Win?

Love to see what his staff looks like.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ague/10099729/

Win?

Love to see what his staff looks like.
    I may eat these words in 3 years, but I absolutely love this hire. The more I research this guy, the more I like. I am so excited for the next few years.

Doug Collings refers to him as having one of the greatest basketball minds he's ever come around. Yes please.

vCash
    I like the hire. Now he needs a strong staff. The timing is good too. Now they have time to plan on what to do with this massive draft.

vCash
    Welcome to the Jazz Mr. Snyder!!!!

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    Yes, I was reading what people were saying about him, and mostly good info. He seems like a really hard worker, has a lot of great ideas. Lets hope he can be our man for the next 20 years =)

vCash
    Not excited, not bummed either. Hopefully we give the guy enough talent to be successful.

vCash
    anyone know anything about allegations and scandals that happened at mizzou when he coached there. a long time ago, but i read a comment somewhere that suggested some not-so-stellar conduct by him.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    When he coached in Mizzou his players that he was recruiting were getting arrested, he paid a couple players with real money instead of sports cars....the rest of the allegations as far as I know were false. He wound up resigning though, so they didn't look farther into the matter. I do remember they didn't let him recruit for a couple years which hurt the program. But ultimately I always got the impression that it was just because the NCAA has ******** rules. He was also very immature back then, remember it was 10 years ago. I'm sure he's learned a lot since then, especially when he coached the D-League for the spurs.

vCash
    I really wanted Messina. But Snyder and Messina have a relationship. I would love to see Messina come over. However, I don't know if Messina would view that as a downgrade for him.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Don't think so, Stein said Messina is looking to come over and be the assistant, we'll see. That would be a killer combo though.

vCash
    messina is old, and has coached a long time. i'm sure he could use a break from the rigors of head coaching. utah's lovely during basketball season, lol.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    anyone know anything about allegations and scandals that happened at mizzou when he coached there. a long time ago, but i read a comment somewhere that suggested some not-so-stellar conduct by him.
    they ncaa investigated it and it really wasn't anything bad. In fact I bet most major univeristies do worse. He did things like pay for dinners for his players and calling recruits more then once a week. really minor stuff.

vCash
    The funny part is he didn't even have a stellar roster, he had a hard time recruiting. Luckily that won't be a problem with the Jazz as he's not recruiting players, Lindsey is.

vCash
    Here's an article about the scandal: http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/sho...t=40543&page=1

Sounds like he put too much faith in one of his players and it ended up coming back to bite him. He probably could've handled things a little better but it doesn't really seem like a major character flaw.

vCash
    thank you much everyone. it wasn't a red flag to me as it's been a long time ago and hasn't prevented him from getting jobs. he comes across as an enthusiastic, mature coach in interviews, so the proof is in the pudding. on his own merits, i really like this hire. throw in quality assistant coaches and i'm more than stoked.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

-Portman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast