Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deron Williams

38 59.38%
  • Amare Stoudemire

26 40.63%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I like Amare. If he can improve his D he will be amazing.
    Kyle Kendrick sucks.

vCash
    ^^ Not that he already isnt.
    Kyle Kendrick sucks.

vCash
    This is not a tough thread; both players are great. . Here's the championship formula for those who still don't get it. NCAA = guard play wins championships. NBA = Dominant bigs. I'll agree with the above user who said that Amare's stats are probably padded by Nash. Tack that on with his knee problems and you have a no brainer thread. Take a healthy Deron Williams. But... if you were just talking about taking one or the other as a solid building block you take the big man. The guard is easier to replace.

vCash
    i will pick up amare suns fan or not i think amare is a beast on both sides of the ball offense and defense yeah i said it defense a guy that averages 2 blocks a game that is
    6th in blocks per game dont play no defense well i guess kevin garnett shouldnt have been defense player of the year so get off amares back its not his fault mike didnt preach defense just watch what happens when he doesnt have superstars like nash, amare, and marion. Hes going to get exposed just like he did in denver before he came to phoenix. Dont get me wrong mike is a good coach cuz hes a players coach and people want to play for him hem...hem...LEBRON AND WADE hem.. hem. mike cant do nothing,he better trade his whole team to get kobe or something or he aint going to be nothing

vCash
    As good as big men are I'd have to go with Deron. He knows how to score, has great leadership and makes his teammates better, which is always a plus.

vCash

vCash
    Being a Suns fan I have to go with STAT. It seems like the last decade whoever wins the championship has a dominant big. You had KG last year, and Duncan and Shaq winning titles between 99-07 (exception of 2004 when Detroit) won it. Amare has a lot of improving to do, especially on the defensive end, but he's one of the most talented players in the league right now.

Deron is top 3 PG for sure though and you can't go wrong with him. I just think Amare has a higher ceiling and he's still young like Deron.

vCash
    Deron by a hair. It's usually better to pick a big man but Amare biggest problem is defense and that's one of the most important qualities of a center. Plus Deron is one year younger and no injury problems(so far).

Bobby Ray Simmons AKA B.O.B= The Best Up-And-Coming Rapper in the Game

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/...hange-gon-come

vCash
    Deron,but if it was 2nd option I would have to go with Stat.Stat can't lead a team by himself,Deron in the other hand can.

vCash
    its really close.. id feel more comfortable choosing amare if he could rebound better and if his D was ATLEAST a lil above average but il give him the benefit of the doubt cuz i believe great pgs come often.. not that many explosive big men come everyday. remember cp3 and dwill were in the same draft year. now rose was the first pick.. n i also feel the big man makes ur team better than a pg would. il compare great pgs teams to other great bigs teams. bigs as in pfs and small as in pgs.
    great pgs
    nash (good team) has a great big man
    bdavis (we'll see but prob not good)
    kidd (semi good team) has a great big man
    cp3 (really good team) had a really good big man
    gilbert arenas (bad) no big man
    rose (future) (we'll see) no big
    ellis (bad) no big
    dwill (good) has a really good big man
    parker (really good) but u can say BECAUSE of the big man
    billups (good) good big man
    calderon (is getting there) (good team) great big man

great Pfs
    amare
    bosh
    garnett( great team.. no need for pg)
    gasol (no need for pg)
    brand (no need for pg)
    boozer
    dirk (got to finals with a sg playing pg) n he year after. devin harris was pg n he aint great
    duncan (we all know doesnt even need a pg)

so to me it seems big men make a Big difference

vCash
    the game is a point guard led game right now..u gotta go wit a PG who can handle, defend and stroke it from anywhere..plus it doesnt hurt that he has a swagger bout him, now i hate utah but the guy is up there when it comes to top point guards in the league..

vCash
    Deron WIlliams. Leader. Scorer. Defender. Bad Azz.

vCash
    I voted Amare but then decided I would go with Deron. My reason is a great team starts with having a solid leader and talent at point guard. Amare started getting really good when Steve Nash came to the Suns, my point.

vCash
    I did this comparison because I feel that the difference between CP3 and Deron is about the same as it is between Dwight and Amare and since the other one was close I figured this one would be as well and I was right.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Deron. Why? Amares defense, and the fact that Deron seems to be the only one who can slow down Paul. With the Hornets looking like regular playoff contenders in the West, it's a big issue.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast