Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

What would you like to see added to the All-Star Weekend

It looks like Adam Silver is making the All-Star weekend an All-Star Week, which I think is a good idea, if for nothing else to give players time to relax a little and allow the guys participating some time to relax.

I assume the dunk contest and skills challenge will still be saturday night, and the AS game on Sunday.... perhaps the rookie/sophomore game could be on Friday....

But what would you like to see added?

I personally would love to see a USA vs The World game, where American All-Stars take on global All-Stars (Parker, Manu, Dirk, ect). Or even just Eastern conference international players vs. Western conference international players. OR they could invite guy from Europe and Chinese leagues to face off against the NBA's international players.

I'd also like to see the retirees play. When I was younger there use to be a game where retired guys would play. I think Dr. J played in one game, but it'd be fun to see Ewing and Shaq and Drexler and guys like that suit up... even if it is for a short game, instead of throwing a couple of them into the celebrity game.

Maybe a one-on-one, two-on-two or three-on-three tournament?

What are your thoughts?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

A 3v3 streetball type of tournament would be fun to watch. But I've been thinking of the 1v1 tournament for a while.

Set it up like a boxing match. Place in your bets. John Wall vs. Steph Curry. Who will win? Just an example but oh how fun it would be to bet on that. But I'm sure most players in the league would refuse to do something like this.

OUT:
    3pshooting
    dunking
    rookie game
    skills
    Fan voting

IN:
    three day tournament with semifinals, 3rd and 4th spot game for losers and Finals for winners.

Teams= ( selected by coaches)
    1Team USA
    2Team Nba foreign players ( true foreign, Duncan plays for team usa so he should be in team usa)
    3 Team Ncaa
    4 Team Euroleague.

Just put them 4 in a ballot to decide who faces who in the semis.

1 on 1 and 2 on 2 tournaments.

I'd like to see them eliminate the all-star weekend. It's about the same quality of entertainment as a pre-game shoot around.
    Last edited by Bramaca; 07-27-2014 at 01:20 AM.

The 1-on-1 thing probably will never work. Teams don't want guys to get hurt playing in a meaningless game.

1v1

Free throw shooting contest

Your baby can't do this

Slam Dunk Contest:

Have the top D league rim protector or foreign player, protect the rim as slam dunk contestants tries to duck on him.

Defender can only take one power step forward to jump up vertically.

The offensive player will have 3 different types of take offs they can perform; driving from the 3 point line (started point can be any spot from the 3 point line (top of the key, wing or corner)), the other from the elbow, player most have their back to the rim before beginning dribble, player will quickly turn around and proceed to drive towards the basket. The 3rd challenge will be a power drop step like Shaq used to do, and go straight up and try to dunk on the defender.

The Dunk contest can be saved, if people was actually getting dunked on. lol

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

I'd like to see some type of speed challenge. Everyone always wants to say one of the players on their team is the most explosive, quick, fast, etc. player in the league. It would be nice to see who actually is, and it's something different. Idk something equivalent to 40 yard dash in nfl, and home-to-1st in baseball?

2 vs 2

With fans being able to vote for the players on each team, no matter conference.

Dunk Contest needs a jolt.

Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    The 1-on-1 thing probably will never work. Teams don't want guys to get hurt playing in a meaningless game.
    Exactly.. There's some ideas that I like in this thread, but the league would never approve due to risk of injury.

3v3 tourney sounds good to me

I like crooners idea of having a tournament with NBA international and college.. That would be awesome

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderKid318 View Post
    I'd like to see some type of speed challenge. Everyone always wants to say one of the players on their team is the most explosive, quick, fast, etc. player in the league. It would be nice to see who actually is, and it's something different. Idk something equivalent to 40 yard dash in nfl, and home-to-1st in baseball?

Watch out for SpeedKills in your fantasy football team this year. You guys always battle it out.

Also should do like a future star game where all of the top high school prospects get together and play a game

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Also should do like a future star game where all of the top high school prospects get together and play a game
    This.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast