Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Riders QB Situation

I cannot believe that Miller pulled Durrant after a bad quater, I mean where was the quick hook in Bishop's previous stinkers? I honestly believe that Durrant will leave after this year and flourish, probably in BC because of his connection to Shivers. I also see the Riders aquiring either Joseph or Printers, either way the starting QB for 2009 is not currently on the roster. I like Jyles, I think he is a mobile version of crandell. Thoughts?

vCash
    i want durant to start and he should start.bishop was brought in to play till durant was back and thats the way it should be

vCash
    bishop

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

vCash
    Steven Jyles will be the Saskatchewan Roughriders' third starting quarterback in as many weeks this Saturday when the defending Grey Cup champions host the Edmonton Eskimos.

It will be his first career start in the Canadian Football League.

"It's an important game and I'm thankful I'm getting the opportunity to play in it," Jyles told the Regina Leader-Post on Tuesday. "I'm just going to do my best and give my all."

Jyles steps in for Darian Durant, who threw three first half interceptions before being replaced during Sunday's 30-29 win over Hamilton. Jyles took over in the second half and completed 12 of 14 for 149 yards and a touchdown.

Durant took over as starter on Sunday for Michael Bishop, who has struggled with the Riders since being acquired the from Toronto Argonauts in August. Bishop will back Jyles up on Saturday and Durant will be the third quarterback.

"When you evaluate the three quarterbacks by the same standard, when (Jyles) played, he had the greatest ball security," Riders head coach Ken Miller told the Leader-Post. "The three standards are to be able to operate our offence, make good decisions and make plays. He did those three well in the game on Sunday. Based on that, I think he deserved the opportunity to have another try."
    tsn