Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interesting Scheduling

I was comparing the schedule of the teams in the Mets division as it relates to playing inter league games against the AL East. The AL East in my opinion is the toughest division in baseball with 3 top tier teams, Boston, Yankees and Tampa ...The NL East has only 2, The Phillies and The Mets.

Both the Mets and the the Braves play 15 games against the AL East while the Phillies, Nats, and Marlins play 18.

The Mets double up against the Yankees, The Phillies against Toronto, The Marlins against Tampa Bay, The Nats against the Orioles and the Braves against the Red Sox.

While the Phillies, Nats, and Marlins are playing their 3 extra games against the AL East, the Mets are home against the Cardinals and the Braves are home against the Reds.

Out of the 15 games the Mets play against the AL East, 9 are on the road, ( Yankees, Orioles and Red Sox ), 6 are at home ,( Yankees and Tampa Bay ).

Out of the 15 games that the Braves play, 9 are at home, ( Yankees, Toronto and Red Sox), and 6 are on the road, ( Red Sox, Orioles). ,

The Phillies are home against the Red Sox, Baltimore and Toronto and away against Toronto, The Yankees and Tampa .

The Marlins are home against Tampa, Yankees and Baltimore and away against Boston, Tampa and Toronto

The Nats are home against Baltimore, Boston and Toronto and away against Baltimore, Yankees and Tampa

The Mets do not play Toronto, and the Braves do not play Tampa
    Last edited by NY Sports Fan; 02-19-2009 at 04:44 AM. Reason: forgot something

Ok......

BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

So the Mets have an easier schedule than the Phillies? Is that what you are saying?

The mets are facing the yanks, sox, and Tampa. Every other team in the nl east is doing the same. It's not a big deal.

I'm sure this is going to make all the difference when, as usual, the Mets and Phillies are tied for the division lead with a week to go in the season.

Don't worry. He's got this.

what the hell is deal with this interleague scheduling? the mets have gone to fenway 3-4 time already for interleague play. when the hell do the sox come to shea/citi?

Mets playing the Yankees every year is AWESOME.

You play 162. You win 90, your in the playoffs.

I'm sure the Cubs are not crying that we get the Nats 18-19 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    So the Mets have an easier schedule than the Phillies? Is that what you are saying?
    No, just giving information with no agenda for those who have not yet read the Mets schedule for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by elephants View Post
    Mets playing the Yankees every year is AWESOME.

You play 162. You win 90, your in the playoffs.

I'm sure the Cubs are not crying that we get the Nats 18-19 times.
    But they get the Pirates the same amount or close to it.

Mets can beat the Yankees, Red Sox or Rays. Just depends on how they are playing at the time.

Everything is even as you pointed out. We'll probably go 7-8 against the AL East. They have the 3 best teams in baseball in one division.

The real truth of it is that the baseball season is just too long for any small difference in schedule to have a legitimate impact on the standings.

In football, over 16 games, strengh of schedule makes all the difference in the world.

Over 162 games, it should be much less of an issue.

Don't worry. He's got this.

The AL East is going to be very interesting this year. With all the signings the Yankes made this year people are already pegging them division champs, but I really don't buy it yet. Not that they won't be really good, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Boston and Tampa ahead of them.

As for the scheduling, I don't think it'll matter too much.

Non topic

Basically balances out, but a ONE game swing could make a whole lot of difference, as we all know too well.

Like additional black uniforms, interleague play is a fad that needs to be buried.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast