba...ting-guards/6/

The above site ranks the Jazz starters before the season started by position as follows:

Burke #22
    Burks #26
    Hayward #12
    Favors #16
    Kanter #21

Its impossible to agree on this type of list. Most of us don't watch enough basketball to really know. I would rank Alec at #20 on this list. I rank Trey at #27.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    http://hoopshabit.com/2014/08/12/nba...ting-guards/6/

The above site ranks the Jazz starters before the season started by position as follows:

Burke #22
    Burks #26
    Hayward #12
    Favors #16
    Kanter #21

Its impossible to agree on this type of list. Most of us don't watch enough basketball to really know. I would rank Alec at #20 on this list. I rank Trey at #27.
    I saw that article as well, but burks has been worse this year then last year.

vCash
    had a chance, but blew it. Kind of what you want to learn and get better.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast