Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Erik ersberg to start

Kings head coach Terry Murray announced today that Erik Ersberg will start in net for the Kings tomorrow as they host the Anaheim Ducks.

“Coach told me I am going in tomorrow and that is all I really needed to know,” Ersberg told LAKings.com after practice. “This is my first start of the year, I am going to focus on this game and try and get a win. I am excited.”

Ersberg has faced Anaheim once before, stopping 39-of-40 shots on March 26, 2008 in a 2-1 shoot out loss. Former Duck Mathieu Schneider scored the winner in a 2-1 shootout at the Honda Center.

“I had a fun game against them last year.” Ersberg said of the game.

“It is his first opportunity and it is a good opportunity to play against one of the premier teams in the league,” Murray said. “They have been playing great over the past half dozen games or so and we are going to give him his opportunity and I know he is going to take advantage of it. He has practiced extremely hard and has had a great attitude right out of training camp.”

Ersberg has seen action in two games both in relief of Jason LaBarbera, stopping 14-of-16 shots (.857 SV%) and was the tough luck loser vs. Nashville on Oct. 25 in which he entered the game trailing, 3-0. The Kings cut it to 3-2, but Ersberg would surrender two goals in the third period and the Kings would score two more, making the fifth goal allowed – Ersberg’s second – the game-winning goal in the 5-4 loss.
    http://kings.nhl.com/team/app/?servi...ticleid=390294

vCash
    I think a good move, Ersberg keeps us in games. He really did a good job ending last year, while Labarbera was injured, watching Labarbera give up some of the goals he has is frustrating, he is probably one of the worst breakaway goaltenders in the league, if someone has him one on one he loses everytime it seems. He just has not been cutting it yet this year, one shutout which he did a good job and a couple other games was not his fault but he has pretty much had 2 or 3 good games out of 7 not good enough

vCash
    the goaltending is frustrating to watch. it has been a weak spot for years. hopefully management realizes they need an NHL calibre goaltender, not AHL or worse. they need bernier to mature in a hurry

vCash
    its getting pretty pathethic to watch.. i hope ersberg comes through

vCash
    ersberg has definetly done his job, but i know the kings are relucant to sign big name players but the Bulin Wall is still out there on the FA market get it done

vCash
    well hes 2-0-1 and a 2.00 gaa since taking over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lynchgagne View Post
    well hes 2-0-1 and a 2.00 gaa since taking over
    Yes he has done a good job but his save percentage is not quite where it should be, and he has not really faced any top notch teams yet, srry ducks are not considered in the same catagory as Detroit, Calgary, Buffalo and teams like that in scoring. But why not take a chance on the Bulin Wall with a one year deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgersfan4ever View Post
    Yes he has done a good job but his save percentage is not quite where it should be, and he has not really faced any top notch teams yet, srry ducks are not considered in the same catagory as Detroit, Calgary, Buffalo and teams like that in scoring. But why not take a chance on the Bulin Wall with a one year deal.
    theres no point to do that....we have way to many prospects just to block there development with another vet... just stay with ersberg and let labarbera in everyonce and a while..ersberg is solid he doesnt allow cheap goals like labarera does.. he'll be more then adequate maybe leads us on a playoff chase...

ps. after tonights ersberg is 3-0-1 2.00 GAA and a .911%sa

vCash
    thats 4-0-1 2.00GAA man ersberg is on fire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lynchgagne View Post
    thats 4-0-1 2.00GAA man ersberg is on fire
    yep even these two losses in a row he has still done a great job, just our offense which was a plus for us last year has struggled so far this season, i think this team is just one more great player away from making playoffs, i think it's a Right Wing too, i am still angry that we let the Rangers get Zherdev. He would of been perfect for this team and would of continued the Youth Movement

vCash
    Kings looking alot better this season, Ersberg been getting it done.

vCash
    ersberg is proving that last years small sample size (14 games) was no fluke , apears that he is a nhl goaltender hopefully he keeps it up i think lababera is a good backup but not a starter in my opinion, seems to be injury prone.